• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Saw some of Kage on styc3 stream but it was mostly Falcon. I can tell you're not taking smash as seriously anymore. Didn't seem like any of the players were taking it seriously lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Saw some of Kage on styc3 stream but it was mostly Falcon. I can tell you're not taking smash as seriously anymore. Didn't seem like any of the players were taking it seriously lol.
I was taking the matches very seriously it's just that overall the time spent on smash is MUCH less than before, at least 2 months so far.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Really? From my perspective, it didn't seem like you were taking them seriously either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I have to use Falcon/Marth in locals now, I have said this before because Ganon will not work on Bam/Vwins. And also the shift in the metagame because you have no bans in best of 5s, I still need a good character on FD. You kinda have to learn multiple characters at this point to adapt to players.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I meant your Ganon didn't seem as serious as usual. You kind of looked like you were daydreaming and half-asleep throughout all the games, or something like that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Maybe I was just so high.. =) But I'm telling you I was doing all that I can! I REALLY wanted to beat my opponents with everything I have.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Oh, that would explain it. I think. I've never been in that condition, and don't have any plans to, so I'll take your word for it.

It would explain why you didn't seem as serious as usual, though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You mean you're only just seeing that?

The Falco CG is pretty good, but a tough one, because you have to be fast, and <60% it's pretty much all reads, you can't do it on reaction.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
it's easy past 60, but i can't do it from 0-50 lol, too hard.

is this new to you?

also, speaking of multiple characters, my secondaries are a tie between DK, falcon, bowser, and fox. they're all at the same level, save for bowser, imo.

oh and this version is better imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1AUfCgqpmY&feature=fvwrel

the song slowed down sounds like something you'd hear in a RARE platformer lol (like dk64, banjo kazooie, etc)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think more ganons need to learn the chaingrab on spacies. It is not quite as difficult as many make it seem. I think it is about as difficult as learning sheik's tech chase on spacies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It's not difficult to do at all. It's something every Ganon should know how to do, because it helps a lot in what is otherwise a very difficult matchup.

Well, all of Ganon's matchups are very difficult. That's the price we pay for playing Ganon.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Are you kidding me? If you can perform the chaingrab, it is infinitely more effective than any other punish from the grab. The chaingrab is inescapable and goes long into KO percent

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No, i don't think so. People who choose to play ganondorf tend to care more about honor or w/e than simply winning. Plus most ganon players simply brush it off as impossible or w/e.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sveet is right. but i think from 0-50 its not something really reactable in deciding to grab forward or behind; it's a read. even so, it is a much better punish than the usual dthrow jab -> techchase, or whatever other punishes people like to do. i do like what linguini tended to do with one regrab and then a dthrow jab to mess with people's tech timing. it would almost guarantee the missed tech after the jab for a follow fair (or as i like to do, wavedash down angled ftilt)

CG's on spacies are cool, viable, and useful. they're not easy, especially the whole "getting a grab" part, but i bet after the first 50-100 cg ending in fsmash, they'll have something to think about.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The only good Ganon player who's currently playing is Kage (Unless I'm wrong about who else is currently playing). I don't think chain grabbing is part of Kage's Warrior code. And even if it is, does he have that tech skill?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
To say its not viable is a cop out. Even if it is, don't refute it as an option.
I started doing it...
And pretty sure the warrior code is crush your enemies. Why would chaingrabbing not be legit if it too crushes enemies?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
A lot of the reason Ganon players don't do it is because Ganon has good followups from grabs so sometimes you don't need it. Not saying that's justification, but yeah... Let's see someone cg spacies in tournament and succeed.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well yeah, dthrow jab fair is kind of a stable as far as things to do out of a grab, and it's certainly served it's purpose but...it's 2012.

it's about that time.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, it definitely feels more viable all around on falco. feels easier to grab and chaingrab. but with that being said, it feels more necessary against fox cause when we do get a hold of him, it feels like we need to do whatever within our power to end him...cause he's kinda hard to fight lol.

Top Bottom