• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
PS grab doesn't work. It's just a regular shield-drop then grab. I'd rather just shield then grab to be safe if that's the case. PS only works if you buffer something out of it. Only A and B moves count as powershield dropped moves. Grab for some reason just counts as a regular shielddrop. So you still have to suffer the hitlag, shieldstun, and the shielddrop, versus just the first two and negating the last phase of the shield before you react.

PS jab is fun. But it leads to tech-chases so it's always worth it.

[edited for expediency]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd never thought about going Dthrow-Jab-Uair. I usually go straight to the Uair after the throw. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Also, this thread is boring. We need it to be more like PP's.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
crush gtfo or I'll find you irl and hurt you.

no raph this thread needs to stay just like it is...

oh wait that mentality got me demodded.....

Superspright

Smash Lord
hmm...so there's no difference in powershielding a falco dair and grabbing than already being shielding and grabbing?

i...did not know that.
Not many characters get rewards from powershields. But Ganon can get a reward nearly every time if the option is chosen right. He hurts when he picks an option. It's at least 12% damage and then a subsequent follow up which can lead to stock. It's been my personal belief for a couple months now that Ganon needs a great shield game overall to be really amazing. His powershield is absolutely broken if used right. He's so damn tall that he beats nearly every high aerial.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well yeah, i used to powershield grab everything. now that i know ps grab doesn't actually have any frame advantage, i'll probably just ps jab things.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yay offered and i was like whoa national without having to drive lol i'm in.

i do feel kinda weird about going to the east coasts thing but not the souths "road to apex" event.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hmm...so there's no difference in powershielding a falco dair and grabbing than already being shielding and grabbing?

i...did not know that.
It makes no difference because you are already grabbing at the first frame possible however using moves after PS makes a HUGE difference though. Apparently, PS to Jab is 16 frames faster than just shield to Jab. Ridiculous huh? Now I'm wondering if it's possible to PS -> Jab a Fox nair before he's able to shine if you are frame perfect vs if the Fox does the latest Nair possible to shine.

Chris, because RoM series is usually huge and amazing, good choice. =P

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Haha, someone ^ needs to meet Magus

Ganon's jab is 5 frames I think so power shield -> jab should definitely beat foxes nair if it's 7 frames.

VA

Smash Hero
I spy with my little eye, my pet ganondorf roaming around in ganon threads at work.

I'm coming to kill you next weekend, then kill teams with you.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ganon's jab is 3 frames, fyi. IIRC latest nair to shine has continuous shield stun, so you can't do anything there unless you are yoshi.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Just kind of inadequate advice though, imo... saying "you can't do anything" based off the best circumstances possible for the nair? :|

I understand that KNOWING that fact is beneficial and applicable. Also since neither of ya'll clarified... You can get hit on frames 3 4 and 5.. so the jab "is" 5 frames. The hitbox comes out on the 3rd frame. Thank you for not getting offended by my previous post, sveet... just thought it was a weird stereotype of ganon mains when they are the ****.

Linguini

Smash Master
i honestly don't know **** about frames and hitboxes. i've just played this game so much that i unconsciously know that stuff already lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ganon's powershield beats nearly every aerial that hits the top of his head (FH aerials). But shine ***** powershield too hard. Not safe at all. I do a lot of stupid stuff like PS the first hit then eat the shine regularly, then try to grab out of it or something--but I should get get multishined more. PS is trash against spacies. It's unfortunate. Just ***** Falco's dair and smash moveset, and if you are nasty at getting the lasers you can use them to approach him. But alas Fox can work right around it, and in it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
powershielding doesn't reduce shieldstun, you still gotta deal with it. The only difference is you are able to do any ground move out of shield instantly. There is no difference between shield grab and powershield shield grab

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
I know you've probably answered this somewhere on your thread already but I'm not gonna hit up 100 pages for it whenver I play falcos I have two major problems

1. Stopping an Isai dropped d air

2. getting pressured with wave shines/shines in general

I think that's kinda vague but I'm sure you could aanswer it

Ps. What was up with declinging my 1$ money match Kage

Top Bottom