• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you play?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I play around 10 (but I'm actually decent with the first five =P)

1: Zelda
2: Pit
3: Kirby
4: ZSS
5: Ness
6: Ike
7: Ice Climbers
8: Yoshi
9: Peach
10: Bowser

I love goin random though, if you going for "I wanna be amazing with x players" then I'd say 5 at the max. Just do whatever you think you can handle.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fox, Marth, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sheik, ROB. Fox has been there since 64, while Marth and Mewtwo have been there since Melee. I would never let them go so easily. ^^

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
11 on and off, but I only play 4 seriously.

I main Wolf. Ganondorf, Bowser, and Zelda are my strongest secondaries. I'm decent with Peach, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Falcon, but I mainly play them for fun. Peach and ZSS are too complicated for me to be any good with them without investing a lot of time in them. I play Marth, Donkey Kong, R.O.B., and Ice Climbers just for fun.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I play with everyone.

But I main Toon Link. =P

majora_787

Smash Hero
No offense, but I hate it when people say they main/regularily use everyone.

I mean, the more characters you main, the more you have to divide your practice to be good with them. It makes you worse with the whole of them. But then people say they main everyone and they get SO CLOSE to beating me, or they DO beat me, and it kills me inside. Makes me think if they stuck with one character they would be AMAZING.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman

I mean, the more characters you main, the more you have to divide your practice to be good with them. It makes you worse with the whole of them. But then people say they main everyone and they get SO CLOSE to beating me, or they DO beat me, and it kills me inside. Makes me think if they stuck with one character they would be AMAZING.
Or.. you can just be Azen.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I main Yoshi & Diddy Kong, and I second Bowser. I also play with quite a few other characters, but my main focus is on Yoshi & Diddy, with Bowser as well to a certain extent.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@majora from some pages back: Enough of the basic mechanics are the same to be able to play most chars at a consistent level. I'm much weaker with peach and yoshi, simply because they have a special trick I don't readily adapt to.

But the other stuff, such as char specific tricks/ char playstyles are not hard to remember. Also, I feel that try to switch styles easily will make me better over all.

hanger

Smash Rookie
I try to stay away from those that are considered "cheap", like Snake. I get more satisfaction from winning with a not so much used character.
(I haven't been on these boards in a while, Snake was considered cheap when I was here last, though)

I tend to play Falco the most, but I also play P-Trainer, G&W, DD, ROB, and Luigi

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

I suck anyway in Brawl, so I play with whom I'm up to play with.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I only use G&W and Diddy in tournaments, so I'm only decent with 2 characters.

If I'm just messing around in friendlies, I'll use Peach, Zelda, Sheik, ZSS, Ike, Link and Olimar. But I don't take any time to learn any tricks with those guys, and I would NEVER break them out in a tourney.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I play

King Dedede
Ice Climbers
Sheik
Peach
Pokemon Trainer (Best probably Squirtle)
Kirby
Olimar
Metaknight
Falco

I have changed my main to each of those one time or another.

kiefsgirl_haha

Smash Rookie
2. falco and yoshi.
i dont know how some people can play 18.

even with two, im stupid sometimes and mess up. like trying to do yoshis down b when im playing falco and pull out his reflector.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Olimar
Kirby
Falcon
DK
Fox
Yoshi
~~~~~~~
Diddy
Icies
Snake
Sheik
MK
Link
Marth
PT
Pit
DDD

I try to restrain myself to the use of those above the "~" line in tournaments, but I make no promises lol.

One-handed mains
Left hand - Wolf, Olimar, Marth
Right hand - Olimar, Marth

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
You play one handed?! Nice!

You'll find mine in my sig... I only use lucas against nesses and when I'm not being insanely competitive. Toonlink is vs link and slow chars... my Zelda isn't tournament worthy... So my main 5 are fox link ness lucas/toonlink and falco. Followed by Zelda. so yeah, here's my sig:

Booseter Seat

Smash Cadet
Only two characters for me. My main being Lucas, and my secondary being Lucario. I never really play more than two, just to keep it simple, and make it easier to practice and eventually, maybe, master a character.

ChiefOnionSauce

Smash Cadet
I have about 18 chars I can play and consistenly win with.

Me and Psychofox try to keep our mains at 5. If we could only choose 2 or 3, it would be easier, but we both think 5 allows the greatest range in skill, choice of matchups, counterpicks, etc. But at the 4th and 5th spot, it gets really hard to make a decisive choice.

My mains- ZSS, Pikachu, Dedede, Bowser are given. the 5th spot has changed a lot. For the past couple of months it has been Luigi. But I'm starting to pick up Olimar. ZSS has never left. It used to be Metaknight, Wolf, ZSS, Wario, Mario when i first got brawl. Mario was dropped. Wario became Bowser. Metaknight became Dedede. Then Wolf became Pikachu. And Mario's spot has changed occasionally since then.

Psychofox Mains- C Falcon, Yoshi, Dedede (we played double d3's for teams at a smashfest. he liked it so much he immediately put in Dedede into his mains), Falco. C Falcon and Yoshi have always stayed, but the 3-5 spots have changed several times. When ssbb first came out, he mained with ROB, Luigi, and Lucas but over the past few months has grown out of favor with them all.

Nonmains I can play- Wolf, Luigi, Toon Link, Wario, Mario, PT (start out ivysaur), Zelda, Peach, Lucario, Ike, Metaknight, Pit, C Falcon, Ganondorf.

But no matter what, ZSS will always be #1.

Melee- Falco, Mario, Marth

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I actively use only three characters in Brawl which would be Lucario, Donkey Kong and Captain Falcon. Been using Lucario for about 7 months and always entertained when using him.

As well sometimes I play Random. Always unexpecting and fun to use others.=P

Top Bottom