• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would i go about becoming a BRoomer?

M.K

Level 55
I'm sort of tired of associating "Broomers" with Gods. Half of them are very rude, and the other half cover their ears and go "lalalalalalalala" when you try and argue your point.
I'm sure they might disagree with me, but it's true...

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'm sort of tired of associating "Broomers" with Gods. Half of them are very rude, and the other half cover their ears and go "lalalalalalalala" when you try and argue your point.
I'm not quite sure anyone associates Broomers with gods.

Not like baseless accusations help your case either.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Make Matt jokes
You aren't in the BRoom. That obviously doesn't work. :p

Meta-Kirby said:
I'm sure they might disagree with me, but it's true.
...explain yourself. I know that some of us are rude, but I don't get what you mean by the lalala BRoomers. I was rude before I was in the BRoom.

M.K

Level 55
I'm not quite sure anyone associates Broomers with gods.

Not like baseless accusations help your case either.
I completely understand your point, however, it's obvious that the whole fanbase in the Brawl boards are obssessed with the BRoomers. Anything heard or said by them is immediatly factored in as completely true. It's not always obvious, but it's still there.

Oh, and no offense to any listed, but I do think that Youko, Gimpy, and Mookie (who may/may not be BRoomers) could be a little more sensitive or, in certain cases, mature in their respective fields. For example, Gimpy posted a thread along the lines of "Marth is broken garbage" in the Marth thread, and everyone played around and stuff. This isn't very mature, I don't approve of this. It's not funny, it's...childish.

You aren't in the BRoom. That obviously doesn't work. :p

...explain yourself. I know that some of us are rude, but I don't get what you mean by the lalala BRoomers. I was rude before I was in the BRoom.
I didn't say all BRoomers were rude, and some of them I highly respect, but let me give you an example. Someone posted a new technique in the General Brawl Discussion board, and it was actually a pretty good technique. Naturally, people were skeptical, and the mods closed the thread. Later, one of the mods opened a thread of the EXACT SAME technique, and they were highly praised for it. That poor guy came in and tried to defend himself, but got shut out. That mod was a BRoomer, I KNOW it.

Now, I associate Mods and BRoomers lightly, the example above was just an example of rudeness. I HIGHLY respect Kokichi, he is a fantastic member of this community.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that only 5% of BRoomers even set foot into the Brawl rooms, to be honest. And the reason that people agree with them, is that they're usually right. Not because they have a Grimer under their name-- It's just a common trait among BRoomers to be logical.

And give the Brawl mods a break. Even you can pick out the idiots of the Brawl rooms-- imagine having to deal with them day in, and day out.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Who are you?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Oh, Xsyven, in my post, I forgot to add in the whole 'don't steal the nickname of a respected member' part.

And, Meta-Kirby, it is funny. Sarcasm and the ability to make awsomely simple jokes are two of the most prized weapons in the Broomer's arsenal.

Or at least they can get away with it.

M.K

Level 55
Oh, Xsyven, in my post, I forgot to add in the whole 'don't steal the nickname of a respected member' part.

And, Meta-Kirby, it is funny. Sarcasm and the ability to make awsomely simple jokes are two of the most prized weapons in the Broomer's arsenal.

Or at least they can get away with it.
Sure, it's funny to some, but it's not to others. I sound hypocritical I know, but not every bit of immature gibberish they post needs to be praised.

Actually, you brought up a great point. I think it's the actual thought of them "getting away with it" that makes me feel...jealous. Yeah, I said it. It's not an obssesion, it's a "why can't I do that?" sort of thing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I was actually going to post something like that.

The green name and Grimer simply allow you to get away with more stuff. And by stuff, I pretty much mean spam. We're still not allowed to blatantly flame people, just like every other member.

But honestly, you don't need it if you can perform good execution. I got away with tons of crap when I was a PRoomer. I really should have been banned for flaming about two or three times when I was stuck in here, but I never was.

Miharu

Smash Hero
It's honestly too hard to get away with flaming/trolling, as long it's amusing to the large majority of the community.

Hypocritical it may seem, but that's just how it works.

Also, visit Norcal for flaming/trolling lessons.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Xsyven isn't telling the truth at all. Before he was a Broomer, he was never banned. After being Broomered, he's been banned twice.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
BRooming is like unprotected sex.
You want it bad. but then you go a little far, and you get in.
Then suddenly you find yourself stuck with responsibility, and you bail out because it's nothing like what you thought it would be.

That and it gives you AIDS. Enjoy your AIDS!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I wish I was in the BRoom. It sounds like such a cool place. Oh well maybe I'll eventually get in someday, someday in the future.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hpw did you get selected to get a sub-title? same way I'm guessing, but why different colors?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
hpw did you get selected to get a sub-title? same way I'm guessing, but why different colors?
You have to pay for the custom title. Members with a
under their avatar are Premium Members, meaning they donated to SWF to gain access to custom titles and avatars. (Plus tons of other random stuff.)

The different name colors are basically just things to let you know what privileges a user has.

Blue means the member is a tournament director-- basically, all it does is allow them to add stuff to the SWF calander.
Pink means the member is able to post in the Debate Hall.
Green means the member is able to post in the Back Room. Back Room members will also have a
under their avatar.
Purple means the member is able to post in the Smash Back Room.
Orange means the member won a WWYP contest, or is a blog writer.
Red means the member is a mod.
Italicized Red means the member is an admin.

And then there's Hiemie.

A lot of members, including myself, have access to change their names multiple colors. Members like Matt and Virgilijus are both mods, but use Orange names. So beware for trickery such as that.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit - I'm pretty dang curious as to what kinda shenanigans goes on back there >_>

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Smash Back Room is for members who've made big contributions to the smash community or are renowned smashers, or stuff like that. I'm not as familiar with the SBR.

The Back Room is for members who've been cool people on this forum.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I might try debating, I like to discuss different [serious] topics without having to filter through the crap. The only problem is that depending on my mood I might not want to read too much or post too much.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I wonder if i've ever been mentioned in the BRoom......but seriously, i just want the color of my name changed....maybe to a nice mauve or orange

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I might try debating, I like to discuss different [serious] topics without having to filter through the crap. The only problem is that depending on my mood I might not want to read too much or post too much.
Heh, I'm never going to try to get into the debate room. My mind is like,"Hm? Debate? =DDDD"

This is basically me: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

I need to nip my addictions in the bud.

Also, this thread equals big lulz.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Somebody else that reads xkcd. But what does the Back Room have to do with the Debate Hall?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
God no.

There is no connection between Broomers and other rooms, except for Mods who automatically gain access to all rooms

Bailey

Smash Hero
lol. The Smash Backroom is also a place where they disscuss tier lists and tournament rules. Also it does some polls to determine banned stages, etc...

Yea I bought my way in there too.

Top Bottom