• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you play?

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Look in my sig. I don't play Luigi that often anymore, though... And obviously, I play Captain Falcon every once in a while (who doesn't?).

EDIT: ...Why is my signature not visible? o_0;

Witch_

Smash Cadet
Zelda, and if I lose with her, Falco. Occasionally, Wolf, but I pretty much play him like Falco...

I consider myself a Zelda main, even though I'm often told my Falco/Wolf is much better.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I do dabble in a lot of characters, but my top choices are now: ICs, Ike, Lucas, and Ness.

I want to use the most uncommon characters (but not the bad ones like CF)

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Mains: :mario2:, :zerosuitsamus:, :jigglypuff:
Seconds: :luigi:, :toonlink: , :metaknight:
Thirds: Falcon, Marth, Fox, ICs
Good People: Falco, Lucario, Ivysaur, ICs

I mainly stick to the 6 faced ones, but the others I use, just not as often.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but I hate it when people say they main/regularily use everyone.

I mean, the more characters you main, the more you have to divide your practice to be good with them. It makes you worse with the whole of them. But then people say they main everyone and they get SO CLOSE to beating me, or they DO beat me, and it kills me inside. Makes me think if they stuck with one character they would be AMAZING.
Isai has other ideas.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I play Luigi/Samus/Kirby/Sonic/Mario frequently.

But I will use all Characters except Lucas and Ness.

RoyalMarth

Smash Rookie
Lets see, I main Marth and 2nd pretty much anyone with a sword like Ike, Link/Toon, Metaknight, Pit oh and Luigi too.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but I hate it when people say they main/regularily use everyone.
Because you aren't capable of doing so?

I mean, the more characters you main, the more you have to divide your practice to be good with them. It makes you worse with the whole of them. But then people say they main everyone and they get SO CLOSE to beating me, or they DO beat me, and it kills me inside. Makes me think if they stuck with one character they would be AMAZING.
Not really. Thing is, while maining is helpful in some ways, it actually hurts you in other ways, and you can (and do) become overspecialized. Being able to play every character has great advantages, including the fact that you know what your opponent is doing. And if you lose to such a player, you shouldn't feel bad beyond "they're better than me". And its not like they'd be much more amazing; the way I see it, spreading out your practice is helpful because getting better at some point is a grind, but the better you get at the game in general, the more space you create above each character you can reach fairly quickly before you get into the slow training (where you improve very slowly, a state I see many players enter).

If I know everything every character can do, then I have a huge advantage over you, because I know both my character AND your character, and I can always play the single BEST character to play against your main, and thus put you at as large of a disadvantage as possible.

Also, I can pick random when I win round 1 and deny you the opportunity to CP, or even know which stage to choose sometimes.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Peach
Kirby
Mario
Jigglypuff
Dedede
Sonic
Sheik

Exactly in that order. I always use Peach for 1v1 tourneys, and Kirby (with my friend's ROB) for 2v2 tourneys. Lately I've been using Mario a lot, I want to play him in the next tourney ^^

IxxI

Smash Fence
One.
I like getting super good with one character so I know everything about them, and never have to worry about losing tech skill on another character.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Main: Marth
Second: Zelda
Fun and decent: Fox, Lucario, Ike, Pit, Link, Wolf, Luigi
Should be better, but still fun: Peach, Samus, Sonic, Jiggy, IC

I regularly mess around with about half of the characters, and almost never play the other half.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario
Snake
Dedede
G&W
Falco
Olimar
IC's
Lucario
Marth
Fox
Falco
Luigi
Mario
Peach
Bowser
DK
Diddy
CF
Ganon
Link

I can play nearly all of those characters well, my best are Wario, G&W, Diddy, Snake, and IC's though, but I can play most of those at a tourney level.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hmmm...I play lots of characters. Wolf is my main...but I play almost all the others too:

Mario, Donkey Kong, Fox, Kirby, Marth, G&W, Luigi, Sheik, Falco, Ike, Snake, King Dedede, ROB, Olimar, Wario, Bowser and Falcon...out of those I'd say Falco, Snake, Olimar and Luigi are my best (after Wolf)

ChiefOnionSauce

Smash Cadet
Because you aren't capable of doing so?
lol

Not really. Thing is, while maining is helpful in some ways, it actually hurts you in other ways, and you can (and do) become overspecialized. Being able to play every character has great advantages, including the fact that you know what your opponent is doing. And if you lose to such a player, you shouldn't feel bad beyond "they're better than me". And its not like they'd be much more amazing; the way I see it, spreading out your practice is helpful because getting better at some point is a grind, but the better you get at the game in general, the more space you create above each character you can reach fairly quickly before you get into the slow training (where you improve very slowly, a state I see many players enter).

If I know everything every character can do, then I have a huge advantage over you, because I know both my character AND your character, and I can always play the single BEST character to play against your main, and thus put you at as large of a disadvantage as possible.
you explain it good titanium dragon. my thoughts exactly.

Also, I can pick random when I win round 1 and deny you the opportunity to CP, or even know which stage to choose sometimes.
same thing i do, heh.

Top Bottom