• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you come to start using Peach?

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to fit as much in here as possible.

Peach has been my Loneliest Character since the game came out. She always felt so... "bleh"... to use. Well when I got Brawl+ I started using characters I didn't like too much before. Primarily Mario and Link. So now I decide I need a cool sig and cool pictures of Mario/Link/Zelda/Sheik/Falcon. Too bad there's almost no Mario pictures, but hundreds of Peach pictures. Well after finding tons of awesome Peach pictures, I jokingly thought that I should main Peach just so I could use one of these pictures...

Well I tried her out and... I think I have a main after a year+ of not having one. :dizzy: Maybe she'll count for more than 0.5% of the KO's so far soon. Poor Olimar, I hope his Pikmin keep him company now.

And about Peach's turnips. I found information on them all, but now I'm wondering how you take note of which turnip you have in your hands. It might be because of my terrible vision, but I find it very hard to tell which turnip I have. I've seen a few videos and it all appears to be very rapid turnip use. I don't want to waste that [1/58?] chance of getting a stitchface. I think I need to get glasses now. :embarrass

Also, I did this interesting turnip/throw combo. I was in the middle of battlefield and I threw a turnip up into the air. Then I grabbed Falcon and threw him up into the turnip and he just flew to the bottom right of the screen and died. I'm not sure how high his damage was. Do you think that was a stitchface or could it have been another? Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay.

And one last thing. I would ask the person with the sig but they haven't been on since April. Does anyone know where I can find just a single Peach version of the left Peach in this picture? I'm awful at cutting out backgrounds and I was wondering if a full version with all of the flowing hair existed. The artstyle is perfect for the Link/Zelda/Sheik/Falcon pictures I already have. I just need a good Mario one. :ohwell:

justaway12

Smash Master

:goomba: Here is the picture just put it in photobucket. I hope it helps ^_^. Oh and about the turnip thing I normally just look at the turnips, I can tell the difference quite easily, but maybe thats just me. :goomba:

:goomba: Anyway, the reason I played Peach. Well everytime someone mentioned "Peach", "ditzy" was in the same sentence 99% of the time but I didn't mind, it's not like I hated Peach I just didn't mind her, there was nothing to hate really, she never did anything bad, she was just there. One day was on the interent, somebody called her ditsy again and then said something like "I don't know why Mario keeps saving her" then I realized SHES BOWSER/MARIO'S GIRLFRIEND OR SOMETHING, they wouldn't waste their time on a ditzy princess, they're too cool for that, I realized that Peach must have been really smart so I decided to atleast try her (becasue that was my logic back then, Smart=Strong with Peach). She was too fun (although I really wanted Mario to be my main). Now she's my favorite female video game character. :goomba:

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not sure how I started using peach. :/

In Melee, I remember using her for whenever I fought my friends, but I don't remember HOW I got to start using her... I mean, I was pretty horrible in Melee with everyone, even with Peach. :(

But I love Peach in Brawl so much more (and many other characters). <3

Melee just wasn't my game I guess.

Just_Gabe

Smash Rookie
Because she's sexy...because Daisy's costume is hot...she's classy, and she's deadingly cute.

And a lot more other reasons :)

I frankly can't remember why I started using Peach, but I've been using her since Melee, and I think it was because I loved how often I came to tournyes and people said "Peach???" like saying that she sucked and then getting their ***** owned.

I like her because she look so innocent and innofensive but can be a real beast, and people tend to underestimate her and getting owned anyways.

A true femme fatale :) (or whatever it is called...)

About the turnip, I never pay attention to it, and I still get some really cool kills with the stitchface, like a time I was facing a MK and threw my turnip up, and the MK came gliding and I shieldgrabbed it, then made an upthrow and PLUCK...dead! :p

Another epic match was when I was getting kind of owned by a Pit and in the middle of the pressure we were both on the edge of FD, and took out a bomb, and instintively threw it up instead of forward, then the Pit came to the edge and when he rolled behind me I just shielded when he started attacking me...and suddenly PUMMMMM!!! GAME SET!!! God, too bad I couldn't record it, it was just too epic, nobody saw that coming! :p

M@v

Subarashii!
Non game-play related reasons:I was looking for yet ANOTHER secodary, and I already used one princess, so why not the other? I've always been a fan of Princess Peach too. Also, I really like her character design in Brawl, in particular the dress.

