• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
RoM 4, first! I'm going to both RoM 4 and APEX.

Edit: I think I know how to shield drop consistently now... It's a strict timing but I go from up to down on the joystick while shielding. I just tried it countless times until I noticed the timing you need to do it at. lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i can do it while shielding. i'm gonna try it today vs a falco i play a lot to see if i can do it during hitlag on my shield for an uair. i can't do it while dashing yet though. if i could, then i'd have a true trap while dashdancing above people on platforms while they're in shield. it'd be quite powerful. i'm working on it.

when is rom 4?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
consistently shield-dropping to u-air platform cancel would be ****!!! (i accidently did it in a match against someone and f-air'd him right after).

Palpi

Smash Hero
Yeah rom 4 is november. It just sucks cause I would need to drive both days and that is 2 hours each day, so I may not make rom. (poor johns) Apex is a definite though.

played ganon for the first time in like a month yesterday and it was pretty fun :awesome:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey winning with Tink and getting 2nd is freaking amazing.. Just one away.. damn it!! lol. Why did I choke my edgeguardddsss, aahhh!!! lol. I got foxed after.. oh well. =P

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Watching Kage live on projector is an experience of a lifetime. That man is so good. But he is still human, because he had opportunity to win, but he missed a few edgeguards. Next time, the warrior's wrath will be felt.

Also Kage, I'm salty about going 1-1 against your Ganon with my falcon. You completely trolled on me that last match lol. Good stuff, and I had an amazing time meeting you and getting to play you! Your "option select" inspires me to pick up my reads.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage MM me at Rom? $20? Congrats with the tourney btw.
Good luck dude...you will definitely need it lol

The warrior is AMAZING at the dittos. I felt the warrior's spirit in this matchup alot. I did learn alot from him though, and I felt that the more I played him the better I performed. But nevertheless, he hasn't beaten all the ganon mains at dittos for no reason! I'm proud that I was able to get a few matches off him at all.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage's the marth killer too, so don't feel to bad. I gotta use some of his stuff the next time I play you, you beat me pretty solid. I feel like even when I got 1 stocked I got destroyed because of those DAirs man, lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

The warrior is AMAZING at the dittos. I felt the warrior's spirit in this matchup alot. I did learn alot from him though, and I felt that the more I played him the better I performed. But nevertheless, he hasn't beaten all the ganon mains at dittos for no reason! I'm proud that I was able to get a few matches off him at all.
Yo you beat me when we were recording, i'm tight about that haha. =P Though you were doing A LOT better than in the beginning. =)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo you beat me when we were recording, i'm tight about that haha. =P Though you were doing A LOT better than in the beginning. =)
Yeah, I wasn't playing too hot at first no lies lol

But no johns, I got schooled on that big tv at the venue. But I felt somehow a little better after getting no sleep haha.

But fun times, regardless Kage. I respect that ganon alot. And your CF is too good too, although I think you did better vs me with Marth.

spider_sense

Smash Champion

Nah I got this. lol :)

I want to see some matches of you two, post up man!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, I wasn't playing too hot at first no lies lol

But no johns, I got schooled on that big tv at the venue. But I felt somehow a little better after getting no sleep haha.

But fun times, regardless Kage. I respect that ganon alot. And your CF is too good too, although I think you did better vs me with Marth.
Well with my alt characters I dont really know the matchups all that well lol. I just know a few of them.. like Falcon dittos or like marth/ganon somewhat. I do know Falcon vs spacies too a bit... i was actually doing ok vs Kels with Falcon... It's just that one mistake with Falcon and you die too lol. Just before I left, you probably had the power of God with you while I had nothing anymore, I was doing too much of the same stuff lol. But this is midwest, im johning but no johns lol.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well with my alt characters I dont really know the matchups all that well lol. I just know a few of them.. like Falcon dittos or like marth/ganon somewhat. I do know Falcon vs spacies too a bit... i was actually doing ok vs Kels with Falcon... It's just that one mistake with Falcon and you die too lol. Just before I left, you probably had the power of God with you while I had nothing anymore, I was doing too much of the same stuff lol. But this is midwest, im johning but no johns lol.
Well, yeah I was my mind was really clear. My tech skill was a little off because of the lack of sleep, but I could definitely tell you weren't on your game. That tourney took it out of you I'm sure. But you wrecked my falcon hard, that made me sooo sad.

But I learned alot, I was using your tactics today and wrecking actually.

I pulled this, and Arby immediately wanted to upload it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7tHO6vtxZ0&feature=channel_video_title

Linguini

Smash Master
good stuff kage, ****** the fvck out of the midwest LOL

It's hilarious because everyone there is horrendous against ganon, I remember even at FCD in 07 back when I was semi scrubby I ***** all of their best players. Watched your matches vs dart on the livestream......he got wrecked so badly. I see you with those nair combos hahaha

and jason got dis, i've been training him up in ganon dittos.

actually kage we should do a $10 mm at the next tourney we're both at, the last time we played was almost 2 years ago and I have a feeling the outcome will be a bit different this time.......:cool:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
kage we should do a $10 mm at the next tourney we're both at, the last time we played was almost 2 years ago and I have a feeling the outcome will be a bit different this time.......:cool:
Should be good, make sure it gets recorded :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kels is tough though, I know I can beat him, I just ****ed up too much. Hey it's Ganon. =p

Anyways, ya we can do that, let's see how you'll handle the new spirit. =P

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Falcon matchup because it seems there are very few areas we can challenge him in due to the start up time of Ganon's aerials and Falcon's overall speed. Seriously, the only moves I feel remotely safe throwing out are bair and uair.

Top Bottom