• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Who are you teaming with?

Aren't you the one who would have tips for that, after you and Chris destroyed NC with your double Ganon team?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
we didn't really go double ganon much cause i didn't trust it working as a team. i'm more comfortable teaming with a fox, so we tended to do that more. it's the team we used to take out lozr and yeroc. double ganon can probably work, but i personally didn't trust it enough to play it in tournament. ian and rockcrock can make things happen though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Double Ganon? Uhhh, make sure you successfully do a lot of combos inside chaotic situations, meaning if you or Rockcrock get a first hit, you HAVE to land a 2nd one successfully. If you can't do that, then the team will generally fail. And.. pretty much spam moves. lol. Use the flanking positions to your advantage.

mers

Smash Ace
If you do a grounded up-B and Fox shines you out of the air, you receive the knockback as if it were a grounded shine, and your position is counted as where you initiated the up-B. So you appear to teleport down to the ground, then slide along it normally.

I assume this glitch is known, right?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really? When you stomp Ganon as he is going up with the Up-B, he keeps going upwards even though you stomped him in the air. lol. Or it might be after you hugged them, I dont remember when exactly.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
This is my personal critique on Kage's recent matches with SFAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B48ZRlirw4

Kage next time try doing retreating up airs whenever you suspect he's gonna jump. If you do it right you can then up angled f-tilt fox to keep him from jumping AND if he engages at you head on you can jab him for free. But yeah, you gotta uair this fgt more. (No offense to SFAT he played amazing) lol and throw out f-tilts more, also a sick *** mixup is simply waling forward and throwing out jabs or tilts over and over, and next time walk up and grab them because you ftilt them too much.

:3 Btw, this isn't a critique of Kage's GENERAL skill in any manner, but I'm trying to add a different perspective to a certain situations he can capitalize on better or simply not get punished for. It's just honestly how I better mixups can be formed I think. But yeah, fox is mad gay. **** that character.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Spider_Sense, its funny you should say that about the walk > jab/grab mixup. I actually played cunning today (former best in the MW). I need to report the **** that ensued to the police lol he's too damn good. But I actually tried that mixup and it worked somewhat.

But yea, **** fox. If you miss an edge guard, hell turn it around and shine spike you. Even at zero. So broken.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok uairs to counter jump I know this... but.. you said jab/ftilts to counter certain moves which i also know but you said more Fitlts and then I do too many ftilts.. uhh... I'm confused lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have some critique for kage.

do exactly what you did......but better

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I have some critique for kage.

do exactly what you did......but better
Well I did take personal notes on that matchup as well. And that is the distance on what traps you should be using. For example, the max distance where Fox can Nair you.. at this distance you can back jump Fair/uair (Like SS said) or ftilt/jab to counter it.. though jab often trades since the priority of jab seems a little weak. And then if Fox has the ability to cross-up from a closer distance.. then you can use CC to jab/down-B, CC grab too. Because when you CC you will slide on the floor a little bit so you'll be able to do an attack since your stun is x2 as less as normal. Also I figured you can also force Fox to have weak spacing if he committed to an aerial, you can dash away pivot grab right as they land, it will work for sure if your timing is right. The reward can be freaking awesome if you land good grabs like this.

Also as a mix-up, you can side-B right as they land to fool their spacing as well, they will think their bair/nair will hit but then as soon as you side-B.. Ganon backs away in the beginning of the animation so the aerial will whiff and you will hit because they are still in L-cancel lag.. it's the same with down-B. Of course be careful if they bait you with double jumps or empty jump/ full jumps, if you see that coming, then you can chase them on platforms and uair that fox *****. lol. All that is already a very good layer for Ganon mindgames.

Umm.. Jab --> dash attack is a combo, I find it's pretty good since it's guaranteed. Jab --> ftilt and downtilt are also combos if timed right.. though the downtilt wont combo if they DI jab away.

It's VERY important to keep somewhat close distance with Fox so you don't want him to move that much and you have to try to shut him down by pressuring him close to the ledge if you can, you must control the center! And of course not too close because that's where Ganon is the weakest.

