• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
Usmash never works because no one will ever get that close to Ganon. That's closer than grab range/jab range. No one really gets that close unless they are baiting the jab/grab/ftilt whatever.

Don't allow scrubs to belie the truth of Ganon: he's not that good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The possible way to use it is when generally the opponent would DJ to avoid your Uair then create an opening for himself to hit you because he had already baited it... but since you conditioned him like that, you can Usmash him as a trap because he'll be already falling down on you. I've caught many people like that.

Or obviously in a combo too can work to kill floaties earlier on top or even combo fast fallers with guaranteed big damage. Don't forget about downthrow into Usmash too, (not sure the exact % though around 30-40) though it works only on semi-floaties like Doc, Mario, Jiggs/Peach can work too sometimes.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
It's really funny how **** is censored but not penis. :rotfl:

Edit: I'm kinda happy that a Samus won that set. :smirk:
Lol, was gonna tell ya'll to not watch that set. T'was horrible. I think that's the last time I lost to him though. Although he's dang good.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Can't wait until you guys see my next video annoying you all to critique me. I really have improved a ton, mostly just recently.

Certain things just start to click as I keep playing. For example, falcons have a very hard time dash dancing against me.

I still suck complete *** against the spacies of course...

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait until you guys see my next video annoying you all to critique me. I really have improved a ton, mostly just recently.

Certain things just start to click as I keep playing. For example, falcons have a very hard time dash dancing against me.

I still suck complete *** against the spacies of course...
I can attest to pretty much all of those statements. Marth matchup needs work though man. For both of us ;)

Also, DAFUQ ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD?

DOOOONAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEEE

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What Ian's saying is beyond true. It works at every level of play. It's all about choosing the right distance to do it from. Everyone falls for it at some point.

Renth

Smash Hero
Eikelmann has grown at least ten levels in smash meta knowledge/skill from the time I use to spend with him up to Apex 2013.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Eikelmann has grown at least ten levels in smash meta knowledge/skill from the time I use to spend with him up to Apex 2013.
have i ever told you how much i loved you? seriously though, you're my biggest supporter and i appreciate that so much :bee: <3

I'm pretty much confirmed for EVO, but I have to pay people their money back before I'm morally allowed to register or get my hotel room. :b

Also, Bubba, you're not kidding. Playing Bowser has made me a much, much better player.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I know this isn't Melee, but if you guys could give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it: http://youtu.be/GvFq3bvr4XI

Especially you Chris, since I know you've played Alex before. Although I don't think you've played his Ivysaur.

I'm currently looking up plane flights to Las Vegas. Evo should be a fun way to end my summer, since I start RA training the week after it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Well, seeing as how evo is in Vegas (and I'm... Sort of 21 ;)) AND bizz, linguini and Ian will be there (and I'm assuming kage and everyone, I just haven't heard officially), I'm DEFINITELY trying to go to evo. See you there bro :3

EDIT: Tipman, I gotta play you, dude... evo?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I should be at Evo. I've looked up plane tickets and hotel prices, and I'm pretty sure I can afford the trip. All that's left is to book it.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Even though evo is in Vegas I think I'll have a better time in Cali. But evo + Vegas sounds too legit.

Ss you should come hang out one of these days. Kye wanted to hang out too and I'm sure I could get Eric here too.

:phone:
if you two are ever in the same building, i'll straight up drive 4 hours down there to play melee with you guys. no joke. hit me up.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Let's get a hotel room with all ganon mains and call up some stripper from those cards they pass out at the strip LOL.

I got dibs on Mimi the blonde.

:phone:

Top Bottom