• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
They meat ride their favorites and the important mods don't know me so they give me am insane penalty for the most bogus bending of rules (every infraction I gave out was justified, even to the admins). I want to say that over the past 4 years I have been the most dedicated Ganon main here as far as giving newcomers a huge head start to becoming a high level player, advice-wise. But they don't give a fu<k about that loool.

Ps I'm drunk. Yeah smash boards. BEER

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
To be completely honest, I wish these G boards would be more active, I like discussing and giving tips and getting tips, problem is, in fact, not many people come to the boards anymore and there are no noobs to teach now (in my opinion at least). Everyone that is currently posting here has an average to better Ganon so in the end there are no huge amounts of teaching to do :(

Also I agree with you ACE

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
They meat ride their favorites and the important mods don't know me so they give me am insane penalty for the most bogus bending of rules (every infraction I gave out was justified, even to the admins). I want to say that over the past 4 years I have been the most dedicated Ganon main here as far as giving newcomers a huge head start to becoming a high level player, advice-wise. But they don't give a fu<k about that loool.

Ps I'm drunk. Yeah smash boards. BEER
Not trying to cockride or anything lol, but you've probably given me the most / best advice since joining the ganon boards. They're insane.

Also, i gotta say, I'm liking the drunk smashboards ranting:awesome:
About to play some drunk smash later tonight, wooo!

EDIT: also, Jeyfar, not everybody here has an average to better ganon lol, im probably the worst ganon ever to grace smashboards! At the moment, all I have is some fancy tech-skill that I either can't use for the life of me when it counts (i **** up trivial things such as wavelands and l-cancels excessively in battle) or just looks fancy, but doesn't get me anywhere OR actually puts me in a vunlerable position. Meh, so frustrating. Any advice would be much much much appreciated.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure my Ganon isn't average to better either. I mean, I've only been playing for five months, so I can't be that good. I'm probably better than Turtle, though, given that I don't mess up wavelands and l-cancels much anymore. At the moment, I can pull those of flawlessly when I'm having conversations and not paying much attention to the game.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
That's the thing, tho raph. Do you actually play with anyone? Because I feel like I'm as technical as Thomas Tipman when I'm alone lol. Like, that vid I made of the RLD? I got all of those (except maybe a couple) in one take. It's when the pressure's on that I have to worry about not ****ing up wavelands and such, and then my gameplay goes to sh*t. Then, when I focus on my gameplay, my tech skill goes to ****. Very aggravating. All I can think of is MOAR PRACTICE!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I play noobs at school during lunch in the Calculus classroom. They make me confident, and give me time to practice tech skill. If I can have flawless tech skill while solving Calculus problems in my head, I'm pretty sure I can have good tech skill in tournament. I've also been working on reads and bluffing attacks, and general mindgame stuff,, so I'm progressing into all that now.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Thats awesome dude! man, i wish i couldve played smash in the calc classroom. I took two years of calc in high school and didnt even give smash a single thought back then (where were my priorities?).

Im just now starting the bait attacks, read, and develop very, very simplistic mindgames. The most fancy thing i can do atm is pretend like im gonna fair someone in shield, waveland back and then fair then when they try to grab or something. Awww yeaaaa, taking it back to the 2004 metagame!!!

:phone:

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
What i mean by average is regular knowledge of the Ganon metagame and knowledge of how to do and implement advanced techniques. I am pretty sure you guys know that stuff, so that's what I meant by average.

On another note, never consider yourself the worst or best, because there's always some better/worse at that :p

spider_sense

Smash Champion
That's the thing, tho raph. Do you actually play with anyone? Because I feel like I'm as technical as Thomas Tipman when I'm alone lol. Like, that vid I made of the RLD? I got all of those (except maybe a couple) in one take. It's when the pressure's on that I have to worry about not f*cking up wavelands and such, and then my gameplay goes to sh*t. Then, when I focus on my gameplay, my tech skill goes to sh*t. Very aggravating. All I can think of is MOAR PRACTICE!
Pseudo, I think we should really meet sometime. I played Tipman very recently, and I'd like to show some new things to you.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Llol Renth this video is old as ****, still, it was fun watching it and I do approve the nair, actually it's not bad to use against fast characters and fast fallers

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Pseudo, I think we should really meet sometime. I played Tipman very recently, and I'd like to show some new things to you.
Dude, I would love to meet up with you. You coming to FC? Idk how often you check the boards, but I've basically offered any ganon main here a place to stay lol. I live about 10 mins from Ohare airport in chicago and its less than a 2 hr drive to the venue (where we would probably get a hotel).

