• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you play?

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Because the guy above me has a fancy looking post...

Mains: :dk2::peach::mario2::fox:

I enjoy and feel like I can play reliably with: :dedede::bowser2::ike::gw::pikachu2:
lol pretty funny

How do you guys get those sigs that show the mains' pictures, secondaries, etc.?
when you are doing you post go to advanced then you'll see smiley's on the right and click more and scroll...

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
Oh, I play as Five.

Main :pikachu:

Secondary :pt: :ness2: :lucas: :falco:

It's best to keep the count low and varied, to keep away from the "Jack of all trades, master of none".

trev94

Smash Journeyman
i have 12 people i play think not to be cocke but i think i do fine with 12

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I use Mario, Wolf, Marth, and Jigglypuff.

I am a defensive player. Mario has a defense rating of about 6, but he is so fast that he can jump/dodge very quickly. Wolf, Marth, and Jigglypuff all have very high defensive ratings.

All 4 of these characters have high overall ratings.

Source: Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl guide book from Prima

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I play all chars, with the exception of a few gaylords. I'm decent at best with all of them, but I'm gonna master about 10 of them.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice

lol pretty funny

when you are doing you post go to advanced then you'll see smiley's on the right and click more and scroll...
Ah thanks man, I couldn't see the "More" link on my screen. Now I just have to figure out how to sig it. You going to that get-together next Saturday? If they're definitely going to have a cable tv hookup to show the game, I'll show up, even if for a couple of hours. I know I won't be that great there but at least I get to see you play against tough competition :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Lol, i remember my first ever melee tournament, my friends convinced me to go as random cos i didnt have the game nor did i have a main. I somehow made it through the pools but got knocked out straight from then. But surely it isnt viable to main random in a tournament consistently and do well? Im guessing the ppl who main random either only do so in friendlies or do so to find characters to use in tournament, am i right?

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Ah thanks man, I couldn't see the "More" link on my screen. Now I just have to figure out how to sig it. You going to that get-together next Saturday? If they're definitely going to have a cable tv hookup to show the game, I'll show up, even if for a couple of hours. I know I won't be that great there but at least I get to see you play against tough competition :)

yep i'm definitely there i'll be interested to see who shows up and what mains and secondaries i'll be fighting against, there are still some characters i'm not experienced against in their meta games so i'll be excited... If i get beat by a yoshi i'll jump out of a window lol

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
yep i'm definitely there i'll be interested to see who shows up and what mains and secondaries i'll be fighting against, there are still some characters i'm not experienced against in their meta games so i'll be excited... If i get beat by a yoshi i'll jump out of a window lol
Hmm I think i'll practice Yoshi or C. Falcon this week :)

Edit: Yes! It worked!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i main wario.
and i counter pick falco if im facing a D3.

i use jigglpuff in friendlies for a good "WTF?" if i beat someone :]

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
All of them.

AT THE SAME TIME.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I've been kinda bouncing around mains between ICs, Fox, and Lucario. Along with them, I am confident with my Marth and Olimar. So, all together five characters I'm confident with.

pika! pika!

Smash Rookie
Depending on the situation if I want to do amazingly well against a serious opponent i'll main zelda,bowser,and perhaps 3 other characters. If friends are over, usually we will do random just to mix it up a little.

K 2

Smash Lord
Mains: G&W, Pikachu
Secondaries: MK, IC
Tercenaries: Marth, Falco, LOLimar, Diddy, Snake

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
I still find it effective to cover a range of play-styles with your characters.
Snake, Pikachu, PkMn Trainer, Link, Falco.

I think I've got it covered. ._.

arfer

Smash Cadet
I pretty much stick to Ness and Lucas, but occasionally use PT... I'm too lazy to try to practice with everyone. I'd rather be really good at 1 or 2 instead of just okay with 5 or 6

Top Bottom