• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many mains do you have?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hey evryone I was just thinking how I have, like, 5 or 6 mains and I was wondering how many mains everyone else has and who they are if their not in your sig. My mains are:
Marth
Toon Link
Captian Falcon
Lucario
Jigglypuff
alt w/Ike

I tell you this not to state my mains really, but to set up the thread to ask: How many mains are acceptable to be considered maining with them. I.E., if I say I main all these characters, am I really maining them, or are they are prefered?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I still prefer a straight answer based from my own question, not someone else's.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If by main, you mean characters that I know a lot about, and use most often, then I have about 8.

:ness2:
:lucas:
:warioc:
:jigglypuff:
:mario2:
:kirby2:
:falcon:
:dk2:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I consider most of my mains secondaries, and Mario and Ness my real mains. Maybe Wario.

Heha, thanks. Hobbes is so cool, I just said "Why not?".

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I consider most of my mains secondaries, and Mario and Ness my real mains. Maybe Wario.

Heha, thanks. Hobbes is so cool, I just said "Why not?".
lol I was thinking of using the animated one of calvin with all those dumb faces he makes, but then I remembered animated avatars on SWF don't work on my browser for some reason :ohwell:.

And I've tried mastering wario but he's just too slow for my preferences.

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
well, i dont use meta (the reason should b obvious)
but anywayz, i think im best with marth, but my most used is ganon under brawl group records. my fav character is mario, and my favorite 2 use is snake and ike, but im not all that uubber epic with them ;p.
all-in-all, my main is any1 but sum1 that is NOT in my bottome 10. so ya, i dont reely MAIN any1.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
well, i dont use meta (the reason should b obvious)
but anywayz, i think im best with marth, but my most used is ganon under brawl group records. my fav character is mario, and my favorite 2 use is snake and ike, but im not all that uubber epic with them ;p.
all-in-all, my main is any1 but sum1 that is NOT in my bottome 10. so ya, i dont reely MAIN any1.
Are you any good with Ganondorf?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I have 13 characters that I like. Lucario is my main, but I've been trying to find someone in my other 12 characters that I like who help me cover his hardest matches (Marth, Olimar, Game&Watch, Wolf, Wario). I was told that ZSS (another of my characters) is good for them, but I've also found Sonic to be quite useful as well. From the first game, I've carried over my skills with Mario, Samus, and Fox. During melee, I picked up Zelda and Shiek, as well as Falco. And in Brawl, I enjoy playing with Pit, Ike, and Metaknight as well as the other characters that I've played with.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
For Brawl, the only character I'm good with is Snake. So just one I guess. But I'm decent with Pikachu and Sonic.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
I main Marth and GnW

but i do play alot and know alot about
Gannon
Pika
Falco
and Ike to a point

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
So I would imagine that of the many characters you mentioned only one or two of them are actually your mains and the others are either secondaries or characters you enjoy playing

I like to play with more than 50% of the cast but I only have one main,
Kirby, I consider my kirby to be better than the rest of my characters and If I were to enter a tournament I would do so a kirby player,

My secondaries are GW and Sheik,

I would not say that they are very strategic secondaries based on match ups but they are the characters I next enjoy playing and I feel are (personally) competitive,

When I play brawl simply for fun, often with items I play all sorts of other characters, CF, Marth, DDD, and its all fun but I would almost never pull one o those characters out in a tournament,

So I would recommend picking one or two of those characters to Main, and get to know as much as you can about them and then use the rest as secondaries, either for specific match ups, or just to have a change a character to keep things fresh.

Bluemoon-san

Smash Rookie
I have 6 i list them by how good i am at the characters:
Lucario
Falco
Sheik
Meta Knight
Kirby
and Sonic

Delvro

Smash Ace
I main :luigi2:

I have one or two secondaries :ganondorf: :link2: but I never use them in tournaments.

Honestly, having many mains is a good thing, *ESPECIALLY* if you know match-ups well. However... practicing one character and taking that ONE main to the next level is more satisfying

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Four mains. King Dedede, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, Metaknight and Pikachu.

No I do not use them because they are high tier expect for maybe metaknight.
I play Dedede he is a pimp and I love his chaingrab.
I play Marth because he has a beautiful and high priority game.
I play Gdub because he is fun.
I play metaknight because he dominates.
I play Pikachu in a four person free-for-all.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Mario/Falco are my mains.

The rest are more for fun.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Uh... Ness, Link, T.link and fox. But I get worse with fox every day. Then again, I never was any good...

My secondries are lucas, falco and Zelda.
Fun secondries: Sonic, C.Falcon

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Mains: Ike, Marth, MK
Secondaries: Lucario, Kirby, Olimar
Back-Ups: Pit, PT, Bowser, ROB

The characters I am good with in each category are in no particular order BTW.

Thenzon

Smash Rookie
I have 3 mains, and a few secondaries.

I main:
Lucario
Ganondorf
Link

In that order of preference, and probably skill too :S

As for secondaries, I like to use Wolf, Ike and Zelda, cos they're fun to use.

Top Bottom