• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Of course no offense meant lol, he was a legendary player. But he's been retired for how many years, so he's covered in rust, while kage has only been getting better and evolving with the metagame. It's pretty obvious what the outcome will be really haha. Damn i might MM him just to say i did (and get 4 stocked in the process)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Eddie invented ganondorf. The money match would be like the scene in full metal alchemist where the master homunculus dude turns off alchemy; Kage's ganon would suddenly stop being ganon and become entirely useless.

Also I played a little ganon last night. Slippery ****er is so fun

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ganon-related question: How to fight luigi. I got a buddy who has a damn fine luigi and he consistently beats me with it. i've been adapting decently (seeing as I have previously had absolutely no luigi experience), and I find that I play best vs. luigi when I try to waveland near as much as he does. Is this your typical anti-luigi fighting style?

My go-to moves in the matchup is wavland jab/grab or retreating fair to jab. Any further advice on fighting luigi? Thanks guys.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ganon-related question: How to fight luigi. I got a buddy who has a damn fine luigi and he consistently beats me with it. i've been adapting decently (seeing as I have previously had absolutely no luigi experience), and I find that I play best vs. luigi when I try to waveland near as much as he does. Is this your typical anti-luigi fighting style?

My go-to moves in the matchup is wavland jab/grab or retreating fair to jab. Any further advice on fighting luigi? Thanks guys.
Be tricky with the spacing of your aerials and be patient. Low ftilt is great after aerials. You must be flawless when he's offstage, that's when he's most vulnerable. Check my edgeguarding thread.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Be tricky with the spacing of your aerials and be patient. Low ftilt is great after aerials. You must be flawless when he's offstage, that's when he's most vulnerable. Check my edgeguarding thread.
I suffer in patience, I'm way too aggressive. And yea I read your edge guarding thread, it's pretty nice. Very helpful against marth. I like using that stupid method of linguini's against luigi lol, they hate that trick and it works like a charm.

One thing you said though about d-ftilts after arials. I typically jab and it seems to work pretty well. Maybe switching it up would be good, or d-ftilt all the way?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I suffer in patience, I'm way too aggressive. And yea I read your edge guarding thread, it's pretty nice. Very helpful against marth. I like using that stupid method of linguini's against luigi lol, they hate that trick and it works like a charm.

One thing you said though about d-ftilts after arials. I typically jab and it seems to work pretty well. Maybe switching it up would be good, or d-ftilt all the way?
Low angled ftilt. Often better than jab vs his wd approaches.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've always wanted to play against a Luigi. My Luigi is terrible, though. I just wavedash a lot and try to hit them with my taunt.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks, ace. And lmao raph, im sure your luigi is BOSS.

Also, sort of an unrelated question, but I'm curious to see some of Tipman's old stuff just for the hell of it. All I can find on youtube are a couple of matches of him vs. maverick and a ditto with him and raffa (that one's pretty good). And then of course the stuff from his short comeback.

Are there any other sites that host old school tipman vids?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Most of them are gone as far as I know. Matches that old are kinda lolllll but tipman Eddie and bushman where all pioneers and creative in their own way.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Eddie invented ganondorf. The money match would be like the scene in full metal alchemist where the master homunculus dude turns off alchemy; Kage's ganon would suddenly stop being ganon and become entirely useless.

Also I played a little ganon last night. Slippery ****er is so fun
How does that work? lol. That means I pretty much have to stop being myself...

or

Especially after I've fought Gods, what's a little alchemist going to do? lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Me and Rockcrock will hold down Brown ganon.

Doubt any 2 Ganon's in combination could handle me and Rockcrock teaming. EVER.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Actually I think raphael and I could take ALL of you. =)
Definitely. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, I'll give you some advice about your videos. I'd upload mine, but do people really want to watch me 3stocking my friends with Pichu? I really wish they'd try to get better.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TPG7fmy_QQ&feature=youtu.be
match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-fsSt4VQY&feature=youtu.be
^ if you're going to watch any of them, watch this one. After my first stock, I feel like I was playing at my best.
match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9D7kIh_ToA&feature=youtu.be

A general critique of my playing would be most helpful from all of you.
Here's some things I KNOW I need to work on:
1) I know I suck at l-cancelling
2) I can't tech for ****
3) My speed sucks
4) I'm way too aggressive
5) I miss a ton of wavelands
6) my tech skill is kinda shaky in general
7) my DI is so ridiculously bad, I don't even know how I can even take stocks off of anyone.

