• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Many Characters Do you Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Zelda - Its fun watching people try and counterpick against Shiek when they are playing Zelda.
Peach - She was the first character I ever used.
Kirby - Kirby is just fun.
Pichu - Bragging rights.
Ice climbers - Is my favourite classic game.
Mario - Eggz' Combo video. :p
G&W - He is so cool. ;D

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well I main Sheik,Marth,Pikachu and Falco.(The 1st 3 are my best though)I use Peach,Ganon,CF and Samus alot too,depending on the matchup.

cemo

white walker
Ice Climbers.

Fox, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Young Link, Ness, Game and Watch

But mostly Ice Climbers.

SeishukuSheik

Smash Rookie
I play more than I can handle. >_> Observe!

1) Roy- teh phire!11!1!! But seriously, a character that I've identified with long enough now. I like his jump and fall better than Marth's, his dtilt pops the opponent up for normally a free something or other, decent wavedash, and HEAVY ON MINDGAMES, which is half of my fun. Plus, red hair! C'mon, everyone loves redheads, right? *looks around expectantly* :c ... right? But I DO hate sacrificing any decent spike and a bit of speed that I'd have if I learned Marth. Under-repped Roy FTW, though! :D
2) Ganondorf- Wavelanding, neutral jab, ledgedash, fair... I'm... gonna stop now. <3
3) Zelda- her aerial game is so fun XD And her neutral a has surprising range. Also, I'm trying to hex. It blows. XD
4) Pichu- ... I like pain? Fastest character I mess around with, neutral b as a shield, shffl'd nairs, and a quick attack I can actually use. SRSLY, I blow with Pika's. ALSO, goggles. XD
5) Yoshi- he's breaking my bad habits of living in-shield in all my matches! fair spike and egg snipe FTW :C
6) Bowser- I want to play him better soooo bad, I need to dedicate more time to him XD Honestly, Fortress ANYTHING is enough reason for me to play him.
7) Peach Turnip mindgames and float canceled aerials... need to play her more.

Zone

Smash Champion
I don't have a main but here is who I use and against who.
Marth-
(Counter)
Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff
(Even match)
Ganon, Falco, Samus, (good link player)
Fox-
(Counter)
Luigi, Doc, Mario, (Falco? I find it kinda ezier to fight him as Fox), Link, Samus
(Even Match)
Peach(depends on level), Captain Falcon, Shiek,
Zelda-
(Counter)
Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Link, Peach. +maybe more?
(Even Match)
Marth, Shiek, Fox, (Small characters harder to land hits), Possibly Falco as well (DUnno yet not enough matchups

Samus-
(Counter)
Peach (lol)
(Even)
alot of chars. >.>

Learning stage for Falco, Peach, Pikach(for fun), Link(For fun).

I am horrible with (Luigi, Captain Falcon, Dr.Mario, Ganon(Unless its a ditto dunno i think i got a knack for Ganon dittos.) and I kinda suck with Shiek lol. Not that bad though but that's only cuz she's High tier prolly.

I dunno why Zelda is so low imo. Although sometimes she's boring to play cuz everyone goes super defensive mode making the matches alot longer.

I'm not saying this counters that, I'm just saying that's what *I* am comfortable fighting with who vs who.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I'm in a main charater identity crisis but here' my list of characters I use regularly:
Fox, Peach, Samus, Ganondorf, Link, Young Link, and Bowser.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
Falco and CF for Samus, Luigi, Jigglypuff etc.
Sometimes Marth... xD

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
marth or falco if I'm trying to win.

Jigglypuff, Fox, and sheik if my marth and falco just aren't working.

