• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
Hey @ S Superspright , when you perfect platform dash to turnaround slide off backwards (then fall to grab ledge), what are the inputs (after the platform dash / platform waveland / whatever you want to call it) ? Just starting practicing it and I get it sometimes but I'm not sure why I get it when I do or what I'm messing up when I don't. Sometimes I turn around but get stuck on the platform, sometimes I begin the turnaround animation but fall before I'm actually turned around, and sometimes I dash the other way. Is there a certain distance from the edge of the platform that you have to start from? Any other tips?

I actually find it easier to moonwalk off from the platform dash... Might start doing this although it's a bit slower.

Renth

Smash Hero
Don't forget to fastfall after the moonwalk to grab the ledge faster, but don't hold it for too long or else you won't grab the ledge.
I want to play you Bizzarro, I've played all of the best Ganondorfs and I've been in the scene for quite a long time. I don't mean this to prove any form of skill more of if there are any Ganondorf Gods/Potential gods left I want to play them. I've learned a lot from all the other greats

Superspright

Smash Lord
There is a way to just hold the opposite of your waveland and the momentum kicks you off while turned around, but it requires a perfect spacing and a perfect waveland--I wouldn't say this is highly reliable, doing an immediate moonwalk will drop you off as others have stated but if your timing isn't really strict on it then it will be a cumbersome option. Try to start the moonwalk the moment you can move, or the very moment you collide with the edge which will cancel your momentum typically. Also, try to make your moonwalk as fast as possible. It's a great mix-up, and is very hard to react to since it's near immediate. Good luck with practicing it.

I'm going to chisel out the kinks in it until it's pretty consistent, but it's probably one of his hardest techs since it's another perfect timing tech, and also you have to be in the right position for it. It's definitely good for grabbing ledge, or switching up your aerials, or going for a uair edge-guard, or a fair instead of a bair.

Last edited:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I want to play you Bizzarro, I've played all of the best Ganondorfs and I've been in the scene for quite a long time. I don't mean this to prove any form of skill more of if there are any Ganondorf Gods/Potential gods left I want to play them. I've learned a lot from all the other greats
We will meet soon, don't worry.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I still have trouble doing the pivot edgehog. I have seen rock crock do that. Does rock crock still play?

tm

Smash Ace
Bizzaro, finally watched your TNE videos. You are seriously sick, and I feel like I am always surprised by something you do in each set. Keep it up!

So I'm attending my first tournament in two days. Any tips outside of playing lots of friendlies and not taking my losses too hard?
Those are probably the most important. Keep an open mind, and ask questions if you have them (try to be specific or people tend to not have good answers). Try to make some friends; if you stick with the tournament scene you are going to meet a lot of cool people and spend a lot of time with them, so don't be shy.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Hey guys so for nsa, they've released the pools information kinda early. I have to get second to advance to bracket. My pool has these players:

Dazwa
Wesworth
The NZA
Delarock
Krum
Pens

Any advice on dealing with any of these players from personal experience or just from having seem one of them before? I'm mostly worried about Dazwa because sheik and I guess Wesworth and NZA because I know little about them.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Hey guys so for nsa, they've released the pools information kinda early. I have to get second to advance to bracket. My pool has these players:

Dazwa
Wesworth
The NZA
Delarock
Krum
Pens

Any advice on dealing with any of these players from personal experience or just from having seem one of them before? I'm mostly worried about Dazwa because sheik and I guess Wesworth and NZA because I know little about them.
Quick youtube search of all those names revealed that NZA is a PM Ness player. Couldn't find anything for the other guys tho.

Coastward

Smash Lord
no clue who those people are, and if you don't either than it shouldn't be too worrying(unless they all play sheik). last tourney i was at, half of my pool was filled with no names, and they all ended up being trash.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So I'm attending my first tournament in two days. Any tips outside of playing lots of friendlies and not taking my losses too hard?
You must be going to Mid-State Massacre 3 this weekend. You're also a Ganon main? Welcome to the club dude. I'll be happy to play some friendlies with ya.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
maybe you can be the next NC ganon.

i like having options to pass the torch to.

and i don't feel like being NC's ganon right now.
Being NC's Ganon would be really interesting. I'm sure I'm a good contender for that. Light the Torch.

INCOMING***

Trailer for my final combo video and SNEAK PEEK OF THE INTRODUCTION FOR A MAN'S COMBO VIDEO IN THE WORKS.