And btw, I tried that RLD to ledge dash, pivot DJ waveland fair trick. Very tricky, but cool looking. I can get it fast, but I'm not sure it's frame perfect yet. I also added in a DJ fair/uair/dair just for the hell of it at the end. Have yet to use it on anybody.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As nair doesn't have that much knockback if it's DIed inside or even no DI, you can use it to put someone on a platform and you know how we love platforms right? =P That's one of my new secret tactics to techchase 100%.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage is THAT why you've been using it? Thats ****ing brilliant haha, i had no idea. A guaranteed tech chase is always in a ganons favor, for sure. Typically tech chasing on platforms consists of a dsmash because it covers every option, yes?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage is THAT why you've been using it? Thats ****ing brilliant haha, i had no idea. A guaranteed tech chase is always in a ganons favor, for sure. Typically tech chasing on platforms consists of a dsmash because it covers every option, yes?
Well in the case they don't land on the platform, nair will juggle them anyway at mid % so you can just follow up with possibly another aerial.. Also remember that you can use reverse nair too if the trajectory is favorable to put them on a platform that way. Like that, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p_L1Eg_QnIs#t=88s

For Dsmash on platform, i'd use it only at low percent to continue massive platform combos with Dair, side-B as a follow-up.. and then possibly another move after that. And also it should be used only if you are able to land on the platform before your opponent lands on it while they are still in stun because then you'll be able to time a dsmash a lot easier. If you try to land on the platform when they can input an action then that's kinda risky and that will give you bad positioning if you miss.

If they are at higher percent then just techchase with uair or fair to send them off-stage because that's good too. =P

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
You can use d-smash. But you have to watch out for getup attack. Also it won't cover all of some platforms, I think. You can generally stand under the platform and react to their tech with a fair or bair as well. I love down-b to techchase on platforms. Also, if you standing under it, there is a good chance that they will do neutral get up > spotdoge. If you read this you can either dj dair or fullhop waveland in place and grab.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Aside from using nair's low kb to put people on platforms, I don't see why people go for nair out of dthrow. Uair hits sooner (less time for them to di) and deals more damage, so if they di away you get more benefit. If they DI in, you get another uair (more damage than both hits of nair landing) or maybe even a fair. I feel like most players that di both hits of the nair in are probably going to lose anyway lol.

Edit: I rant about the mods last night and lost my ability to have a custom title under my username. Coincidence? I think not. Lol children

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I mean if you already force them to be close to off-stage then DIing away is not good vs Ganon from that point because then you can get some free hits. Or you can maybe mix-up some reverse hits too?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
mark is kind of right. no one really gave much look at nair up until just recently. not sure what you guys are talking about.

after having played with mark recently though, i'm confident he doesn't ever lose skill. y'all should go to fc and get wrecked by his "2008" **** lol

Renth

Smash Hero
mark is kind of right. no one really gave much look at nair up until just recently. not sure what you guys are talking about.

after having played with mark recently though, i'm confident he doesn't ever lose skill. y'all should go to fc and get wrecked by his "2008" **** lol
I don't need defended, It's not their fault I've been inactivate for so long nobody knows who or what a Renth is anymore outside of you guys. I just want to stir up some fun for FC.

I got back into the game trying to be active I'll keep my posts to myself and let my play speak for me then.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I don't need defended, It's not their fault I've been inactivate for so long nobody knows who or what a Renth is anymore outside of you guys. I just want to stir up some fun for FC.

I got back into the game trying to be active I'll keep my posts to myself and let my play speak for me then.
I actually might get to go to FC. So it'll be fun to finally get to play you.

Ian, I understand you defending Mark. Actually, I know both of you guys pretty well outside of melee, Mark especially.

I hold no ill will, but I have been NAir comboing since 09-10, Devour 2 is pretty much proof since I do it consistently. Let's all try to play at FC, should be a kick :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I mean if you already force them to be close to off-stage then DIing away is not good vs Ganon from that point because then you can get some free hits. Or you can maybe mix-up some reverse hits too?
If you've forced them near the edge, chances are you put some damage on them and survival di is actually safe (depending on character/how much damage). Linking reverse hits in combo is situational. You can land a late first hit of the nair (reverse) l-cancel turn around short hop fair or something, but super situational. I dunno, I think nair's best use is for platform placement do to it's unique kb.

pingding

Smash Apprentice
for some reason in matches with my friends(they play shiek and yoshi) i can hold my game against both of them and i just recently started playing ganon. from reading this i know ganon`s fair and bair are going to be my appoaching/ walling moves am i correct?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Truth is, it takes a high level player to actually know how to play as and against Ganon.

Unfortunately for me, I know what to do but don't practice enough lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Just got back from a tourney.

I got 1st in teams with IHSB, and I got third in singles losing in Winner's finals to Nite in a close 3-2 set, and got creamed by Iori in loser's finals lol.

Top Bottom