• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ahhhh gravy. The saltiest set I've ever played. Game 3, he had over 100% last stock on yoshis (if he got hit, he was dead), I had two stocks... which he took with some pretty sick combos. Gravy, if you're reading this- I got you next time ;)

But yo falcon is a tough matchup. Aggro falcon is an easy matchup. Just sit patiently and don't jump before he does.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
i feel that though ganon is slow he has fair options against a lot of characters though some of them may be unconventional. I love fighting spacies now, i know the spacing and the combos on them now, just working on marth. I am from canada by the way and probably going to toronto as that is the closest big tournaments to me

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
It's like you shot yourself in the leg and then fought someone and said, "See! If I didn't shoot myself in the leg I would definitely win!"

Come on man--don't **** with me now. You're a good Ganondorf, but Animal out performed you. It's whatever. I have beaten him in friendlies too. It's not that hard to beat in in friendlies...he's always ****ing around. Tournament is a different mindset for him. He never plays even close to serious in friendlies lol.

But anyway, Animal is not amazing--he's GOOD. That's about it. Amazing lies in the realm of the top 50 best players. If he breaches that I'd be amazed. Otherwise he's just a very solid Fox.

Also, I never play Animal really. I see him once every few months so he probably got a quick refresher in that Apex match up. I play at least as fast as you if not faster--a lot of our style is pretty similar, except I go for more movement. You're more spacing oriented--you try to wall harder than me. I concede space a lot and go for ledge options when it gets pretty bad.
Animal is great but he's still relatively new. Ik people that were trashing him back in the day. You're hyping up your region way too much

Coastward

Smash Lord
check the ontario fb group, if you're not in it join. there's a whole list of upcoming tourneys. there's one this weekend in hamilton for melee/PM and one at YorkU for P:M/Brawl.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I used to have so many character specific combos on characters, it was ridiculous. Anyways, what's with all the super sprite salt? I'll MM him if it'll make everyone calm down. Honestly, if any Ganon came to SFL alone. NONE of you would make it out alive. I think Pork chops (one of our players) wanted to money match Kage after he destroyed him in friendles Apex. Kage declined :(

Superspright

Smash Lord
Animal is great but he's still relatively new. Ik people that were trashing him back in the day. You're hyping up your region way too much
Have you played him in tournament before? I have. I'm not hyping him up at all. Saying someone is good or solid isn't hyping them up.

tm

Smash Ace
Yo Ian, how do you have that bowser background behind all your posts? that's sick.

fudge_

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just started trying to play competitively about a month ago, and I've only been to one real event (mass madness), but I'm a Ganon main so I thought I'd say hi.

Also, any tips on learning to pivot smash/tilt/jab consistently? I spent like 3 hours practicing it today but I only get it like 1 in 10 times

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just started trying to play competitively about a month ago, and I've only been to one real event (mass madness), but I'm a Ganon main so I thought I'd say hi.

Also, any tips on learning to pivot smash/tilt/jab consistently? I spent like 3 hours practicing it today but I only get it like 1 in 10 times
I'm in the Boston area some of the time and attend tournaments there. Been to mass madness several times. Which one did you go to? And will you attend NSA2?

I hope you stick around here, because I've encountered several dorfs from MA on these boards that haven't responded to me at all and are never at the events I attend. I just wanna find some more local ganons.

fudge_

Smash Rookie
I'm in the Boston area some of the time and attend tournaments there. Been to mass madness several times. Which one did you go to? And will you attend NSA2?

I hope you stick around here, because I've encountered several dorfs from MA on these boards that haven't responded to me at all and are never at the events I attend. I just wanna find some more local ganons.
I was at the most recent one (11 I think?). I can't go to NSA2 though, I was planning on it but now I'm too busy.
If we end up at the same event we should definitely play though, maybe you could show me some stuff. I'm still not very good :(

Superspright

Smash Lord

How so?

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Practice tech skill. It will come slowly in matches too but too the point where its second nature to just move about freely with ganon. I highly recommend not switching characyers too much

Coastward

Smash Lord
holy **** bizz PLEASE

also money johns are legit and they suck, i know those feels. as for these new ganons, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say im new to ganon though. I have been playing for a while with him but finally getting to tournament level.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
We definitely need to play. I think i am the only dedicated ganon here in niagara. There was one other but he quit ganon :(.

Coastward

Smash Lord
there's literally only me and bernard(RaynEX) that play ganon and attend tournies regularly. there's other randoms that show up, but i've never seen them show up again. for a second i though i was the only ganon main in the GTA.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Unknown has a good ganon though. I played him last year and he 4 stocked me with ganon lol. I sucked so much then

Coastward

Smash Lord
yeah but he's banned til like october and i haven't played him in a while. he and raynex ganon ditto alot when they stream, it's pretty cool cuz they give me shoutouts all the time lmao

Coastward

Smash Lord
i dont think thats gonna happen, its becoming a struggle just to finish melee on time with all these new people showing up. brampton is getting on the PM **** though, a lot of tournies soon.

Top Bottom