Then just messing around, pretty much everyone but the rodents (pichu, pika)

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
In order

Fox: shine blind!, flips! short hops and speed!
Sheik: Speed!, Smash attacks!
Falco: Shine, Shine, drill (aka da bombsoldier)! Drill Kill!
Jigglypuff: Air attacks. No rest! Rollout!
Marth: (just starting to become good), Dair spike. Short hops, and Aireal attacks.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Peach, Falco, Fox, Marth, Link, Doc, Captain Falcon, Ganon, Samus, Sheik/Zelda, Roy, and Luigi are all characters that I use often. I'm starting to use Mewtwo more now as well. I was messing around with some of his combos and tricks the other day and decided that I really enjoyed the way he played.

Dunno who my best/main is right now. Probably Peach or Falco.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
Falco: Fast and strong
Shiek: She is so fast and can nail some pretty mean combos.
Doc: He is powerful and I find sliding under the character useful.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Main
Naked Jiggly
- I just love everything about this thing fits my playing style perfect

I also won tourney matches with peach, marth and luigi that is all i really use

Pink Peach
-old main really don't play her much anymore but still can win with her plus floaty

Green Luigi
-new project i love the wavedash grab and dsmash and nair and he is floaty that is a plus for me.

White Marth
-I want marth to be my second for pesky samus c.falcon and other tough jiggly matchups

Zodiac

Smash Master
1. I main Link.- because Link is awsome and he pwns you
2. I second Sheik/Marth-Because Theyre fun to play with
3. I third Doc- Also because he's just fun to play with
4. I fourth Roy-Combos are fun
5. I fifth fox- again for fun
6. I play ganondorf rarely.- just becauseI want to master the triforce.

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
When I got bored of Luigi, I tried a ton of other characters to find a new main, which is why my list is so long.

Mains:
1. Captain Falcon - speed, power, chain-grabbing shiek, tech-chasing
2. Luigi - strong smashes, wavedashing

Secondaries:
1. Samus - just a tank, hard to kill
2. Falco - shl and dair wreck any noobs, counters anyone I might worry about
3. Shiek - counters my own mains
4. Fox - shine confuses the hell out of most people, ridiculously quick
5. Yoshi - love the eggs, the bair, and the down-smash
6. Jigglypuff - pound, rest, WoP
7. Link - projectiles throw off just about everyone, l-cancelled d-air
8. Marth - I hate Marth.
9. Donkey Kong - donkey punch, throws, crazy dodge, awesome taunt
10. Pikachu - my main before I learned advanced techs

Sometimes:
1. Ganondorf - f-air, u-air, f-air, u-air, D-AIR. I'm all about u-tilt edge-guarding.
2. Mewtwo - too funny
3. Mr. Game & Watch - aerials and f-smash
4. Ness - see G&W
5. Bowser - the ****

Pretty much never:
1. Zelda
2. Young Link
3. Roy
4. Pichu
5. Kirby
6. Mario
7. Doctor Mario
8. Peach
9. Ice Climbers

Falco and Fox are pretty new to my list, but since I already knew a lot of advanced techniques and main Captain Falcon (I can handle speed), I found them pretty easy to pick up. Shiek was laughable. I'd never played her before and wanted to piss off my friends who both use her as a main. She's SO easy to use. All her moves come out like lightning.

Unless I'm playing serious matches, I usually change my character every round.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I Main Bowser, alt icies and GAW and pretty much just got legit with everyone else. That way i can counter pick. Yea yeaa :)

Shinobi_Moogle

Smash Rookie
here's my personal tier list. This is a just list of my favorite characters in order. Like the real tier list, it's divided into groups, but the order is also exact, so although the ICs and Fox are in the same group, I like the ICs more.

Mains
1. Ice Climbers- As soon as I learned how to desynch, I was hooked on these guys. Also, I enjoy being different from the mainstream, and the smash forum I used to go to hated these guys. I couldn't understand why they were getting so much crap, people saying they sucked, people saying they were cheap, the whole works. I love how unique they are and different to play as.
2. Pichu- My thought with picking up Pichu was "He sucks so much that if I can own with him, the handicap factor will double the ownage" and so I picked up Pichu to prove I can fight off longswords with a dagger, if you can understand the analogy.
3. Fox- "I wanna go fast." 'nuff said.