Game -play related reasons : Peach plays so differently from everyone else. It was something new and different to learn peach. Also for someone who doesn't know how to fight peach it can be hell.

Also, that peach pic, where can I find the white dress one? :)

Metatitan

Smash Master
I consistently picked her up and dropped her in brawl. I mained her in melee b4 I went competitive and just spammed down smash xD. But then I learned how to space with Fair and she got super fun ^^

Moozle

Smash Champion
I saw excel's video and said "WTF POKEMON" so i tried her and did surprisingly well. I haven't put her down since then :laugh:

After playing peach for a while you'll start to notice the turnips much better. The "combo" you did could have been stitch face, but it also could have been the one with the small dot eyes. That turnip is the second strongest and has some decent knockback. Good luck with Peachie!

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I think I've just decided to pick up Peach in the Smash Bros. series because I already loved to choose her as my character in other Mario games. Mario Kart (SNES & 64, I don't like how she became a medium class after that), Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc. I just like her innocent-ness and her heart-based powers.
Fire and a squirt gun? Contradictory?
Electricity, green fire, and a vacuum? No thanks.
Farting? 'nuff said.
Vines and swimming in midair? Swimming... in midair.
Flowers and crystals? Hmm.
Eggs? Uh, ew.
Barrels and bananas? Er... no.
Bowser shells and a paintbrush? Eh.
Hearts and an umbrella. Oh yes please~ (Though I do like crystals as being something to attack with. But Daisy's kind of... bleh.)

That, and Peach is adorable. (Plus she has the Toad move, who is my favorite character in the Mario Kart series and tied for first favorite with Peach.)

That may sound like a bad idea to choose Peach in a fighting game, but I quickly got used to her fighting style.

Fear the power of love and a parasol!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Elucifur, the dress and hearts are what stop so many people from playing Peach. It's sad but true. It's good to see someone embrace it I suppose lol.

Just_Gabe

Smash Rookie
Elucifur, the dress and hearts are what stop so many people from playing Peach. It's sad but true. It's good to see someone embrace it I suppose lol.
Lol, maybe. My gf constantly makes fun of me for using a girl in a fightning game and a "gay" character (luigi).

But it's her innocence and girlish behaviour that makes her more deadly ;)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I've mained Peach since I first got Brawl (I never got to play Melee :(). The main reason was just because I liked her playstyle really, and also I loved her float ability. I was like 'I remember this from Super Mario Bros. 2. It's so cool!' and for ages I kept using float way too much! :laugh: Plus it has embarrassment factor if you win. Not playing Peach in Melee probably has some advantages for me (for a start, I don't madly miss her DSmash and FThrow like everyone else does here).

The only downside to playing Peach is that if you're a guy people automatically assume you're either gay or bisexual. Granted, I am bisexual (I'm sure that most of you are attractive:chuckle:), but there are probably plently of straight male Peach players here.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I've mained Peach since I first got Brawl (I never got to play Melee :(). The main reason was just because I liked her playstyle really, and also I loved her float ability. I was like 'I remember this from Super Mario Bros. 2. It's so cool!' and for ages I kept using float way too much! :laugh: Plus it has embarrassment factor if you win. Not playing Peach in Melee probably has some advantages for me (for a start, I don't madly miss her DSmash and FThrow like everyone else does here).

The only downside to playing Peach is that if you're a guy people automatically assume you're either gay or bisexual. Granted, I am bisexual (I'm sure that most of you are attractive:chuckle:), but there are probably plently of straight male Peach players here.
Let's see there's me and edrees and..................

