• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
My capture card only does video too. I use a logitech USB mic for sound. It's cheap, but has a built in noise-filter, so it's good enough.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
virtual dub, before I used pinnacle studios 12

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, VirtualDub is really good. I'd use it, but the recordings are huge. It's not really good for an all day tournament, unless you have a huge amount of space free on your hard drive.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
good thing I have a terrabyte external then!

also a good thing is that you can just save the compressed file over the huge one, and in any other software you can't do that. so the most space that is taken up is before you save any file

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Blake come up this thursday. Eddie (yes, ****ing eddie!), Trail, Looshkin, and myself will be there, those are the four best ganons in the midwest (me only by default, but you get the picture).
Hey whats going on thursday anyways? I *may* be able to use my house after all

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Yeah god dammit Psuedo.

Speaking of Midwest. Forgive me for being a ******** Canadian, but why is it called the Mid West? From what I can see it's sort of in the middle/north-east of the country.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
He's basically the only one who can beat me with Marth because he's the one that trained me in that matchup lol. I do have pride in that matchup though I did beat him right after with Falcon. It's too hard to beat Bam and Vwins with Ganon, so I decided to have better alternates to deal with players like that. So far it's progressing good.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK can handle marth just fine. the learning curve is insane though

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
phish it definitely impressed me at zenith. he still has some tech skill things to work out, be it tourney nerves or lack of practice, but he's such a chill guy.

kage, i watched you vs vwins. looks like you have a similar problem as i do; you got down in a match and then abandoned the neutral position to approach. it only tends to compound the issue, and leads to matches that look worse and are much more mentally frustrating than they really should be. with your experience, i'm sure you know better than to do that, so bring it back when you attend something next.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think I was really frustrated, I just accepted the fact that I had to switch vs him. Well I was quite high at the tournament so maybe that led to me being more aggressive than I should be.. lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I want a $mm with kage. and then I want to smoke with kage, THEN I want another $mm with him

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
He's basically the only one who can beat me with Marth because he's the one that trained me in that matchup lol. I do have pride in that matchup though I did beat him right after with Falcon. It's too hard to beat Bam and Vwins with Ganon, so I decided to have better alternates to deal with players like that. So far it's progressing good.
Kage would you agree with me that Ganon should be lower on the tier list, but since know one knows how to play against him optimally, he's got the spot he is. Can you seriously not beat Bam and Vwins with Ganon? You are a top 20 player in the world (arguably top 10/15) and the are top 150 or so. Is it because they know Ganon so well or because they know you and your playstyle/habits so well?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
who do you think ganon as a character is worse than? samus? mario? luigi? his placement is fine.

it's just one tournament, and those guys are really good...they just don't seem to go outside their region anymore.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I want a $mm with kage. and then I want to smoke with kage, THEN I want another $mm with him
That sounds pretty interesting, we could do that. =)

lol don't we all ripple.

don't we all.

here's to hoping FC is properly legendary.
Well.. anyone can do that! I'm not supposed to be a person that has VIP attention or something like that. Anyone can play me you just have to ask. I just tend to find good players to play that's all.

who do you think ganon as a character is worse than? samus? mario? luigi? his placement is fine.

it's just one tournament, and those guys are really good...they just don't seem to go outside their region anymore.
I think Ganon is fine where he is.

Kage would you agree with me that Ganon should be lower on the tier list, but since know one knows how to play against him optimally, he's got the spot he is. Can you seriously not beat Bam and Vwins with Ganon? You are a top 20 player in the world (arguably top 10/15) and the are top 150 or so. Is it because they know Ganon so well or because they know you and your playstyle/habits so well?
They aren't top 150, they are similar skill level both of them.. and it's also because i have played with them for a lot of years that I guess they know me, I started way worse than them in the beginning. I haven't been able to beat them ever, lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think what he meant by that is they're way higher than top 150, not below top 150.

Top Bottom