• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Humongous Smash Tourney!!!!(brawl And Melee)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
I just wanna say that people are complaining a lot about how long gigs took and ****. And in general people want big attendances. well, i just wanna say that having HUGE tournies and having them run fast IS possible......................with FLORIDA GAMING!!!!!!!

All their venues are in conference rooms and convention rooms in hotels. They are BIG rooms!!!! Both smash tournies they've had so far, they had over 20 TV's!!!!!!!!! And spacious room, A/C, and supply enough seating as well. All we need are to get the smashers here. I am really surprsied at how weak the last smash showing was at FG's last tourney considering HOW FAST AND SMOOTH they did the 1st smash tourney. They had brawl singles done in like 3-4 hours. compared to gigs like 6+hours.

Seriously though, a humongous spacious, comfortable venue, with MAD setups, and no one comes? These FG events can be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! Last tourney, there were like over 20 tv', and like a quarter of them didnt even have cubes or wii's. Cubes and wii's should be the easiest thing for us smashers to supply. But sadly, there just werent that many smashers.

For the next FG, EVERYONE WHO WENT TO GIGS SHOULD DEF COME TO FG!!!!!! 20+ TV'S!!!! run smoothly and professionally. All they need are the smashers to show up. Like i said, their 1st oe they did like a 60+ man tourney, in like 3-4 hours.

THERE IS NO REASON WHY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT COME TO THESE EVENTS!!!!!!!!

-hiro

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I stronly agree with hiro here :p.
I wonder if hiro is going to post the same threat in other places than Atlanta south? just for the rest of the U.S to know...witch mean good biz at the end.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
How did Gigs get that many people? They couldn't all have been from Smashboards. Which means that whatever Gigs is doing to advertise their events, Florida Gaming needs to incorporate that as well.

Honestly, I was at the last FG and I expected many more people to show up. It was still fun, but like hiroshi said, there were tons of set-ups that weren't being used.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Yeah whenever I hear people come back from FLGaming they make it sound like everything we want Gigs to be, I'm definitely going to the future ones and I'm gonna try whatever it takes to go to them.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reason the 2nd Florida Gaming was prob smaller I think is because, I believe that the first one was advertised on allisbrawl!!!

If you think about it though, the melee attendance was the same, it was only the brawl attendance that dropped!!!

Plus, generally the first tourney of a new host is huge, and then it drops off cause people think they don't stand a chance!!!

Zoro

Smash Champion
How did Gigs get that many people? They couldn't all have been from Smashboards. Which means that whatever Gigs is doing to advertise their events, Florida Gaming needs to incorporate that as well.

Honestly, I was at the last FG and I expected many more people to show up. It was still fun, but like hiroshi said, there were tons of set-ups that weren't being used.
I dont think gigabits advertises their events on anything BUT smashboards

the popularity of gigabits came from time, reputation and word of mouth. Just our crew alone consists of 12 plus people i know of gigs because hiroshi and I went to the first one.So the rest of our crew knows about it. They go because we go. Nobody from SFL is going to come to gigs alone so they come in packs like usually 5-15 south floridians make the trip. Most do because the probabilitity that attendance will be good is higher at gigabits then any other tournament in fl. With around 60+ serious regular smashers attending gigs at one time or another this informs alot of people about gigs.

I know some noobies in my high school that attended gigs just because I talked about it. Theres really no where else to go. Gigabits doesnt even HAVE to try to bring in people this is their 24/5/6/7/8th i duno gigabits its the time they have been hosting smash tourneys that affects attendance. Florida Gaming is really good about advertising and not just on smashboards. They actually print out flyers and post em around. Something I dont even think gigabits has ever done.If we can get a confirmed count from people expecting to go and then label the topic like " Florida Gaming 60 + people tournament" (if we get at least 60 people to say they will go) it will create interest. People dont want to make the trip for a small tournament.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i wanna go to FG next time, but i want to have a good teammate for doubles, otherwise i see no reason to compete (and i hate brawl singles, as shocking as that is coming from me.)

CO18

Smash Hero
yea I didnt make an allisbrawl thingy for the 2nd one, only the first one. Ill try to hype this one up.

No more big gigs.

In 2D

Smash Cadet
Florida Gaming's venue is bigger than Inet's, and looks just as nice. We need to get all the Gigs attendees to FG. Maybe Mwarhead could post that there's going to be a tournament at FG? They have the reputation, we just need to convince the smashers somehow, that FG is the shiz.

Noa.

Smash Master
I don't go to Florida gaming because it's a little on the expensive side. But having Mwarhead host the next gigs at the Florida gaming venue would be awesome! As unlikely as it would be.

Florida Gaming sounds so inviting, the way people talk about it. I might consider going if attendance is big. And I would bring my Wii.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I kicked my self on the head for missing the second florida gaming...i was like *They had a crew battle with out me D:* awwws...well again, I dislike breaking promises and favors when it comes to friends. I'll go to the next one though.

hiROI

Smash Lord
At the last Florida Gaming, I wanted to go badly! But I was a little low on the money side. But I would most definitely come to the next one and bring my wii ;D

Zoro

Smash Champion
I don't go to Florida gaming because it's a little on the expensive side. But having Mwarhead host the next gigs at the Florida gaming venue would be awesome! As unlikely as it would be.

Florida Gaming sounds so inviting, the way people talk about it. I might consider going if attendance is big. And I would bring my Wii.
Its not pricey if you bring a tv and wii NOOB! it costs the same as gigabits.
Dang people are so lazy at bringin setups..

h1roshi

Smash Hero
FG is NOT more expensive, its the same as every other tournament. Just look at the pic of the venue!!! its huge, not all the FG events are held there, but there other venue is equally as big. We just need the smashers.

ALSO, I WILL NOW BE HELPING RUN THE SMASH TOURNIES, TO MAKE IT EVEN FASTER. CUZ OFCOURSE, FG IS THE SERIES MADE BY MNITG AND VERICZ. (VERICZ IS ONE OF THE ORIGINAL WATO MEMBERS). for you new school peepz. WATO is the nastiest CREW!!!!!!!! yayuhz. lol

anyways, IF you bring a set-up, they knock off the dorr fee, and 2 things happen.
1. you pay the same price as everywhere else. and....
2. you just made the tourney more efficient by supplying more equipment.

-hiro

Frames

DI
anyways, IF you bring a set-up, they knock off the dorr fee, and 2 things happen.
1. you pay the same price as everywhere else. and....
2. you just made the tourney more efficient by supplying more equipment.

-hiro
but see that's the biggest problem with gigs to me there's never any setups i heard that there were like 8 setups last night and the whole point is that there's no incentive to bring a setup anyway gigs is cheaper than FG by default so people dont feel a need to bring setups but the thing is with FG since they cost more normally people will try and bring setups but in the end it will also end up discouraging those who can't or don't wish to bring setups from entering the tourney

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
$10 extra is not really a big deal anyways, people act like they have to save up money for several weeks because of the difference, and all this is doing is helping us have a better time so I don't really see what the problem is.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
well, smashers need to think about what they want. $10 extra bucks gets you into a comfortable, huge venue with mad tv's and mad friendlies. Just for $10!!!!!! $10!!!!!!!!!!!1 but, wait, theres more, IF YOU BRING SETUPS, YOU DONT EVEN PAY THE $10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-hiro

vericz

Smash Champion
I supply 9 tvs OF MY OWN along with uuaa and other wato members make it 10+ tvs and about 6+ wiis on our own. Yes i need the help and yes the door fee gets knocked off but for the next one Im going to have to have a cutoff point on the number of setups. I had more setups than outlets!!!!! Like more than 20 setups, it was amazing.

Either way, the $10 door fee goes to the venue and any other expenses me and the other hosts encounter. It really isnt that much. An extra $10 to have a better venue, NICE AC, HUNDREDS of chairs, a more organized event and TONS of friendlies???!!

Come on, how many friendlies did you guys play at the last gigs??? Im not putting gigs down at all, i love them, but their lan center isnt a place for 140 smashers. Florida gaming is the place for that and I really hope everyone comes out. I promise to make it fun for everyone.

Who ever was at the first event can back me up. it was AMAZING!

I love the smash community :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
For the people saying gigabits should be held here...you guys don't know what gigabits is then. Gigabits is the store name, not just for the tournament...so it would just be Hiroshi's smash tournament at Florida Gaming, gigabits would have nothing to do with it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing is that gigabits is respected and **** but Florida Gaming is rather new. If you could somehow get a day with only brawl/melee instead of most of the room devoted to Halo and beer pong, we could probably hold a national tournament. That room EASILY held 200 people, and if we had TVs on ALL of the walls (Except the back because that could be for the tournament organizers) there could EASILY be 20-30 TVs. You could also put tables in the middle like the halo was and add another 10 if we need it. FAST2 could totally be held there....so easily.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
The thing is that gigabits is respected and **** but Florida Gaming is rather new. If you could somehow get a day with only brawl/melee instead of most of the room devoted to Halo and beer pong, we could probably hold a national tournament. That room EASILY held 200 people, and if we had TVs on ALL of the walls (Except the back because that could be for the tournament organizers) there could EASILY be 20-30 TVs. You could also put tables in the middle like the halo was and add another 10 if we need it. FAST2 could totally be held there....so easily.
jyes...

vericz + frames + Rx- running FAST2.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
yay good idea from me, finally

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Sorry, but its just a really good idea. And HB for the epic housing!!!

Hell, the venue could be housing as well, its a place in a hotel. But the room could be also. People there could by water bottles and food and just lock them up in there, that would be awesome .

h1roshi

Smash Hero
the reason gigs does so well is basically just cuz they have the name, the rep. Also, a big thing gigs has, is that neil, there host, is super cool, and lets us have a fun time, and they make it seem like they actually care. (although the last gigs was horrible, no one cared, they just seemed annoyed by us(neil wasn't there)).

BUT, florida gaming should be given the time of day. We already know they are going to be succesful and have a well run tournament. Their 1st smash tourney was run so fast and smooth with a really good turnout. AND, its a smash tourney ran by smashers!!!! its ran by vericz, and now i will be helping run it as well. We know this community and care about the community. We have tv's set up for friendlies, we let outside food in the venue, roomy environment, we joke around, all the little things that make people love tourneys.

ALL WE NEED ARE THE SMASHERS TO COME.

-hiro

PolMex23

Smash Champion
trust me im dying to go to a new "FL monthly" where we dont end in the morning and see bull****...

An i feel so bad about the cool guy thats allways there...I always joke with him an he always jokes back,...i really like the dude. Lol the double dutch rudder ****, ...always makes me laugh.

I feel so bad...I wish he hung out with us. Yea, i want to travel 2 hours for a really good tourney an not a **** fest with sausage

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
the reason gigs does so well is basically just cuz they have the name, the rep. Also, a big thing gigs has, is that neil, there host, is super cool, and lets us have a fun time, and they make it seem like they actually care. (although the last gigs was horrible, no one cared, they just seemed annoyed by us(neil wasn't there)).

BUT, florida gaming should be given the time of day. We already know they are going to be succesful and have a well run tournament. Their 1st smash tourney was run so fast and smooth with a really good turnout. AND, its a smash tourney ran by smashers!!!! its ran by vericz, and now i will be helping run it as well. We know this community and care about the community. We have tv's set up for friendlies, we let outside food in the venue, roomy environment, we joke around, all the little things that make people love tourneys.

-hiro
hroshi's right, we need to give FG time and i'm sure everyone will like it as much as gigs, if not, better (i'm just saying.) by the looks of it, it looks big, and i'll definitely try to come to the next one. i just need a good teammate thats all. good job hroshi!

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice

-hiro
What you say makes complete sense, and I definitely see FG becoming as big as gigs if not bigger. The thing is, I think FG will have to allow their rep to be built up like gigs did or there needs to be some serious hype behind this. I personally would prefer the second option because I plan on going and I hope there will be a good turn out.

vericz

Smash Champion
Sorry guys but we cant have people in the venue overnight but its a hotel, split the room between 4-6 ppl and it will be about 10-15 per person with the offer the hotel gave us.

We could however let you guys in and play while we setup friday night. we are usually in there til 1am and no later. that is only for those staying at the hotel tho

Top Bottom