That is a very good question actually. Which peach mains are straight?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

I am

Let's see...I think it was back when I didn't understand how Smash worked, I just spammed special moves. Then I decided to use Peach in an FFA on Melee on Hyrule Temple. I found out how to Float and it turned out that my friends couldn't catch me cause I was Floating everywhere and making it annoying to hit me. I thought that was pretty cool and we all had a laugh and I quite enjoyed the Floating ability

And thus, it begun

2500th post :D

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Oh, Uncle Yaaay is gonna tell a story!

I was like... 9 or something. My friend asked me if I wanted to play with him. We were playing outside, but the weather was getting baaad. So we went to his place and got on his Gamecube (I didn't have one) and we played Super Smash Bros Melee.

I loved (and still love) fighting games. So, of course, I really liked this game. Anyway, I was looking for a character to use. Then I saw Princess Peach and I was like 'LOOOOOOOOOOL, Princess Peach who always gets kidnapped? XD'. I decided to pick her.

My friend warned me that Peach was very bad in Melee (lol, we were nine and he was stupid), but I wanted to play her. So we played. And what is the first thing a noob does? Right. Specials. I did her Side B and I fell in love with it. HA-CHA! HAAAA-CHAAA! HACHA! I also spammed Fsmash. Now I'm asking myself why I didnt spam Dsmash ;l.

Some years later I got Brawl and still decided to Peach. And her Side B and Fsmash were even better ;p. And I learnt how the side step. I spammed that too. Then I fought lvl 9's, but I kept getting owned DX. So I watched the Lvl 9 CPU Peach, and she taught me how to float and stuff. And then I came here and learnt more.

/Storyofmylife

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I'm straight. I like female breast and booty as well as the female figure on a female. Males don't give me this kind of attraction females do.

And as for the topic. to start out with Peach, best to know the character fully and what she can, can't do. And a good dose of that is to check out my Peach guide. Then Just play around in training mode.

Then you got the hang of Peach, next step is to learn how to fight characters, the match ups and what you can/can't do in them. Now this takes a while. So don't rush it or fell down about yourself if you can't get it right, it is not easy.

Once you get that down you are good to go. What is left? How you decided you wanna play her. Agressive, defensive, lil of both styles? That's all on you. Peach can do so much. Chick is a mindgame character. so you can have so much fun doing so much and messing people up, I kid you not. Now being good at all of this all depends on you. And tournament experience helps with that. Going there you will play alot o people. And playing people who kick your azz for your habits alot will make you get off them habits in do something better in place of them, thus you get better, get closer to **** or jst start beating the **** out of people.

Then your level of competition gets step up and then they beat you up more than what the others did to you. then you noticed, you have to step it up., so you figure out what the deal is cause these people are abusing you so much for it. Thus you get better some more, and all these mindgames and strats kick it. you can learn to read peoples strats or habits and YOU be the one abusing them for it. And you get a lil better cause your observation has increased. And you can learn when to switch it up from this.

Then with all the tolls and stuff that peach has, all these ideas kick in, you become creative, you mess with peoples head, you play Peach like the drunken master, all these tools and tricks you got you use them in such good ways to confuse your enemy and do well to even get wins off in match ups that are not for you.

Peach is like a penciel and Paper. you have all these ideas for a sick manga to created. So you get to drawing, then with this drawing you add more detail and affects, then add more characters to it, then created the story, and while making the story up, more ideas come to your head and you add them on paper, and your manga just grows and becomes more epic. That's is how Peach is like. you creative your own style in many ways. You don't have to play by the typical book of Peach, screw that, do your own stuff eh?

Damm I just realized I set the mean foundation that was not really needed, Ha ha ha!

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
So now I decide I need a cool sig and cool pictures of Mario/Link/Zelda/Sheik/Falcon. Too bad there's almost no Mario pictures, but hundreds of Peach pictures. Well after finding tons of awesome Peach pictures, I jokingly thought that I should main Peach just so I could use one of these pictures...
So you started using Peach because she had sweet pictures? Well that's original xD.

As for myself, I'm the same as a few here in that I carried over from Melee. I really wasn't very enthralled with Melee coming from 64, but I always found Peach to be pretty fun. My perception of Melee changed when I learned about all the adv techs and stuff, and I began seriously messing with characters. After viewing the tier list I saw that Peach was pretty high, so I was like "sure why not??" My decision was only strenghtened as I learned more about her.
- holy crap she can float!! fuuuuuuun
- holy crap fair is amazing!!
- turnips are amazing!!
- I don't have to bother learning advanced techs!!
- DSMAAAAAASH

My time spent learning melee peach was probably the most fun I've had with a video game ever xP.

Come Brawl and I picked Peach up because of how much I enjoyed her in melee. Things were kind of up and down, with me loving her sometimes and hating her other times. I actually seriously tried to quit her at one point...... but that didn't work lol >______>. After messing with quite a few other characters (which was an excellent experience) I came to main her again.

I raise you

EDIT: ****, I just realized that her bust here is.... abnormal o_____o. Oh well still love the style!

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Metatitan said:
...I'm not, but that's not the reason I chose Peach. I chose her since the beginning of Mario games. The other choices were middle-aged plumbers, primates, dinosaurs, spiky-shelled turtles, and cute little mushroom people. But Toad's not playable. :(

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I think when I first played Melee I played Zelda and then Peach (cuz I wanted to see their playstyles). I ended up hating both. However, after a while of playing, I decided to just main her having the mindset, "Wouldn't it be funny if I mained her and beat my friends with Peach?" Beaten by a girl running around on a battlefield with a dress on? Then I started playing her again, and I liked her unique playstyle! Took me a while to like her in Brawl though. :/ I played Pit for a while as he is basically the closest thing you'll get to Peach (good recovery, steep learning/mastering curve, projectile special, decent range, and HIGH VOICE YAY! lol). After a while I made myself play her again (probably to get that one Masterpiece lol).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
No no no no... I'm very disappointed in you guys. You have just forgotten the #1 rule for Peach.

REAL MEN USE PEACH!

@ Dark; I couldn't have said that better.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
I raise you

EDIT: ****, I just realized that her bust here is.... abnormal o_____o. Oh well still love the style!
Google "sigurdhosenfeld" because I don't think I can link to his gallery thanks to a couple pictures. x_x

Example: James and the Giant Peach. I laughed.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I've just always been good with female characters in any fighting game honestly, not just smash. Peach seemed to fit my playstyle perfectly so I just stuck with her.

I'm glad I did...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6McK1OqrUk

I know this happend a long time ago but I couldn't have done it without my girl <3.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I never thought I will end up maining Peach in Brawl. In melee, I liked Peach a lot, but as I saw the tier list, I quit her because I didn't want to be overpowered. My last Melee main was Ness and it was very difficult to win with him for obvious reasons.
In Brawl, as I saw so many new and interesting characters, I thought my main was going to be one of this: Lucas, Pit, Diddy, Rob, Pokemon Trainer. I tried them all. I still like many of them. My first main was Pit, then Kirby, then Sheik/Zelda. I was a nightmare to my friends with Pit. I won a small low level tournament with Kirby. I mained Sheik/Zelda for a year (when I didn't have the game yet). I felt something was missing. She was too light and too weak with her attacks. I really enjoyed her agility and running speed. That ninja feeling. I still like it, but... the problem was.. her specials... I wanted a character that could have some sort of projectile, a counter, a body launch attack and a "dragon punch" attack. Peach had all of them, and a Final Smash that could heal and/or hurt. She wasn't that light or that weak. And she has an unique movement skill which is float. With all of her moves combined, the possibilities are endless. She is very fun and diverse.
I love turnips and their randomness. Common turnip are useful and you don't know when you can get a bomb, beam sword, stitch face or dot eyed turnip to give an extra hand. I also love her 3-way Fsmash. Its randomnes is fun. The sounds of the 3 attacks are awesome and funny.

