• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
Got some vids coming against green ranger, nakamaru and PGH Carroll, they will be uploaded probably in a week or two. Nothing too special but I got some sets for you guys' entertainment in the near future.

Renth

Smash Hero
tight. really looking forward to seeing how you dealt with naka's falcon.
Naka and I have known each other for years and years. Our matches were our typical we do stupid crap and kill each other. It's just a lotta fun to us.

edit: I'm still with him at the moment I could probably record more but i'm tired and taking a break.

Renth

Smash Hero
Fact:

I lose to peaches

It never fails, I feel I have more than enough experience playing peach players but every time I meet a new one I feel like I have to learn the match up all over again. urgh.

Renth

Smash Hero
I played a peach named Ambix while I was in pittsburgh, I should have recorded my matches with him. Next trip to pittsburgh i'll be sure to ask him to record. Earlier in the day he won most of the games it wasn't until later the day i was taking games consistently.

edit:

I think I am just bad at the neutral game vs. peach I don't know how to safely get close and when I do get close I pay for it. Someone give me a decent info dump but not the HURR DURR obvious garbage. I am very good with turnips and using them to set things up and making sure those aren't used so she can approach I don't know what i'm missing i'll record next time

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I played a peach named Ambix while I was in pittsburgh, I should have recorded my matches with him. Next trip to pittsburgh i'll be sure to ask him to record. Earlier in the day he won most of the games it wasn't until later the day i was taking games consistently.

edit:

I think I am just bad at the neutral game vs. peach I don't know how to safely get close and when I do get close I pay for it. Someone give me a decent info dump but not the HURR DURR obvious garbage. I am very good with turnips and using them to set things up and making sure those aren't used so she can approach I don't know what i'm missing i'll record next time
Ambix is from my region actually. I have never played him, but I think he's supposed to be pretty good.

Renth

Smash Hero
So, I registered for FC.. what was the plan exactly again? I can fly to chicago on saturday somewhere in the afternoon.

Edit: Also RLD Fair, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioh0kKNoESg&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s ;)
Not bad, I don't do that one often. I like to ledge hop run off then b air back towards to the stage (I do it too much)

Nice show, glad to see you are getting that ganon technical skill now I won't sit here and cry at you about you being boring ;)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not bad, I don't do that one often. I like to ledge hop run off then b air back towards to the stage (I do it too much)

Nice show, glad to see you are getting that ganon technical skill now I won't sit here and cry at you about you being boring ;)
Lol, well I figured I would need everything to make up an incredible Ganon which is why I'm working on it. The mindset of "I don't need wavedash to win is 08" lol.

Ian, I hit it because it's either I timed it right or I baited someone to do something. Remember down-B enables you to fadeback a few inches or squares, not sure what to call it, and then it'll make a move which was thrown at you whiff because of that fadeback... Even a grab. Though sometimes, it's just pure reactions or random. =P

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So, I registered for FC.. what was the plan exactly again? I can fly to chicago on saturday somewhere in the afternoon.

Edit: Also RLD Fair, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioh0kKNoESg&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s ;)
**** that, what about the RLD TO ****ING STOMP at 4:13! Lol that was great.

Also, yea, saturday should work. I get off work around 5 pm (could maybe do earlier) and pick you up from O'hare. Or you could take a cab? Whatever works lol.

I'm gonna message you on fb later today and we can discuss details, sound good?''

EDIT: god damn kage, I love watching you play that matchup.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage, so glad to see that you finally are accepting this "technical" aspect of Ganon. Although you've been working on it, you've always given some warrior answer saying something like "just crush them." Now you're saying "I need all the aspects Ganon is blessed with to win," which makes me happy since you've always had the best base model Ganon, but lacked accessories. Unlike myself, I have nothing but accessories, so now you're truly on your way making Ganon as good as he can be.

Also, Juggleguy did really good. Good stuff there.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if i wasn't driving from the east (buffalo) i'd go to the chi-town house for sure. but adding that distance to my road trip just isn't a reality.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
if i wasn't driving from the east (buffalo) i'd go to the chi-town house for sure. but adding that distance to my road trip just isn't a reality.
Totally understandable. If anything changes, we'd love to have you

Also, kage, loving the RLD use. Another thing you can do if they predict a dj fair after it (I use it too much so they typically do), you can RLD DJ waveland behind them and grab or ftilt. The second is badass and rewarding because it sets them up for an edgeguard from ganon (always a good thing). I remember doing the grab in tournament a couple months ago and my opponent was like wtf haha

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Roy, who all is coming to my house out of the chicago scene? I know you and sveet are. Im assuming more, but I haven't heard from anyone.

Also you gotta learn how to waveland from the ledge lol - watch kage vs juggleguy and you'll understand why

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Roy, who all is coming to my house out of the chicago scene? I know you and sveet are. Im assuming more, but I haven't heard from anyone.

Also you gotta learn how to waveland from the ledge lol - watch kage vs juggleguy and you'll understand why
Note: Just RLD is effective enough sometimes, because over committing to with an aerial can get you killed. One thing I'll try to do is RLD > re-grab the ledge and then ledge hop uair. It gives Ganon all the breathing room he needs.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Note: Just RLD is effective enough sometimes, because over committing to with an aerial can get you killed. One thing I'll try to do is RLD > re-grab the ledge and then ledge hop uair. It gives Ganon all the breathing room he needs.
Yea, RLD alone is pretty awesome too. I gotta say, I LOVE that trick you taught me about RLD, regrab, waveland pivot DJ fair. Really helps when you're getting predicted. Thanks man:grin:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Well I'm coming from nc, to buffalo, to south bend to nc. With those 40 hours of driving over that 2 week span, ill be tired of my car. With that being said, if id be able to transition smoothly from your place to ganon house, and back to my car at some simple point in time, I might consider it, trail. But at that point, ill be all about simplicity and smoothness.

Top Bottom