Anything else from you guys would REALLY help my game. Please, help me put an end to falcon once and for all!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll watch all of them tomorrow.

Also, spend time time practicing on Fox. Hold the controller Javi style. You'll be amazed at what it does for your technical skill.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Alright then, here goes:
Which way to di out of falcon combos?
which way to di to stop getting juggled by marth?
Di away from falco combos?

Actually, i really dont understand **** about di lol, is there any instance in which quarter circle di is used besides when wallteching to bair?

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Alright then, here goes:
Which way to di out of falcon combos?
which way to di to stop getting juggled by marth?
Di away from falco combos?

Actually, i really dont understand **** about di lol, is there any instance in which quarter circle di is used besides when wallteching to bair?

:phone:
DI down and away from Falcon combos. Idk, my friend here says I do something special because he can't falcon combo me like most ganons get comboed, but I'm not sure what that "special DI" is.

smash DI away from marth's FAirs to get out of the combo. If you're over the ledge at a decent percent, just don't DI in and you'll probably be out of his DAir range. Also keep in mind DI'ing away at 130 over the ledge will put you either dead, or get you easily edgeguarded so keep in mind.

Falco, SDI away from the shine. SDI away from the drill and shine will miss.

I tech pretty well, tech BAir as well and I never use quarter circle DI for it. I don't use it for anything to be honest.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks g. vice, that was very helpful. Also, I'm assuming you should DI away from marth's utilit as well?

And about the walltech to bair thing, I just can't seem to do it. I always tech way too far away from the stage for the bair to hit. Usually, I just wall jump to immediate up-b to grab them and guarantee a safe return.

By the way, did anyone watch my videos and have any critique?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
For Marth u-tilt you have to DI behind him if that's what you meant, other wise you will go straight up. When Falcon does running sh nair DI down and towards him and you won't get hit by the second. Or cc it. As for your video I watched like 1 minute of 1 of them and all I gotta say is start thinking consciously when you play. I can't 100% tell if you are or not but you're probably too focused on not missing l-cancels wavelands and techs. Think about things like spacing, move choice, and opponent habits. You've got to get into the habit of thinking while you play. Try to think of every option he could do. Also use more moves.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thanks man, you totally nailed it. All I do when I play is mainly focus on not screwing up my tech skill and whatnot, I rarely actually consider the options, use any mindgames, etc.

The thing you said about throwing out more moves tho: does that relate to my speed?

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I'm Joe's buddy :p

Joe, I'd like to keep working on my Dair techchases for just a little bit longer so I can get the timing down, since I seem to be able to predict you decently well but always seem to throw the Dair out too quickly. After that I'll get back to mixing in regrabs, knees, juggles, etc.

Anyway, one thing you were doing a *lot* this weekend was teching away after D-throws. Admittedly I didn't punish you anywhere near as cruelly as I should have, but again, that's why I need to work on the timing for my Dairs. Had I been mixing in some regrabs and whatnot as I usually do and not focusing on trying to do Dairs, a lot of those techs could have ended really badly for you. Just keep that in mind and switch it up a little ;)

Also, be aware of my dashdance game. Falcon can go pretty far with his initial dash and still be able to dashdance the other way, and of course he can use shorter dashdances as well. Try to note the constantly varying dashdance distances because if I'm doing some longer ones and you move in, I can shorten my dashdance distance, avoid your attack, and still be dashdancing throughout. I don't remember any glaringly obvious examples of this in the videos you've put up so far but I know there were at least a few examples that must have gotten recorded during our session. Send me the files and I'll point out exactly what I mean, although you can probably tell what I'm talking about.

As for your video I watched like 1 minute of 1 of them and all I gotta say is start thinking consciously when you play. I can't 100% tell if you are or not but you're probably too focused on not missing l-cancels wavelands and techs. Think about things like spacing, move choice, and opponent habits. You've got to get into the habit of thinking while you play. Try to think of every option he could do. Also use more moves.
This. Although we usually mess around at least a little bit in our friendlies, definitely this. And by "use more moves" (not "throw out more moves", by the way,) I think he just means to always remember your entire moveset and remember ALL of your options with EVERY move, not just all of your options with Fair and Uair. And that wasn't meant to seem condescending even though it kind of seems like it when you read it. I know you don't just Fair and Uair :p

Top Bottom