• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TGM...The Great Mistake. Yeeaaahahahahaha.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
anyone want to wifi around 5pm? i dont really like wifi (lag) but i gots no one to play with :urg:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Super Mario Kart.

Story: win races.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's spelled OCARINA.

And you call yourself a Zelda fan.

How disgraceful.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You should be playing those Zelda games that you havnt beat, like orcarina of time
I have the emu for it on my Wii but the roms don't work. So if someone could help me with that then I'll play it.

And wtf is an ORCARINA?! QUIT TOON LINK NOW!!!!!!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ally consistently beats every D3 in the world he runs into in tournament since Azen. That is snakes worst match-up.

He then goes and gets 3-1ed twice by ADHD who uses Diddy. Ally has played ADHD in tournament and other times and never lost against him. Snake is arguably diddys hardest match-up, or so the diddy backroom thinks anyways.

So you see a snake player beat his worst match-up with 100% consistency then lose a national to a Diddy, a much better match-up for snake.

You might as well make match-up ratios on how the best of a certain character does vs the other best, because they DON'T MATTER. As long as it's not a blowout(DDD vs DK for example) it really doesn't matter much. How both players are playing, reading each other, adapting, plays a MUCH bigger role. Actual results don't even support most match-up claims and pinning a number on something like that in a game that involves reading your opponent more then anything is pretty much pointless. This community is obsessed with match-ups.
I agree that match-up ratios don't matter at the highest levels of play if it's not worse than 60/40 (Azen ***** Sheik with Marth in Melee, to add to your examples).

But CO18 ***** Ally 3-0 in Dedede vs Snake at Genesis and Seibrik beat him twice 3-1 or something like that after losing once at Apex. >_>;

It's funny that Ally just keeps beating the best overall Dedede, lol...

What I am saying is that if you don't understand how to fight against your opponents character as well as they know how to fight against your character, regardless of whether it is MK or not, that that issue is a player issue not a character issue. That's like saying "Yeah MK beats our character 6/4, but if you're lucky and he doesn't know the matchup, you can win." If you're talking about pure matchups, obviously you are supposed to assume both players know what they are doing.

I understand how to beat Marth as Wario almost better than Any Marth knows how to beat Wario. That doesn't change the fact that my matchup is around 6/4, even if I personally might have an easier time winning because they are "clueless" on how to play the matchup. Any time I beat a Marth player, instead of being glad I overcame my bad matchup, I realize that they could have beaten me if they had played the correct way, and often I will even give them tips on what to do better next time. It's one thing for people to go "Yay I beat a MK with such and such character", but the celebrations will be over once he actually figures out what to do. Will MK flat out **** every character once people learn his matchups? Who knows.

Hylian, the community is obsessed with Matchups, and a large part of it is because of how heavy/influential Counter Picking is (That heavy Counter Picking is based on... the matchups). You can't argue with matchups if one character flat out doesn't have the tools to beat the other. I know for a FACT that Wario does NOT have the tools to beat Marth. He doesn't. No matter how good I play or how bad my opponent plays, the fact remains that when you get two people who know their s***, Wario does not win.
Nobody cares about 60/40. That might as well be even. Anything not worse than that depends significantly more on the players than the match-up. Hylian is totally right.

Based on your claim, an intelligent Marth 100/0's every Wario. Clearly false. It's 60/40, thus the players matter more.

To be honest. I wish MK was still legal here. I really don't know the MU very well at all and that's kinda sad because Sheik has a near even match-up on FD/Smashville/PS1.

Metaknight isn't that bad. I know I'm gonna get ***** by him for a while, but look at everyone else that has conquered MK. Seriously, if you main main MK or whatever, ask if your opponent if you can use him during the set. It should still follow the same rules as other banned things like stages, amirite?
qft

Buuuuut I'm going Ike. :)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
First day of school was good. I met alotta new people, and got 3 numbers sonneh boys. :)

How was err one elses'?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
First day of school was good. I met alotta new people, and got 3 numbers sonneh boys. :)

How was err one elses'?
Mine was boring. With the exception of watching The Breakfast Club in 3rd period (the only period that was over 15 minutes for the first day) there wasn't much except finding that I pretty much have the easiest schedule possible for a magnet student. (Well, it could be easier, but I'm happy with mine. Only 5 classes, and 3 of them are blow-off classes).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Besides HOBO6, where I went ALL MK, when have I gone MK to win a tournament match?

Get the **** off Ozz.

We don't even have an OVER-abundance of MK's. If you don't like losing to an MK, don't play the game. Nobody is making you play this game, so leave if you don't like it. Don't try and manipulate it. The only people who whine about metaknight are people who:

A. Main low tier. This is understandable to an extent, but if you have a low tier main, it's important that you have a secondary for bad matchups. Get over it, or quit.

B. Lose to players that CP meta 2nd round. Learn to beat him. Like, wtf. It's been a year and a half of MK abuse and if you're still losing to MK at/lower than your skill level then you shouldn't be playing this game. Get over it, or quit.

The whole debate needs ro be left alone, to be completely honest. DMG/Hylian, y'all need to argue in person, instead of flooding a game forum. Although I agree with you Carl, it's not very refreshing at all to get on in the morning and see more of this stuff. I'd like to see some smashers actually handling issues in person. This is silly guys.

Wait....are you seriously getting mad at me even though I was directly quoting ALLAN when I brought up your name. HE is the one that keeps bringing you up, and I was just quoting him. wrong person your getting mad at, son.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
crono trigger

final fantasy 6

super mario rpg

donkey kong country/super mario world

have fun :)
played super mario rpg and donkey kong country/super mario world

i think i'm actually gonna play FFII or in the japanese FFIV

also i just got my gameboy color and copy of pokemon blue in the mail <3

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I met a lot of people that were playing barlw in the Student Center....they failed epically....

They need to learn how to play a real game...like melee ^_^

But seriously...I don't think I'll get that much better playing them alone....so someone(s) (<---lololol) should come with me to that Twizted guy's house place in Clear Lake to get ***** by someone who doesn't even play this game...and possibly learn how to play a real game.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I met a lot of people that were playing barlw in the Student Center....they failed epically....

But seriously...I don't think I'll get that much better playing them alone....so someone(s) (<---lololol) should come with me to that Twizted guy's house place in Clear Lake to get ***** by someone who doesn't even play this game...and possibly learn how to play a real game.
lol you could barely beat me the few times you did beat me and i'm TRASH at this game.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Rude attitude about what?

Lol but I still beat you...and I don't even have a main in that game...well I guess it would be Marth since no one else is the same. And I don't remember you ever winning when I was choosing characters other than Marth

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Yeah for sure one on one vs the same person gets dull. I already got one other person that is for sure

Broly

Smash Lord
Rude attitude about what?

Lol but I still beat you...and I don't even have a main in that game...well I guess it would be Marth since no one else is the same. And I don't remember you ever winning when I was choosing characters other than Marth
ya never accepted my mm sybawave, in a ''real'' game of melee.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
dang gness going to animefest? LOL how many anime conventions can you attend in 1 year gness didnt see you as a big anime fan either. Dang EXPOSED!!
I don't really think it's the anime part he's worried about so much as it winning free money, lolz! ;)

Suspect

Smash Hero
i was gonna go to anime fest

but then i spent all my money at arcade UFO

and then i found out gness was going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom