• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HSAM's Tournament Thread, Date: TBA

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
HSAM Presents: TBA
This is a tournament held by our crew, HSAM, usually once every school holiday, half term etc..
Due to small space this is rather small tournament with a 32 man limit on the entrance and with little money.
Any interest pm and you will be added to the list.

Location Info + Times​

• Adress: 48 Lynton Road, Rayners Lane, Harrow, HA29NN
    Venue Opens: 12.00pm
    Play Starts: 14.45pm
    Event Fee: £1 per event​

Tournament Rules​

• Pools -> Double Elimination Brackets
    Matches are best 2/3 until Finals which are best 3/5
    Bring your own controller, if it breaks during a match and you have no spare sorry you lose...
    Advanced Slob Picking, Stage Banning, Dave's Stupid Rule all apply, you know standard smash rules, know them :p

Melee Specific:
Random/Neutral Stages:
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:
BattleField
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle (N64)
Mute City
Peach's Castle
Poke Floats
Rainbow Ride

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED.

Results:
Melee: 15 Player Turnout
1. Kman
2. Synapse
3. JJlinyard
4. JJFox

HSAM 6 Video Playlist Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxb5lqR-qdo&feature=PlayList&p=ECA0B4E4BD93A84E&index=0&playnext=1

Whoever is entering give me a pm with the following:

* Smash Name Required
*Singles?? Doubles?? name your events and if doubles your partner if you already have decided
*£1 per event.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol JJL good job on beating Tamoo..
Tamoo you suck lool :).

I wanna come to the event when I came so I can play your entire since I haven't played everyone and just see new people in the community.
Maybe we can do Professor Pro vs HSAM lol :).

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Fuzzyness - deff aint gonna miss it, gonna try and bring more of the crew this time.

Prof - sounds good when we figure out when the next one will happen it shall be up, and will be looking forward to Professor Pro vs HSAM :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
well i think the overall plan for next time, because we hold it once every holiday, we are gonna do alternating events to maximise turnout and competition, because the competition in brawl out weighed melee by miles this time, an having both made it really slow, sooo we are gonna do one tournament melee only, so melee singles and melee doubles, and then the next time brawl only. however this is only if enough interest is shown with just these individual events, which by the turnout at the recent one shows it should go well :)

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Sounds like u got everything sorted wld like 2 come 2 these but I'll b in Staffordshire uni come September n we dnt get half term at uni so it wld b hard 2 make theses but if I'm dwn in London during Christmas n Easter then I'll try n make em

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
hey, when do you think the next one would be? I'll try my best to attend the next one

and =O why is battlefield not a neutral stage? its like one of my favourite.

Tamoo

Smash Master
haha yeah, i do need to step it up, that guy just knows the **** jiggs matchup too well, why does he have to live next door to a jiggs player :(
Im learning falco for him now,, I felt much more comfortable using falco rather than jiggs gainst his fox for sum reason

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
DG - no idea yet when i know you will know, and ermmm that's an error it is a neutral :)

tamoo - i **** falco too, just not as hard, but be my guest :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
i have a new iPhone! Yes! Melee is cool. I like fox because he's fast. but all i do is up throw up air. i like it.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
okay guys im bumping this up as it has been confirmed.

WE HSAM, are holding a 32 man limit tournament on the 28th of October
It is gonna be MELEE ONLY!!!!!
Please pm me if you are interested in coming to the tournaent as i am doing sign ups before due to the 32 man limit (due to space). soooo let me know :)

ps... we have run like 5 of these before and they have ran well, players like tamoo, siri, nessy as they have been before... Hope to see you there :)

READ FIRST PAGE EVERYTHING IS THERE!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
nah 3 days before.... obv if no1 shows interest it will just become a regular smashfest instead of small tournament.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
why a weekday :(
count me out
**** it man, cos its easier for us to get a free house if it is a week day, plus saturday is the 30th and allow having it the day before halloween, and i doubt james wud be able to host one the day after the monthly......

Just realized I can't make this. On thursday I dont have college but on wendesday.
**** education....

J03

Smash Master
rofl i had the same thing as Brado, wanna come but not enough peeps for me to shell out on it dood.

sure ill kick your *** in melee at some point

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
I'm confused...it says melee only yet there are Brawl stages and such ? :S
basically we would usually do brawl + melee but this time we are just doing melee and im just way to lazy to like remove the brawl stuff....

rofl i had the same thing as Brado, wanna come but not enough peeps for me to shell out on it dood.

sure ill kick your *** in melee at some point
hmmm hopefully others will show an interest and enter....keep checking just incase it goes up to like a good amount of people decide to turn up and make it worth your whlie :)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
everyone who has told me they are coming already are on the first page.....i also have an intrested list XD
get you and your crew down...brings up the competition level last time it was basically certain me vs tamoo final

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
basically we would usually do brawl + melee but this time we are just doing melee and im just way to lazy to like remove the brawl stuff....
and this needs to be melee only event as it is way to awsome to be included in the same tournament as brawl.

i reckon ill remove the brawl **** for now then.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll see if they're down. Harrow? would I need to get the metropolitan line there?
metro or piccaidlly then its a 10 min walk or another option is central line to northholt then a bus...... depends whats better for you i guess any help needed on a route and i can assist :)

i will definatly attend this harrow is esy for me
cool cool ill add you to the ever growing list :)

Top Bottom