• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
I've done it, it works.

Basically hold down once you land on stage, and watch for her downsmash. As soon as she does it, time the SDI up for the 2nd hit. Note: if you are at too low of %, you might still get hit by the third one, making you dead. But this is a trick better used at higher %s anyway.

edit: she doesn't actually have that much time to downsmash because her stand from ledge isn't that fast (she can't waveland on stage quickly like most characters), and almost any player will just do it once they get up. Plus, if you are any distance into the stage, it will take her more time to walk towards you (ever so slightly, but her walk is slow). The time at which they downsmash is usually quite obvious

also for an example, dr. peepee does this against armada at apex 2013 grand finals, not sure exactly where though and I don't care to search through the video to find it. If I remember correctly it was on FD when he did it.

Last edited:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Being NC's Ganon would be really interesting. I'm sure I'm a good contender for that. Light the Torch.
well lately i've been playing PM ganon cuz he's fun. well, his aerial side b is fun, and finding really funny ways to hit it is fun. especially since suicides count for the initiator in the ruleset, i believe.

anyway, as far as i'm concerned, NC has always had a true active ganon. right now it's only sorta the case, as i think cmac is active but i'm not really sure. either way, the list goes back pretty far, from like 59Js and dama (05-07ish) to jim/ace (08-2010ish..?), to me (2010-2012ish). i want ganon back on NCs pr's but it won't be easy haha.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
well lately i've been playing PM ganon cuz he's fun. well, his aerial side b is fun, and finding really funny ways to hit it is fun. especially since suicides count for the initiator in the ruleset, i believe.

anyway, as far as i'm concerned, NC has always had a true active ganon. right now it's only sorta the case, as i think cmac is active but i'm not really sure. either way, the list goes back pretty far, from like 59Js and dama (05-07ish) to jim/ace (08-2010ish..?), to me (2010-2012ish). i want ganon back on NCs pr's but it won't be easy haha.
I actually don't like PM Ganon too much, he feels really clunky and not smooth like Melee Ganon, plus it's Twilight Princess Ganon and I find his voice annoying.

I'm really liking Link in PM though. He feels so much like in Melee. Plus he's way better too.

Dude I definitely want to be on the PRs. I feel like I can definitely do it. Ganon is just too fun. Getting good with him is so satisfying.

Superspright

Smash Lord
It sounds like he hasn't felt the joy of the Spartan kick or the sheer power of the Ganoncide
I don't like the buffer [if they can get rid of that I am game], but the game is pretty solid, and Ganondorf is a BEAST in PM. Murder choke follow ups, and just having two mid-air grabs and a stronger tilt game is legit.

Superspright

Smash Lord
everyone keeps saying ganon is ****ing low tier, when he's so much better than his melee counterpart. like i don't understand.
The rest of the cast is **** mode, and he's just good. I noticed he has problems just like in Melee--maybe more. Squirtle is a ****ing ***** and has too many tools and invincible frames, and super armor, and all sorts of **** he should NEVER HAVE.

Coastward

Smash Lord
The rest of the cast is **** mode, and he's just good. I noticed he has problems just like in Melee--maybe more. Squirtle is a ****ing ***** and has too many tools and invincible frames, and super armor, and all sorts of **** he should NEVER HAVE.
meh, i've faced a ton of squirtles and none of them really surprised me. i guess i haven;t faced a really good one yet. and yeah i can agree that he still has a lot of problems, but he deserves more credit.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I've been spanking squirtles, but I imagine he's going to be insane in the hands of someone good--he has an unattackable approach with the shell sliding crap. He can always cross over on us. I played in tournament against some squirtle player who thought he was good. It was my first time playing PM, and I just spanked that ass. He probably was brawl to PM, and not melee to PM. He was really pissed and didn't even shake my hand and just walked off pissed off. I love that ****.

Coastward

Smash Lord
i think wizards foot beats the shell slide thing, the last time i played a squirtle i remember beating it out. i could be wrong though. salty players are funny too.

cemo

white walker
I find there's lots of people that think they're really good at PM ... and then they play someone who has an actual understanding of fundamentals.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yooooo got 9th at a tournament with 87 entrants! And it was not an easy climb lol... Got stuck in a pool with Kels AND DarkAtma because Atma entered under a different name lol. Anyway, I got 2-1'd by both Kels and Atma, securing my spot as 3rd seed. Got knocked immediately into losers by Cheato, who plays peach (moral of the story: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT ****ING PEACH) and climbed the losers bracket until I got 9th... Just out of the money... again.

The tournament still might be going on, I left before the end. Hope to see Kels beat Mew2King! Kinda bummed I never got to play M2K. Challenged his Marth to a money match, but he didn't wanna do it. Lol I guess he doesn't want my cash.

TL;DR I'm improving exponentially every time I play

tm

Smash Ace
Yooooo got 9th at a tournament with 87 entrants! And it was not an easy climb lol... Got stuck in a pool with Kels AND DarkAtma because Atma entered under a different name lol. Anyway, I got 2-1'd by both Kels and Atma, securing my spot as 3rd seed. Got knocked immediately into losers by Cheato, who plays peach (moral of the story: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT ****ING PEACH) and climbed the losers bracket until I got 9th... Just out of the money... again.

The tournament still might be going on, I left before the end. Hope to see Kels beat Mew2King! Kinda bummed I never got to play M2K. Challenged his Marth to a money match, but he didn't wanna do it. Lol I guess he doesn't want my cash.