Secondaries
4. Doc- He's insanely easy to use and I can play him without thinking, He's just a leisure to play as for me.
5. Purin- Being in the air is more than being on the ground, and Purin owns in the air. She's also easy to get the hang of, Like Doc.
6. Peach- I like how overpowered she is for being a princess. Fair for the win.
7. Link- My main previous to being advanced, I used to think Link was the best character in the game (I was a stereotypical n00b) because of how well rounded he was (swordplay and projectiles, at my level speed wasn't quite as important.) I still his bag-of-tricks nature.
8. Roy- Previous to liking Link, Roy was my man. I also thought he was the best, although i was even more of an idiot then so I can't really explain why I thought he was so good. His inferiority nature attracts me now.
9. Kirby- My main of SSB64. Of course now he sucks, but I can't let him go. :3

Group 3
10. Mewtwo- I like him for the same reason I like Pichu.
11. Luigi- JUDO CHOP! That's seriously the only reason why I like him besides the crazy long wavedash.
12. Samus- A bag of tricks like Link, but more projectile based. I really am not very good with Samus so I just play her against my friends (who suck.). I like the super long grappling hook thingy. ^.^
13. Young Link- I like him for the reason I like Link, but he's faster and has even more tricks.
14. Mr. Game & Watch- he's just fun to play as. :lick:
15. Bowser- I don't like him, I dont hate him.

Played-like-Crap- - Because these characters are so different from the rest, and they're not the ICs, I suck as them.
16. Ness
17. DK
18. Yoshi

Prejudiced Group- This is the group I hate.
19. C Falcon- I hate captain falcon as a character, but I like the way he plays. I'm just prejudiced against him, recently I've gotten comfortable with his moveset, but I still hate him. Don't ask me why. >:(
20. Falco- he's TOO easy to use. I learned him in a week and own my friends with him effortlessly, no fun at all. I also kind of hate most top tiers except fox because they're so dang popular (I'm prejudiced against anything mainstream.)
21. Marth- Same as falco, but he's harder to use. he's fun to play as, but I just hate the mainstreamness.
22. Zelda/Sheik- I play them as one character, which few people do (at least I think.) however, I don't really play them "correctly" (combo with shiek, finish with zelda) I just swap randomly. Sometimes I'll use one or the other for different stocks, fight as only one, combo with sheik/finish with zelda, combo with zelda/finish with sheik, or just about anything else. You never know.
23. Ganondorf- He's got C Falcon's awesome moveset, but he's also ridiculously slow and has a huge package. I don't like him.
24. Mario- he's like Doc - cool. :p
25. Pikachu- he's fat and ugly. :mad:

darktiamat47

Smash Rookie
1. Marth, no influence from ken at all, from the day I picked up the game he was the ****. Love his range and fits perfect with my fight style

2. Fox- speed speed speed baby and the shine of course :-p

3. ice climbers- they're by far the shiznit that hammer is deadly

4. Doc - powerful yet practical

5. Mario - fair has better range then doc and speed baby

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Wow.........I made a thread like this a while ago and it was closed by a mod. :dizzy:

Anyway my favs:

Fox/Falco: Love to go all out technically.
Marth: Range, power, wavedash/dash, crazy hitboxes.
Falcon: Combos are ridiculous, so much style, the knee.
Link/Y.Link: Style, range, projectiles, can play smart.
Doc/Mario: Great combos, cape+pills, and it's Mario.
Samus: Can be fun, flashy, smart.
Ganon: Power, jab, kills in 5 hits.

Chars. I dislike:

Zelda-too weak, Sheik-too cheap, Pika/Pichu-just hate their physics, Mewtwo-just plain hate, ICs-gay infinites+CGs and hate when they get split up.

Besides that I like the rest of the chars. to play for fun.

