• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I make videos about people saying I'll Kentucky Fry their characters. How's that for a new tech?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well yeah, it's sorta like wavelanding facing away from the stage but turning on the frame you fall off the stage, so you still grab the edge.

if you turn the frame you fall off things, then you'll face the other way. it's really hard to do this with a waveland though, because wavelanding with enough momentum to get off the stage combined with the precision to be turning on the frame that you fall off, without just running back in the other direction, makes for quite a challenge. as you saw though, it's doable lol.

pc's just use the momentum from a walk. which is kinda hard to do with ganon anyway, because his walk doesn't really carry momentum very well.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Not new, but cool. Even cooler when its an ec and not just a waveland.. although it wasnt applicable for use there. been doing both for years

Your avatar is awesome..hope they roll the tigers

:phone:
Roll Tide.

I'm gonna be spending a chunk of xmas break working on this jazz

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Roll Tide.

I'm gonna be spending a chunk of xmas break working on this jazz
just figured I'd throw this out there...

the one simple little maneuver that i always practiced to get the hang of it was running up to a platform, then edge canceling the front edge with a retreating fair, to pivot fair. I do this the same way I'd do something like that waveland pivot fair that chad did, pressing Z 3 times, pivoting on the 2nd Z. (Z(fair) + Z(l-cancel) / pivot + Z(fair)) . With the right EC you don't have to l-cancel ofc, but associating the pivot with that 2nd Z just helps me tenfold with the timing, I guess. Not saying that anyone should use Z necessarily, but it works well for me and that's how I think about it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Roll Tide.
LSU vs Alabama will be entertaining. I have my money on Bama. If you watched their last game, Bama outplayed them the whole game, just missed too many FGs and threw a pick on the 1 yd line.

Also, Comrade are you on Tuscaloosa campus? I came through there about 2 years ago when I was dating a chick from University of Alabama and met up with a guy named "Anomaly." Do you know the guy?

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
just figured I'd throw this out there...

the one simple little maneuver that i always practiced to get the hang of it was running up to a platform, then edge canceling the front edge with a retreating fair, to pivot fair. I do this the same way I'd do something like that waveland pivot fair that chad did, pressing Z 3 times, pivoting on the 2nd Z. (Z(fair) + Z(l-cancel) / pivot + Z(fair)) . With the right EC you don't have to l-cancel ofc, but associating the pivot with that 2nd Z just helps me tenfold with the timing, I guess. Not saying that anyone should use Z necessarily, but it works well for me and that's how I think about it.
This blew my mind. I must do this.

LSU vs Alabama will be entertaining. I have my money on Bama. If you watched their last game, Bama outplayed them the whole game, just missed too many FGs and threw a pick on the 1 yd line.

Also, Comrade are you on Tuscaloosa campus? I came through there about 2 years ago when I was dating a chick from University of Alabama and met up with a guy named "Anomaly." Do you know the guy?
Yeah, I'm the dude that's always wearing a black bama hat and plays ganon under the Tide tag. I don't know Anomaly, but if you knew the name I might know him.

Oh wait. I read "2 weeks ago." Ummm.... Haha, I'm only a sophomore, so noooo...

Also, yes, Roll Tide!

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Obviously this is a MOST LIKELY NOT, but if I'm off I'm going and I will MM anyone from ICG to mango. I am supposed to get laid off in 3-4 weeks, supposedly. If it's 3 and not 4 I'm in there

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage, what's your avatar? I feel like I know what it is, but I can't quite work it out. It reminds me of BlackWarGreymon, though.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm actually possibly going to be going to Apex. I've never been to anything bigger than a 30 man tourney, so it'll be a new experience for me.

I hope to get to be able to play all of you guys that will be going!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You should already know KK is the only canadian cool enough to have digimon avatars
The only Digimon avatar I've seen KK use is Kazemon. Nothing from season 4 is anywhere near the word cool. On the other hand, let's say he was using Beelzemon, preferably Blast Mode. Then he would be cool.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
So guys, about edge guarding Fox. Lets say he is directly along the wall at dreamland doing his up b. I can do the tipman like 3 times but eventually I will trade and he will recover. If he's at low % it won't knock him far enough. Dair is kind of a joke, whenever I use it they just meteor cancel and then firefox and I get hit by it. So what is the best way to do it? What are the uses and applications of bair? What are it's strengths and weaknesses against firefox. Another thing I might try is dairing them while sitting on the ledge and timing it so that I land and l-cancel immediately after I hit them. I'm honestly thinking about using down-b whenever i can because it works. Thoughts and opinions?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Assuming I'm understanding what you said correctly, I'd use a Fair. I'd think it would be a guaranteed KO, and I could get back to stage. If it didn't KO, they'd be far enough out that you could Fair them again, and the added percent from the first Fair would allow you to KO them. I don't think you can reverse Fair a firefox, though. I can definitely see the advantages of a downB, especially because it feels awesome when you hit with it.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Sounds like you're hitting them with the wrong part of the reverse uair hitbox('tipman')... The last part of the hitbox spaced just right works very well..

anyway, things I would go for..

if there's an opportunity for a drop zone dair, drop zone fair, WL drop bair, SH fair, SH dair, SH bair, tipman spike, or wizard's foot spike...... then i'm taking it. It's a situational decision involving the most effective option v. the most guaranteed option.. by guaranteed I mean the move with the least risk that could lead to him being edgeguarded. And effective meaning, the option that will put him in the most dangerous position(takes the stock, nice hit, good hit to assist a more viable edgeguard option, etc.).

The wizard's foot spike is the most effective with your gripes tbqh, because it's the untechable purple boot.. yet it has the most risk. going by the process I mentioned in general, you gotta be confident with it to use it. random: it's easier for me to hit the reverse WF spike and go down into the stage sometimes. Opponents don't really see it coming when you jump off-stage backwards for that also so you'll prob. see a more predictable firefox.

Sorry if this seems like really obvious man, but it sounds like a spacing issue to me, maybe you're not as comfortable off the ledge with your spacing with fastfalling and stuff, beats me.

Top Bottom