GK | LoG | Eikelmann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cdsdSsO-3Q&feature=youtu.be

Yo sick trailer. Lookin really forward to it. Wondering why you used Punch Out remix lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Being NC's Ganon would be really interesting. I'm sure I'm a good contender for that. Light the Torch.

Yo sick trailer. Lookin really forward to it. Wondering why you used Punch Out remix lol
Simply because I like it, no other reason.

Renth

Smash Hero
I have but one thing I am not clear on: Tech chasing. What is the best way to accomplish this?
depends a lot of situations and reading your opponent, If you want to get better at tech chasing play falcon/sheik for a little while and get in the habit of punishing get up attacks/neutral stand ups and roll aways. Once you get more comfortable with characters that excel at these specific traits it will give you a better understanding and you will be able to mirror that into your Ganondorf.

down smash out of down throw can lead to a lot of things same with side b. You have a lot of options ask Ian he'll break it down for you.

Renth

Smash Hero
ROflmao!

Bizzaro!

You make so much better use of down air than I do, I'll try to work these in next friendly session. Reminds of me the legendary old school Ganondorf Chaddd, he did a lot of down air.

Edit:

Phenomenal use of turnip recoveries! up airing them then using them to hit you into the stage is a fun thing i've been using a long time. The cape, the mario player taught me that so long ago. It's so nostalgic to see people using it.

-- here i thought only eikelmann and i played blue also lol

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07m4EIMFcRk&t=8m14s

I hate this situation a lot, Is this one of the rare occasions it is good to crouch cancel the first hit of the down smash to intentionally get sent backwards by the second? This is all speculation, I don't know if it'd be reliable but if it works I think it would help save us from crappy facing the other direction deaths.

Coastward

Smash Lord

I hate this situation a lot, Is this one of the rare occasions it is good to crouch cancel the first hit of the down smash to intentionally get sent backwards by the second? This is all speculation, I don't know if it'd be reliable but if it works I think it would help save us from crappy facing the other direction deaths.
yeah, but if your percentage is too high it doesn't matter. but crouch cancelling the first hit puts you in a safer spot to recover, if only down-b was reversable like in PM.

tm

Smash Ace

Yeah that works, and is probably the best thing to do if you're good at it, but if you mess up you're gonna pay for it, and it requires a bit of getting used to.

Renth

Smash Hero
a bit of getting used to ? I checked the good old frame data.

The hit boxes are only a few frames apart, 3 to be exact. To time a crouch cancel to only crouch the first hit would be extremely difficult.

I mean, I'd rather pay for it take the extra damage than be automatically dead cause Ganondorf sucks ass at recovering backwards

Last edited:

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord

Wow that is ingenious! Never thought of that.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I don't think what he suggests would work, unfortunately. Best bet is to tech roll in and pray that she doesn't go for another dsmash before your light-shield comes up. You're just supposed to die there honestly. Even if you CC the first hit and DI straight up on the second you'd definitely have to SDI to get out--good luck on learning that. I don't think anyone could do that super reliably considering the Peach is controlling the timing of the dsmash and not you. But a 1% chance is better than 0. I've tried a ton of things to get out of it, but none of them work all the time. I feel like the other player has to make a serious mistake to let you go.

Perhaps you could try gray control stick down, then double-stick DI out with a quick roll from left to right passing through up. I have no idea if that would work, but it seems crazy hard. It sucks you only have 3 SDI frames, so you have very little to work with. I don't think it would be possible with JUST the gray control stick to get out of it. Someone should experiment with it, because this is Peach's go-to when we land on stage behind her and I get sick of getting tossed off backwards too.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
I don't think what he suggests would work, unfortunately. Best bet is to tech roll in and pray that she doesn't go for another dsmash before your light-shield comes up. You're just supposed to die there honestly. Even if you CC the first hit and DI straight up on the second you'd definitely have to SDI to get out--good luck on learning that. I don't think anyone could do that super reliably considering the Peach is controlling the timing of the dsmash and not you. But a 1% chance is better than 0. I've tried a ton of things to get out of it, but none of them work all the time. I feel like the other player has to make a serious mistake to let you go.

Perhaps you could try gray control stick down, then double-stick DI out with a quick roll from left to right passing through up. I have no idea if that would work, but it seems crazy hard. It sucks you only have 3 SDI frames, so you have very little to work with. I don't think it would be possible with JUST the gray control stick to get out of it. Someone should experiment with it, because this is Peach's go-to when we land on stage behind her and I get sick of getting tossed off backwards too.
what are you talking about, i do that multiple times and it works...

everything you just suggested takes way more effort and its pretty inconsistent.

Top Bottom