FlowingEdge

Smash Rookie
1. Marth - I play him because of his graceful swordplay alone, I love swords alot.
2. Fox, Falco, Peach, Link, Samus, Mario, Ganondorf, jigglypuff, and Zelda/Sheik (play them as one, switches differing on strat against opponent). These are all my seconds since It's interesting to play as em.
3.Pretty much everyone else. Every character is fun to play with.
4. Roy - Suprisingly, I am worst with roy I personally think, odd that he is opposite swordsman of marth using a Zweihander type style instead of longsword. Still fun to play with anyway.

Link226

Smash Ace
1. Link : My main and my fav character to use. His projectiles are fun to use and when u do his combos u feel good. :)

2. GAW : Well im starting to use him alot now...i like him hes fun to use, chaingrabbing Fast-Fallers = too good.

3. CF : Really fast and has a cool move set. One of the most fun characters to use in the game.

4. Falco : I just always liked him better than Fox. SHL, shine combos, pillaring, spike, down grab to dsmash = pwnage lol

5. D. Mario : His pills usually annoy people and its fun to see people get annoyed. LOL And hes wayy cooler than mario. Bair FTW

6. Roy : Im pretty **** good with Roy, i surprise myself sometimes when i use him.

7. Marth : Ken combo FTW

8. Samus : I know its not really good but I really like Samus Fsmash aka Gat smack

hylian_hero13

Smash Rookie
1. Link- He is my one of my favs and I'm best with him as well.
2. Marth- Good combos + Quick = Death
3. Falco- Better than Fox

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
! This is my list of characters I use the most goes like this (in order of favorites!):

-Link-I just love LOZ, and I know crazy combos with him. I surprisingly versile, got exellent range attack aim, and use tons of combos & air attacks.

-YLink-Basically I use long range attacks, more ground based attacks, and move only to get better map positioning. I use him so much diffrent from Link!

-Kirby-Go crazy with a dead split in amout of air and ground attacks used, use b attcks & smash attacks a lot, & use abilities galore!

-Fox-Gun owns, A up and down own. Go crazy with speed and exellent B attacks. His speed is fully taken advantage by me, & I use a lot of air attacks, with some grabs on the side (much like Link)

-Falco-I stick with some nonstop combos, & his gun as a defense to keep enemies at the safe distances, & the B attacks own. I don't use much air attacks with him as I do with Fox!

-Ganondorf-Whats not to like? B and B up, A up smash, A up, and A side smash feel so good to use! I tend to use air attacks more with Ganondorf than most people, which throws people off! Don't mess with a dude who does 50%+ damage attacks daily!

-Roy-B unleashed full feels good, but I like to stick more with his A attacks, with a b down and B side occasionally, and a rare B up. I really don't use air attacks with this character, & rely on his decent speed, his exellent power, range, and combos!

-Marth-I love using his speed, & I use him a ton for air attacks and A up smash, as well as A side smash, with a counter & a grab here and there. I take total advantage of Marth, whom I have been using more recently.

-Doc-O ya powerhouse and well-balanced fighters! I use basically every A smash and a attack in air, & take total advantage of defence and setting up attacks with his cape! I use a lot of air attacks to most, & happen to catch people in the odd combos. I love confusing my opponents!

-Capt. Falcon-Man, what can you hate about him, other than being uber powerful? Fastest runner, all B attacks rock, exellent A attacks and Smash, he almost got it all other than a long range or projectile attack! So many combos....so little time!

-Peach-She easily would make my top 10 best if I liked her more, but I don't. She has a good A up smash in terms of defense, & I use arial attacks to a point of almost overusing them. I use lots of odd combos, with Peach, and with uber powerful B side, its all good!

-Mario-I tend to go seemingly overarial, even more than Doc! I also tend to switch between Arial beatdown to ground beatdown fast, & tend to play more offensively with Mario, as oppose to my defensive style with Doc. I use all the A smash, the tornado spin a lot, and I use B up a lot.

