• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Well actually Link's Awakening is not pretty clear. Link crashed his ship and reached the island unconscious, so it could be assumed that it was all a hallucination or dream, but the problem is that the Wind Fish is flying in the opening movie while Link is unconscious so derp it's not clear

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Link was unconscious and about to die, the Wind Fish (who was flying overhead) saw him and gave him the dream in order to wake him up.

On the subject of Majora's Mask, that's the one Zelda game I've really wanted to play. Maybe I'll get around to it this summer. I do have some video game programming stuff lined up, though, so I don't know how much time I'll have.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Raph what kind of video game progs are you thinking of doing? I would love to dip my hands in a game project if you wouldn't mind having me

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've played the original, Zelda II, Link to the Past, both Oracles, Link's Awakening, 4 swords, OoT (up until Ganon's castle), Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword. There might have been more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Also Sveet, I'm probably going to be doing stuff for my university. Sorry. However, I have a game I'm working on at the moment. While it's mostly done, I'd be happy to let you test it once I get it to an Alpha state. That should be sometime in the next few weeks.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Damn now that you say that Raph, I need to get up to speed in Unity development. Even though it's a piss easy language it takes long hours just to make a barrel go boom.

As for Zelda, damn I've wasted far too many hours in Zelda lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
Not all of us Ganons stand in support of stuff like that ganon and pony. Besides, it wouldn't make sense that Ganon is g@y since he's the only male in a tribe of nothing but women.

He's a mac daddy.
most queers hang out in groups of a lot of women.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
DS is meh, 3DS is even more meh, so I think I'll just play those in a pc emulator, i'm not up to bying a ds and an r4.

Also, Ganon is tired of Gerudo women, so he just went to Hyrule to find himself some more women, and in the meanwhile rule the world

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
3DSes are cool. I've had mine since launch. It's had a lot of great ports, like Tales of the Abyss, OoT, and Star Fox. It's also had a lot of great new games like... Let me get back to you on that one.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
3DSes are cool. I've had mine since launch. It's had a lot of great ports, like Tales of the Abyss, OoT, and Star Fox. It's also had a lot of great new games like... Let me get back to you on that one.
I'll take that up, I know the 3DS is pretty good, but the problem is lack of new games, less Gyro gimmick function, and high price point (170$ is still too much for me to buy). So I'll wait a while first.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
No interest in the 3ds... I bought a DS back in the day or got it for xmas i can't remember. I think my main motivation was nostalgia of the GBC and GBA. Played it for a bit, bought pokemon and played that. Then got a r4 and played a bunch of stuff but eventually got bored. Now adays i just emulate cause **** nintendo

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
It seems like most people's opinion of Skyward Sword depends mostly on the controls. I like them a lot, although they're not perfect of course. I also find this to be one of my favorite Zelda games. Damn, I need to get the disc reader on my Wii fixed so I can finish it >_<

Majora's Mask is my favorite though. Although that may be because I haven't played A Link to the Past yet.

Also, programing = win. Count me in for that alpha testing Raphael!

:phone:

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
**** the wii drive lol, I just bought an HDD and adapter cable and modded the wii to hell.

Also I have another gripe with SS, the overly simplistic dungeons. God the next time a Zelda has a sign on the entrance of the room that tells me how to solve the puzzled I'll...

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Well softmodding a wii is pretty complicated if you have the last model released (you know tha garbage wii that can't even run GC games?) because of differences in software and hardware.

Now, I've been wondering, which one of Ganon's moves do you gys consider the most broken. My favorite is the Jab

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Well i didn't mean like jiggly bair broken. Now if you go look a dairs hitbox, or bairs priority, or jabs quickness strength and priority you know Ganon has real good moves, but still broken is a bad term I guess.

Also now that I think about it.... Ganon has a good arsenal because uair and bair and fair and dair and jab and dtilt and ftilt and dsmash and fsmash and usmash and oh god

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha, im gonna have to admit that the tipman spike is so ridiculously broken. Whatever tho, he kinda blows as a character anyway so its the only thing that he really has that is broken. Like, it isnt fox waveshining broken:glare:

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, damn I still can't get over Falco. Can somebody explain to me just how the hell other than powershielding can I beat him?

Moreso by saying, other ways I can approach?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Now, im not very good yet, but I played my buddy ripple yesterday (many of you have probably heard of him), who used to be a falco main AND a ganon main. And here's what I got out of it.

jab. jab a lot. Make him approach and jab him in the mouth.

Jumping over his lasers can sometimes (rarely) lead to an easy dair or fair.

Grab him and tech chase. Read ACE's tech chasing thread if you have problems tech chasing-- its really, really good especially with magus's gifs.

Also, ripple told me side-b is pretty good since it gets around his lasers.

Check this out as well: slightly outdated, but still pretty useful
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2611811&postcount=1

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falco tends to be able to just laser laser laser until you shield and then approach and ****. You have two choices: maneuver around them and hit falco or shield and beat his approach. For the first one, powershielding helps. So does platform dashing and double jump tricks. For the second choice, its a bit more rock-paper-scissors but can be simplier to set up. If he does laser->sh nair/dair approach you can jump oos with a bair and trade (which favors you). If he does a laser->laser approach you can aim for his head (eg. fullhop dair) since thats where falco is weakest when he lasers. Basically, I just move around and look for trades, since they drastically favor ganon

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
gerudo dragon is good for apporaching him, and actually I have no problem with Falco other than in FD, I also have no problem tech chasing specially against spacies since spacie people are for some strange reason an open book for me, so easy to read lol, the problem for me is getting in close to the falco but I just realized it's better for me to just learn to PS, jump, and gerudo the lasers, otherwise just get him to apporach with nair and up-b him in my back or try to read him if he fsmashes since I learned the hard way Shield grab doesn't work at all

Divinokage

Smash Legend
sad but true, renth.

i miss the days when i was new.

i wish it was like the days before i got here...
The fire isn't good enough, I remember those times when I said I was best Ganon in Canada and slowly but surely everyone was smack talking me, good times. lol. Pretty much, all you have to do is to make everyone look out for you.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
The fire isn't good enough, I remember those times when I said I was best Ganon in Canada and slowly but surely everyone was smack talking me, good times. lol. Pretty much, all you have to do is to make everyone look out for you.
Kage, you definitely have come a long way with Ganon. I remember when the big ganon names in '07 all smack talked you and called you overrated. I was young and dumb at the game and went along with them because I didn't know any better lol.

Good times indeed. But, now you finally have your respect.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey i was relatively young too trying to find my own way. Ya it wasn't all pleasant, like insulting people without understanding the consequences for example. I used to think I could say anything and get away with it but I learned pretty fast to calm down since I realized everyone here is still real people. =P I think all that started in 08 probably when I won that WC tournament and thinking I didn't need WD or called that overrated, though that is kinda the root of my style. (Just beating someone straight up without resorting to trickery) I thought I could beat anyone this way but eventually I learned that you really need to know everything to win.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This thread is not like it use to be.
Seriously bro, I'm about to become a smash hermit like you lmao. I would be giving out advice like I normally do, which would keep this **** more Ganon related but I have no internet and hate tipping long posts on my phone.

typing, not tipping. Although that was very tipman'esque lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
On another note, **** this site. I was the best damn mod the Ganon boards could have had and they demodded me for infracting 1 person outside the G boards. I infracted 2 people in the 8 months I was a mod. They act like I went on a rampage rofl. Fu<kers

Top Bottom