• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

VGmasta

Smash Lord
omg rock crock posted in the ganondorf boards.
Lol, Dennis will grace us with his presence once a year in the Ganon thread.

Hey did you guys know that Renth is simultaneously the most over-hyped and under-hyped Ganon player?
I knew it ;)

Hey Dennis, Jason Spidersense is beginning to edgeguard Doc just like you. :urg:
#Ganon is my 5th worst matchup in the game

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
shutup blake

also, idk if i'm going. I'm content to just sit around. My step dad's family is all over and were gonna have dinner together. Plus I'm watching the dreamhack stream and contemplating purchasing assassins creed revelations/bioshock

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think the only time i even consider looking at both/my opponent is in tournament. it's one of the things that keep me from getting better faster lol. i have to either be really salty, or remind myself before/during a match that i'm trying to get better in order to actually observe my opponent during friendlies.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I feel like in my time off I really lost a lot of my old good habits. I used to watch my opponent a lot and I had a lot of good game theories/strategies/mentalities. I'm definitely better than I was, idk how, but I still have a bunch of re-learning to do, too.

In the last month I have gone from watching myself entirely to watching only my opponent to focusing more on watching the stage. I feel like if I watch the opponent I pick up on specific tells, but if I watch the stage I learn more about their comfort zones and strategies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
When I first started playing I only watched my opponent. Then, when I was learning to wavedash/L-cancel, I had to watch my character, because I would try to WD, fail, and then my character wouldn't be where I expected him to be. Now that I don't have any trouble with those, I need to get back in the habit of only watching my opponent.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Ian I play a **** ton of tribes, add me, same name. Except I don't really understand how to talk to people in that game.
aw hell yeah! you go ahead and add me first since i can't really do it right now and i'll probably forget later :(

my tag is "Eikelmann"

good **** sveet. tribes 1 was tight.

also, today, i did something amazing. i got really angry and used it to focus more than i've ever done before. i sat down and played with one of the best players in florida for 4 hours straight. he's a kirby/g&w/fox player, and we had some of the most intense matches i've ever had. i went ganondorf.

i don't think i've ever played so well before. i definitely never wanted to win matches as badly as i did tonight, either. what a great day! :bee:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ive been saying to use your fury to break bad habits for whatever good reasons for a long time now. It's good you tapped in to that temporarily. =P

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
oh ****, it's the hardest to cg fox at exactly 80% before the next down throw if he DIs behind you. have only have about 2-3 frames of margin of error to dash right after the down-throw, and this is after you perfectly react to his DI.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys are complaining about a 3 frame window being tight?

and I thought ganondorf mains were cool

Top Bottom