Non-gameplay reasons:
Also, I love her as a character. I am STRAIGHT as hell. But I often use women on games becuase I cannot help it, I am attracted to them. I am not them, but I am with them. I have a weakness for cute innocent girls (Bleach's Inoue, Naruto's Hinata, etc). Peach is lovely and I like her voice. I like her hot legs. Her dress is beautful. I like that she is so feminine (she dresses in pink!) and wields the power of hearts (and peaches). It is so nice that you get to eat peaches to recover. She is sweet n_n

Recently, I made a thread called "The character statistics thread" and on my research I discovered that Peach is the worst on 2 things: Jump height and Air Dodge. She is also very floaty (which is not necesarily bad but it is not balanced). I was thought on changing to a more balanced character like Lucas, Rob, or Wolf, Yoshi.

I recently changed to Yoshi... because I noticed I enjoyed a character that could move fast on ground and air. Yoshi is well balanced in weight-speed and has nice attacks. I main him now. But I will always remember Peach with my heart.

Wannabe Zombie

Smash Rookie
The reason why I chose Peach is because of the looks on peoples faces when they hear the announcer scream out her name. And I guess it doesn't help she's the best character in the Nintendo franchises. The first time I used her, it was love at first play. I liked that when she attacked, she'd make these innocent noises following a death blow, and all her random weapons. I also thought it was funny that they made a woman's hips an attack lol. Peach is just that much of **** needed to catch people off guard imo, and she's never failed.

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Digital ***. That's why. And because people feel ashamed after losing to Peach. Before the match, they're like, "lol wut? Peach sux." Then they get curbed stomped by Dthrow Utilt.

Dannibis

Smash Rookie
i'm not going to lie i was sold after using and hitting with fair for the first time in melee the list of reasons grew quickly as i played her more and she became one of my better characters

didn't really pick her up till in brawl till pho got alot better than me with T.L.

one of the things i love about her is that she has a really indirect style of fighting ntm all the tricks she can pull with floating and turnips

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I've just always been good with female characters in any fighting game honestly, not just smash. Peach seemed to fit my playstyle perfectly so I just stuck with her.

I'm glad I did...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6McK1OqrUk

I know this happend a long time ago but I couldn't have done it without my girl <3.
<3

haha that's so awesome

then again

i could hate you for picking on us ice climbers mains >:C

I started playing Peach she was always so hard for me to beat. I main IC's in melee and Shelda in Brawl. I always had trouble beating her, so I was like "Dammit, if she's that good, I'm going to use her."

She's now my secondary in both games.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I played Melee and mained Fox for a while so I already have suitable tech skill to just say "I can pick up anyone who I feel like learning in Brawl", so I just picked Peach after using Ness for a little while and stuck with her. I'm just slowly polishing and refining my game with her to outplay any previous or potential obstacles when it comes to matchups.

My love for tech is driving me toward Diddy as well, so I'm working on subbing him too.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Originally in Melee I used Kirby because he was cute and pink, and at the time I thought Peach sucked (I didn't know anything about her then). But the one thing that made me choose Peach for fun was her Float abilities. Even though I hated her, I loved the Floating, it was so cool since she was the only character that could do that (but now we have gliders! :mad:). So eventually I just chose to stick with her when I learned more about her and had more fun :).

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I chose peach because she had a Daisy palette, which also made her look darker. This hooked me because,
A) I've always used the female characters (Because of streets of rage, and my cousin always picking adam before me I was always stuck with Blaze )
B) There aren't too many african american characters from nintendo I know of other than what ? Devdan (who sucks REALLY bad in FE10? (even though everywhere else Daisy is REALLY pale.)

C) I enjoy seeing a female in games instead of some Big sweaty muscled out dude wearing a red head band, shout about fuit cake. >_>

Yeah I went there QCF + P me about it...

Top Bottom