• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Linguini

Smash Master
good shiet @ beating hax kage. i usually go even with him but i have to be so careful not to get grabbed too much because that=death vs him. i was watching on the stream and some of his combo's almost made me vomit lol

yay is tha homie....south REPRESENT

tipped off is like next week! gonna murk some *****s, great practice for apex

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah, that was me! LOL chris. My ganon is sooo bad, but we should definitely play man. I love fighting Ganons!

Kage! I didn't play your Ganon!!!! APEX!!

5$ MM vs Falcon again kage. -------^

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Spider sense try to get them recorded, I've really been wanting to see recent vids of your ganon. It's so fast and technical. If Kage had your techskill he would be placing higher imo.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
You think it would be enough to beat M2k/Mango and the likes? Don't be ridiculous now lol. It's much more than just tech skills I need.
Honestly your tech skill is fine. You have the basic technical skill down; (wavelanding, ledgedash, controlled dash dancing, pivot jab ect) to be successful with Ganondorf. I think you should utilize some of his gimmicks more; you'll just find yourself opened to more options that can be explored....just MM already! >:o

CK Momentum - Totally down man.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
You think it would be enough to beat M2k/Mango and the likes? Don't be ridiculous now lol. It's much more than just tech skills I need.
I'm pretty sure that's a rhetorical question but yeah... you obviously don't need my opinion. See I agree with SS, you techskill is absolutely fine, but what if it was like, amazing. You're pretty close to their level, after seeing your results at RoM4. I want to watch those matches. Also good **** for beating Hax, bet that feels good after losing to Silent Spectre at G2.

Also

If the three of you had a gay orgy and a baby spawned it would be the best ganon player ever.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Kage, you're right, you need more that amazing techskill to beat them. You also need to be purple.

Now, a few quick questions about ledgedashing.

If I shield that means I pressed R too late, correct? This is the same timing as when I hope up and jab right away (or tilt, but I like jabbing a lot more).

If I airdodge and fall, does that mean I was too early? I saw Kage do this once at RoM4. If I do it once at each tournament, does that mean I'm as good as Kage?

If I airdodge diagonally upwards so I end up above the stage, but never dash, does that mean I was slightly too late/early? Or does it mean that I did it at the right time, but needed to dodge more horizontally?

Also, how important is it to learn to powershield? I know it's important, but should I try to learn it in the next day or two before the next NCSU? What's the best way to learn to powershield? I previously thought it was only good for deflecting lasers, but in another topic Kage said you can powershield and then jab, which seems pretty awesome (on a side note, I KOed someone with a jab the other day. It was awesome). I'd also heard that Holding down the shield buttons when plugging in the controller makes it easier to powershield. Should I do this to help me learn?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
correct.

too early OR too late (too low). Practice it until you never miss. Be better than Kage.

always go straight horizontal.

Powershielding is timing and knowing your hitboxes. Just practice. It won't come overnight.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I didn't think about being too low. Also, I'm pretty sure I was slightly diagonal rather than straight horizontal. I'll work on doing it that way. Even if I don't get it down by Saturday, I can consistently perform a ledgehop, so that's something.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm down, palpi.

i thought about TO7, as it would level me up further before apex, but thinking of money things, i should probably not go. and time with gf johns, after going to ROM4, TO7 two weeks later is rough (we spend christmas and thanksgiving apart)

so basically, i have johns and probably won't go.l

Linguini

Smash Master
i'm going to TO7...it's basically perfect practice for apex. haven't been oos in a while and need the training.

me and colbol have teams on lock :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
they just ended up at really annoying heights. idk, i felt SUPER scrub mode after losing to it, because i know the solutions are as easy as you say, but it was a lot harder to play it out than it should have been.

i don't plan on having it happen again.

ganon is so good against low tiers though lol. i beat mofos ness in pools 2-0. that matchup is fun.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It actually is a fun matchup. Ness can scrape Ganon bad if Ganon doesn't know what to do (but more importantly, what not to do.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well uh, i'd never fought a ness, but was able to take care of it.

i guess you just like hit him and don't let him recover. i didn't really chaingrab...i'm more of a dthrow jab uair combo guy.

ness combos work a lot better on fast fallers, i imagine. i don't remember getting combo'd, but as long as i didn't do anything stupid, things worked out.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
well uh, i'd never fought a ness, but was able to take care of it.

i guess you just like hit him and don't let him recover. i didn't really chaingrab...i'm more of a dthrow jab uair combo guy.

ness combos work a lot better on fast fallers, i imagine. i don't remember getting combo'd, but as long as i didn't do anything stupid, things worked out.
Lol. You only get 2 guaranteed regrabs from 0%. Then I always jab (this is given damage, 2 dthrows 2-3 pummels total and a jab), and I always get the uair like you mentioned. The big thing to know is that fair is horrible against his approaches unless spaced perfectly. uair and bair **** and yeah, that's literally all you need to know unless you're a first day Ganon main lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
Learn to Powershield everything and react out of it with side-b, up-b, jab, or ftilt. Dtilt is all right too, but only if you are trying to put them up on a platform since they will most likely be DIing down after an aerial to FF it. Side-b is my favorite though. Catches a lot of people off guard, but up-b is probably strictly better because you can turn it around last second if you mess up--and it's an amazing grab, and you can't di the send.

The main thing that powershield is good for is really just to screw with the timing of your opponent, and keep your shield nice and fat to stop shield pressure. Ganon's traction is bad, so he doesn't move anywhere--which is why powershielding is pretty awesome for him.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
what do you mean you can't di the send? players will live forever from up-b's lol.

ps grab is enough for me.

ps jab fair works for fun though.

ps retreating fair if you're feeling reaaaal good lol.

Top Bottom