• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Lucky you Soup is going to be doing most of the posting. I don't have much time to play mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

But I like you, dammit.

I like Soup more though.

Give me your thoughts on the mechanics. Leave Soup your thoughts on what you think scum does with this first buy phase and have him give it to me after a little time has passed.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh God, I didn't notice Tery was a thing. Riddle may live a little longer.

BSP, I've got Badwolf blocked (not ****ing with you) and I will publicly state that I probably won't give enough ****s to try and read Vinyl. Will you hold that against me? If not, will you read Vinyl for me?

BSP

Smash Legend
I can't blame you for the former, but why not just unblock Badwolf for the game?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Because it takes a lot to get on that and he made a real *** of himself in the social thread. I didn't unblock him for the Newbie Game and I'm not going to here until I get word from one of a very few trusted sources that he's stepped up his public relations game.

How about the latter and helping me out with it?

Do you feel confident walking into this game? The answer is null, but helps me a lot in reading your slot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cool, I'll be coming back to you for at least the first two days.

Orbo, how active are you going to be this game?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If it is about me having you blocked, it's no big deal from an in-game perspective. It is simply me gimping myself in not being able to read you fully and I can remove that if need be. If you have something solid you need me to reply to, others will see it and quote it so that I can.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I don't care for the Buy phase mechanic or the minigame, I don't believe it should hinder on how we scumhunt and it seems like mostly a gimmick mechanic, the first person to use them as a tell in this game will get personally tunneled by me.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: Oh, you said Buy phase and Minigame. Ok, I'll agree with that.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure there's cards like that but you're implying that people will be honest about everything, or that players will just be willing to give out information like that. The buy phase and the way things are used are personal for a reason, I don't expect anyone to willingly tell me their cards or how they're going to use them.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm not too fond at this sort of buying stuff; it's pretty weird for me. I can agree that it should not even be mentioned as it's only a side sort of way. Unless, there's actually more to it.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm sure there's cards like that but you're implying that people will be honest about everything, or that players will just be willing to give out information like that. The buy phase and the way things are used are personal for a reason, I don't expect anyone to willingly tell me their cards or how they're going to use them.
Hmm, you're right. We can't see what anyone has bought and we can't verify it. Noted.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
That's not what I implied at all, but thanks for telling me that you plan to buy nothing.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Says who? The thread's open and there's no reason to delay this game just because people want to play monopoly. This is a serious vote.

BSP

Smash Legend
Rajam said:
During the Buy Phase, players can post normally, but they can’t vote or use cards.

Well, it won't count officially, but I think I see what you're saying. I'm going to take that as an RVS.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As long as it's just the first, that's fine by me. I will probably not be the first and the first will probably be an idiot.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Well, BSP? We're playing pretend RVS. I'm the townie who has the gun pointed to you, and you're the guy who's about to get a bullet through the head, but it's okay, we're only pretending.

BSP

Smash Legend
It's fine because you shooting me this early would give the rest of the town someone to look into.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If someone wants them, they're gone. I can't afford them if someone outbids me, as I am playing the game.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually surprised at a response like that, I thought you were pretty adamant about in your earlier post. Tell me what you think of BSP and on a scale from 1 - to dead how dead he should be.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, I legitimately want those dice, but I think I can win RPS, so that's seriously more important to me.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I really hated his comment and how he's just willing to appeal to me after I hypothetically held him at gun point, his lack of defense for himself bothered me greatly. Vinyl. seems fine for now, not really anything amazing and Badwolf lurking like this is something I've been side-eyeing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Leaving work in just a minute. Will PROBABLY have internet later. I have to borrow my aunt's car because mine's getting worked on.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I really hated his comment and how he's just willing to appeal to me after I hypothetically held him at gun point, his lack of defense for himself bothered me greatly. Vinyl. seems fine for now, not really anything amazing and Badwolf lurking like this is something I've been side-eyeing.
The lack of defense is what I was referring to. I think he's going to float around until he gets his feet on the bottom, but even then, I think he's likely not to be too adamant unless something REALLY catches him. He strikes me as the kind of newer player that wants to be very precise (for lack of a better word). Keep his options open and want really desperately for the game to be black and white.

Push him and he'll drop text book new scum tells because they're the kind of things hypothetical town would say (my death doesn't matter, etc, etc). That's the what I mean by "I think he's just like that."

Push him more and he'll crack like cheap glass. I wouldn't push for that point until I had something more substantial in the game to force him to grab hold of. You could certainly get more legitimate stances out of him at this point instead of him reserving his thoughts. You want to go for it, go for it. Not a bad cause. I could get behind it.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I get what you mean on his play style, I think he's that kind of player too due to observation of [redacted]. The thing I don't like the most is that I feel like he's just waiting for something to happen, like his opening comment for example. He wasn't like that in the last Newbie we played but I'm not going to say that players or change or they get progressively better, which is why I'm not holding him to that specific standard, however I am holding him to his more passive approach and his lack of initiative. I can't ignore that the game hasn't officially started but I agree that he could give more legitimate stances if he wanted to.

Top Bottom