TL;DR I'm improving exponentially every time I play
Nice job dude! Post results thread / any vids when they're up.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way. Playing against a good peach is tough. I feel the flip kick is your friend in that matchup

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So I just finished up with NSA2. I didn't do very well, but holy **** it was hype as ****.

Should've made it out of my pool, but ****ed up real bad. Inconsistency. Towards the end, I was bodying people though, so I know I have it in me. Dazwa only beat me by one stock when we played so that was ok I guess. I know that once my consistency is better, which only will come with time, I will have a stellar ganon. It's a good feeling.

I just watched that CF, and I'm really not that impressed. I've played better Falcons on the Island. They don't miss tech-chases anywhere near as much, and edge-guards are just going to happen. Maybe he was having a bad day? He looked sloppy as hell and picked tons of bad options--missed tech chases--missed grabs... etc. If this guy is a big name or a big problem for you then you should just work on your tech. His tech sucks IMO. He just throws crap out and hopes it sticks. A smarter opponent will punish his playstyle. It's very haphazard and suboptimal. The only thing he's got really going for him is that he isn't stupid when it comes to shield pressure. He can actually deal with it [but who can't?]. It's really weird. He tech chases with side-b, and his timings are really off on a lot of stuff. I'm sorry but this is not even a mid-level Falcon IMO. He's fortunate that the Fox is so bad at edge-guarding and the game in general. There were plenty of times he could have just been shined right off the stage and then killed but that Fox has no idea how to edge-guard CF.

Btw 6:55-7:00

That's how you deal with it with virtually every character. Wait for him--bait him into coming back. He has less options than you think. I knew he wasn't doing anything special. Also his timings are completely off and he's vulnerable every single time I watched him do it. He's just too slow. Punch him with fair or uair edge-guard him.

Honestly though, if that Fox was good he would have lost that set without picking up a win. He dropped TONS of tech chases, and out where I live that would have resulted in a stock or half a stock each time.
Please watch this now. THIS is the falcon I'm trying to take down.

And this is just marth. His combos on me are way harder. One grab and I'm often dead. Falcon ganon is ****ing insane.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
also why aren't ganon's using this hax dash? it's really good for edgeguarding.
Ahem

And yo thanks tm! I'll post results, unfortunately, I didn't get far enough to make it to the stream this time, so no vids. Although I probably could've had some recorded if PM wasn't being recorded at the same time and edging out melee...

Yo gravy has one of the sickest combo games I've ever seen. He's a way better player than I am, but I don't think he knows the ganon matchup, which is why our set at big house was so close. Mark my words, though, I'm gonna beat him next time we play ;). One thing I noticed about him when we played is he's very skittish vs ganon, so if you put him in his shield, you can make him roll pretty easily. And I think he's overly aggressive too if I remember correctly, so don't forget about your up angled ftilts!

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So at Midstate Massacre I went 2-2 in doubles with my friend, Squirt, and we went Ganon/Fox. Won the first game to a mediocre team, then lost to a good team that I'm familiar with, and then took a solid win over another mediocre team (I had 4 stocks left on the second game.) But the last Doubles match we played was vs. a Mario/ Marth combo, and the Mario really threw us off. He was able to get some nice gimps on use that costed the set.

I really don't want to mention how I did in singles. I just have a pretty good hypothesis that I perform better in tournament when I'm listening to music. I gain the confidence that I get in friendlies and I go for the edgeguards and certain moves that I'm comfortable with. When I'm no confident, I just play like absolute ass, music just helps because it pumps me up.

I'm going to definitely try this out next tournament that I enter though, I want to see if this really is true.

Also, I need to remember that Ganon's best stages are Battlefield and Dreamland. Counterpicking to FoD is a big no-no.

Superspright

Smash Lord
So I just finished up with NSA2. I didn't do very well, but holy **** it was hype as ****.

Should've made it out of my pool, but ****ed up real bad. Inconsistency. Towards the end, I was bodying people though, so I know I have it in me. Dazwa only beat me by one stock when we played so that was ok I guess. I know that once my consistency is better, which only will come with time, I will have a stellar ganon. It's a good feeling.

Please watch this now. THIS is the falcon I'm trying to take down.

And this is just marth. His combos on me are way harder. One grab and I'm often dead. Falcon ganon is ****ing insane.
That was pretty solid. He looked a ton better there than in the other video. You're going to have a hard time taking him down. His dash dance could use a smidge of work, but otherwise that's the kind of Falcon you don't want to fight. Fades in and out and punishes you the moment you do something. That last match was hype.

@Skytch

FoD is FINE. Just learn to manipulate the platforms and it's just a tiny battlefield with edges you can easily tech. That map isn't bad unless you can't play quickly on it. I wouldn't bring Falco, or Peach here, but the rest of the cast wouldn't be terrible.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
hax dashing with ganon is so ****ing hard, i either do it too slow and buffer a roll on stage, or i just air dodge to my death. i'm assuming i have a super small frame window to do this.o

also, everyone should really get their shield drops down. i did so much better this weekend just by getting proper shield drops down.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
hax dashing with ganon is so ****ing hard, i either do it too slow and buffer a roll on stage, or i just air dodge to my death. i'm assuming i have a super small frame window to do this.o

also, everyone should really get their shield drops down. i did so much better this weekend just by getting proper shield drops down.
actually it's just as hard to do it with ganon as it is with cf or any other character. you have to be frame perfect no matter what. i'm going to practice it in slow motion first i think.

as for shield drops, i believe they're super helpful. i'm gonna get that **** down next.

Top Bottom