And try to take notes of their habit if they like to make you commit first, stay patient, if you have to hit their shield, hit it only once and prepare yourself to predict an attack that can come out out of shield. Once that's done you can predict a roll, WD, or a move.. though in these cases your reaction time needs to be really good and also that comes with experiences knowing what Fox can do. And it's generally only fast moves that will work in that position when Fox is in shield... Grab is kinda risky because if you fail then you are the one close to off-stage and you don't want that.. and it's also easy to predict for anyone since there's a big meat mountain slowly trying to grab him lol.

I guess that's what I have for now.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I'm really likeing back-air on shield to grab. They are always expecting b-air to jab so **** is mad free. Same in a lot of f-air instances. The best roll punish has to be when you are shield pressuring fox/falco at the ledge with your back to the center of the stage. Airial to jab and just wait for the roll behind you and stomp that ****. Everyone and their mother does it, watch any vid or pay attention in any friendly. Easiest ****ing roll punish in the game.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I always expect side-b after bair rather than jab, since that will cover back roll also

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm really likeing back-air on shield to grab. They are always expecting b-air to jab so **** is mad free. Same in a lot of f-air instances. The best roll punish has to be when you are shield pressuring fox/falco at the ledge with your back to the center of the stage. Airial to jab and just wait for the roll behind you and stomp that ****. Everyone and their mother does it, watch any vid or pay attention in any friendly. Easiest ****ing roll punish in the game.
Thats because its one thing they do not know about the match up, jab on shield is unsafe and can get counter attacked OOS from spacies. But I guess if they are already pressured it will work =P

I did forget about Bair huh? Though it's uses are pretty similar from what i've explained I think, it just covers different angles. Just another mix-up you can use.

Ripple, they won't be able to back roll if they are close to the ledge thats why baiting a roll inside in that position is pretty good usually. However, be mindful if they already know you are trying to bait that, you must mix it up with an aerial counter-attack. If you are successful with that, they are in big trouble. =P

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ok uairs to counter jump I know this... but.. you said jab/ftilts to counter certain moves which i also know but you said more Fitlts and then I do too many ftilts.. uhh... I'm confused lol.
lol I meant since you've conditioned them to always shield whenever you slowly approach because they always suspect a tilt is usually when you should grab. The up angled f-tilt works really well because it's stops Fox from jumping. Like right after you jab them you can toss out a up angled f-tilt out, then throw another one straight forward. lol. It's from all the Street Fighter I've been playing but the concepts still do apply. Cody = Ganondorf (Good frame traps/anti-airs) lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You guys are all wrong. Ganon is clearly Klingon. Saying anything else would be preposterous.

Also, my favorite matchup is Puff, so I think I'm weirder.

BIGDADDYGANON

Smash Cadet
I was in my first tourny in a few months yesterday and i was doin good and i was playing this marth. I was up two stocks cause basically he'd approach and i would just do wait ganon does best, dominate. Then he stopped approaching as much and all went down hill. Do i just try to bait him in with mind games and such...I think im just mad cause i know id win that match on the regular or playing falcon also is messing with my gdorf game.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I was in my first tourny in a few months yesterday and i was doin good and i was playing this marth. I was up two stocks cause basically he'd approach and i would just do wait ganon does best, dominate. Then he stopped approaching as much and all went down hill. Do i just try to bait him in with mind games and such...I think im just mad cause i know id win that match on the regular or playing falcon also is messing with my gdorf game.
I feel like a lot of ganon's game is bait and punish. He has huuuuuge hitbooxes (bair omg), so why not abuse them? wait til your opponent throws out a move and then beat it! this needs to be done with proper spacing tho otherwise its pointless. Im a huge hypocrite tho lol, I need to work on patience and analysis of situations. I have trouble focusing on how to limit options/keep up pressure and always just try to hit them. Which im sure is why trail always destroys me haha. Either way hope it helped

BIGDADDYGANON

Smash Cadet
I feel like a lot of ganon's game is bait and punish. He has huuuuuge hitbooxes (bair omg), so why not abuse them? wait til your opponent throws out a move and then beat it! this needs to be done with proper spacing tho otherwise its pointless. Im a huge hypocrite tho lol, I need to work on patience and analysis of situations. I have trouble focusing on how to limit options/keep up pressure and always just try to hit them. Which im sure is why trail always destroys me haha. Either way hope it helped

Gracis Pseudo Turtle:) I'll let you know.

Top Bottom