I play mainly defensively, with many arial attacks & ground combos! I like to move around a lot, and do severe damage via combos & strong attacks. I like to stick with taking things slowly, thinking many steps ahead while still focused, & I try hard to analyze my opponent's weaknesses!

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
My favs:

Sheik: Fun to combo with, needles, chaingrabs, and plus she's a freaking ninja! NOT BECAUSE SHE'S EASY TO PICK UP! I'm really making an effort to get my Sheik as a legitimate main, and avoid the noobness that is most Sheiks. I have been told that I play a "nasty" Sheik, which makes me very happy. :chuckle:

Link: Purely to take up a second character at first. I have come to love the projectiles. The boomerang is soo much fun to use to screw soneone into a combo. My Link is not very good, but he's still fun to play. And the hookshot is fun to play around with.

Marth: Ah, mr. c-stick himself. For a while, I played marth, and got relatively good with him. I abandoned him about a year ago ( :( ) to play Sheik. Now, after watching the sick combos, I have started to pick him back up. KEN COMBO --> SPIKE FTW!

The ones i hate:
The Climbers: **** that chain throwing! icicles and desyncing a a pain. They're hard to play together, but once you break 'em up they can be fun to toy with. ;)

Falco: The gun SHFFLing. Oh sooo many lasers. They tend to get in the way of what ever you are doing, and spaz you enough to screw you into a pillar or Falco bomber. I have played a few nooby Falco's and they're not hard to beat. But one guy i play has a sick Falco, and in the right hands it's clear why he's top tier.

Peach: One reason: D-Smash.No matter how much I DI it, it always sets me up for a combo. A royal pain.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty good with all the characters. My best are...

1.Link(Main)
2.Marth(Second)
3.Samus(Third)
4.Jiggs(Fourth)
5.Captain Falcon(Fifth)
6.Ness(Fun)
7.Falco(Fun)

Characters I love playing as...

PICHU!!! The funniest thing to do is verse your friends and own them with low tier characters!
(no offense to any Pichu users)
Ganon. He's on steroids in homerun contest
Mewtwo. Same as pichu(no offense to Mewtwo users)
Shiek.

Volt Tackle

Smash Cadet
At the moment I only really play two characters.

Pikachu: I love this little guy. Fast, nice projectile, good aerials (love the tailspike) and the added nostalgia from the days of pokemon red hooked me on the little yellow rat.

Doc: Pills <3

I would love to learn to play a space animal though...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I really only use one character, MARIO!!!!!!! His spikes are not matched. Period!!!! End of story!!!

But I can also use Luigi. I trained with him.
Err it's really not that good of a Meteor... and it takes to long and is easily dodged, i like it to knock them up for a combo starter but not a meteor just edgeguard for that...

Tera253

Smash Ace
Pikachu: great for spamming stunning projectiles to keep the slower characters (DK, Ganny, Bowser, Link)at bay. excellent ^A. the yellow rat hooked Tera back in the days of Blue version. aslo, infuriating your opponents with that taunt helps worsen their game. and the excellent recovery, the tailspike, the down throw--up smash--thunder combo is too good to pass up.
Falco: awesome falling speed, annoying gun to keep those withouyt projectiles far, far away, excellent evasion, reflector for cowards like Link, high jumps.

those are the only two that Tera is halfway decent with, but here are some others that have less power in Tera's hands:
Zelda: excellent mindgames/unpredictability, powerful smashes. Shiek timing is excellent for racking damage, but Zelda is the finisher.
Fox: the gun. the pink boots (blue Fox). the dashing/falling speed. what's not to love?
Roy: FIRE!!!!!!!!!!! (and counter.)

~Tera253~

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
1. Sheik= Fast speed, high tier, fast attacks...all speed baby. All speed.

2. Marth= Swords rule. 'Nuff said.

3. Fox= Good with him; second main.

Low Tier= Pichu. DON'T ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom