• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HugS vs. PC Chris

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Very nice matches indeed!
Gosh HuGs pwns like no other.
PC Chris getting half his damage and about 60% of his moves off of is laser spam :mad:

Redragon

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Every time I see an amazing bounty huntress destroying a stupid blue chicken...
Well... It brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
PS: HugS is <3.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I Was There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, was this the set he played up on the higher TVs where nobody watched, or was that him vs Dope? I remember one of them went under most peoples' radars because a "better" set was going on.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
wow, impressive play..almost makes me want to play samus.

Can someone tell me whether you have to edgetech walljump to phantasm or just regular edgetech? though i can jsut test out later if no one knows off the top of their head..i really didn't expect it..i expected an edgetech but not instaphantasm back to ledge

another question..is it not good to tech the downthrow of falco with samus? and why did pc chris choose the dtilt there (1:20 in match 4) instead of the dsmash..it cost him.

But basically hugs DIed in and didn't tech then knocked him away with the get up attack?

and a third question..at 3:00 in match 4..why did pc chris choose to roll behind samus? that's usually a risky tactic..i'm guessing he was afraid of something..so what would samus have done after the jab if he had rolled away or stayed in place...did he not have better options?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
wow, impressive play..almost makes me want to play samus.

Can someone tell me whether you have to edgetech walljump to phantasm or just regular edgetech? though i can jsut test out later if no one knows off the top of their head..i really didn't expect it..i expected an edgetech but not instaphantasm back to ledge

another question..is it not good to tech the downthrow of falco with samus? and why did pc chris choose the dtilt there (1:20 in match 4) instead of the dsmash..it cost him.

But basically hugs DIed in and didn't tech then knocked him away with the get up attack?

and a third question..at 3:00 in match 4..why did pc chris choose to roll behind samus? that's usually a risky tactic..i'm guessing he was afraid of something..so what would samus have done after the jab if he had rolled away or stayed in place...did he not have better options?
you can just regular edgetech, but you have to be fast. if u watch viperboy or bombsoldier they do this a lot (viperboy is the tech king).

uhh its not good to miss a tech with anyone on anything. i dont think he expected it. and falcos dtilt kills samus off the top faster than dsmash kills off the side (especially with hugs's DI and samus' godly recovery)

everything is a chance, he probably either fell back on something that made him feel safe or tried to do something he though hugs wouldnt expect (or both depending on his mindset). remember there is no "best" option, or computers would be the best players.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I don't tech a falco/fox dthrow at times to throw off timing/predictions. Since a Fox/falco player has to rely on prediction to do anything to samus after a throw, i may have thought (at the time) that staying in place would be my best option. I was wrong.

I'm glad these were put up. One of my favorite matches. Though I have become a lot better and added a lot of new things to my game. Including a lot more offensiveness. I can't wait for OC3.

Mars—

Smash Rookie
I don't see anything that impressive. Really basic stuff all around. These guys need to work on their mindgames.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I feel like a peach player when I play Falcos. A lot of dsmashes.

Shield the lasers, WD or jump out of shield, crouch, dsmash.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the matches took place last october but are just now being being put up? wtf?

and lol at the 4th match when the stage changes. lmao

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Tobes said:
Every time I see an amazing bounty huntress destroying a stupid blue chicken...
Well... It brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
PS: HugS is <3.
For the record, I'm not HugS and HugS is not me.

Erave

Smash Cadet
Impressive battling. Makes me even happier I chose Samus as my main.

brg

Smash Ace
Epic **** indeed, more epic than the battle at Helm Deep in lord of the rings (yeah i know that sounded geeky)

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhhh... It always pains me to see my two favorite charecters fighting. Why can't we all be friends?

But seriously this is good stuff. just helps prove my point that falco can't counter samus as well as everyone thinks.:chuckle:

Top Bottom