• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
It's not about losing players, it's about our top players losing tournament experience against Dojo. You really think Gnes or Razer are satisfied beating Dojo's Diddy/kirby? They are as good as they are for a reason. They don't settle for an easy win. They want to improve.
This. Also, waiting for allan to respond to why 2 players can't agree on using MK in their tourney set.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You said IC's don't lose to MK. I offered a MM so you would have a fair chance to persuade me to think likewise. I personally do not think they beat or go even with MK. If you were to win, I would be more inclined to believe that they can do that well against MK.

Matchups matter, ESPECIALLY at high level play. Hell that is what matchups are supposed to be BASED off of lol. When we see M2K run out the clock on Meep, we're supposed to go "Hey, that looks pretty accurate matchup wise, and kinda gay."
You should play lain then, not me. He lost to M2K at Snes because he messed up a cg first round, then won second round, then lost on RC which he could of won if he knew how to buffer his CGS so nana didn't fall through when he got grabs.

Regardless, there is a difference between thinking about match-ups and caring about them which is my point. Too many people care. Being disadvantaged doesn't mean you will lose, even if you are around the same skill level.

TGM

Smash Lord
For example, when DMG and I met at Game Exchange tournament, we played Duelist 2/3.
Another example, I know of some people who just flip-a-coin or play RPS instead of playing out their match (for w/e reason, but yes it happens).

I've never seen a TO say "No you guys can't just flip-a-coin or concede to the other person, you MUST play out your match with my rules." Imo, I think that's silly.
Well if its legal at those events its fine, i am not against it and i will not make fun of the TO or the players. However, at my events duelist/flip coin will NOT be allowed as grand finals.

as for the meta thing, read below. I have had a change of heart.

Well, if you want to use my match as an example. Dojo used kirby on me. I beat him game one, he won game 2, then game 3 was played to the timer, with him winning. So him not having MK, just made it much harder for him, cause he didnt have his main, but he still won.

Also, you still didnt answer my question, why cant both players agree?
I take it back, if you to want to do meta vs toon link and throw away a match, thats fine(its your money your throwing away). However, i WILL not allow it on any of the IMPORTANT matches(winners/losers/grand finals) and meta will not appear next to dojo(or whoever uses meta) on the results.

Why are you so insulting? NO ONE deserves to beat someone else. NO MATTER WHAT. Victories are not pre-determined. Anyone can play better in a match. All that matters is who won. Skill means absolutely nothing if you don't win with it. Saying that anyone doesn't deserve to beat someone is incredibly condescending and rude.

What is this deal?

If player ABC beats XYZ's main on any given day then ends up losing the set due to XYZ simply switching to metaknight(this happens) ABC was robbed of his win. XYZ does not deserve that win. Its one thing if XYZ stayed his main and ABC screwed up and got his *** beat. But to have XYZ switch to metaknight and erase the CP factor and pull of a come back win.....**** that ****. Those days are over, son.

GNES: no. the "enviornment" is created by YOU and the foe. YOU TWO CHOOSE how much you want to "try" or "not try." That john is ages old and is complete BS. Man up(not you, but everybody) and take it serious.

KYLE: Ban metaknight, your scene will expand and your players will have more fun. Its worth a shot.

Hylain: My goal is not to cater to the select few. My MAIN goal above ALL else is to expand the scene while still keeping it fair and competitive(this means cater to the PUBLIC) . By banning metaknight i have seen my attendance increase by 20 each time and the over all feed back has been better too. And thats with next to no extra advertising.

As for the deal:

HOBO 12=dojo got 9th
HOBO 16=dojo got 4th
HOBO 17=dojo got 3rd

What would happen if dojo got 2nd or first at HOBO 18 or 19 or World HOBO 2? What would that do to the pro ban argument? What if he beats another WELL KNOW/Highly skilled oos player with his then 4 tourney old diddy in bracket or MM? In other words, what if dojo was actually DOJO again but without metaknight? I would most probably be forced to allow metaknight again.

Suspect

Smash Hero
No one in san antonio wants mk banned with the exception of like 2 people and we only have 1 mk player. Kyle DO NOT ban mk.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What would happen if dojo got 2nd or first at HOBO 18 or World HOBO 2? What would that do to the pro ban argument? What if he beats another WELL KNOW/Highly skilled oos player with his then 4 tourney old diddy in bracket or MM? I would most probably be forced to allow metaknight again.

:):):):):):):):):):)

Pressures always on dojo lol. But I'll never lose faith in him :).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I think we should bring back mk, but only under 2 conditions

1. Switching to meta during a tourny set is banned. U either pick meta game 1 and stick with him throughout the set or don't use him in the set at all. However u are allowed to switch FROM meta to another char.

2. Ban planking is already taken care of by ledge grab rule. So we need to find out a way to ban excessive air camping (with intentions to run the clock)

I only think meta should be banned cause I think he breaks the cp system. I think he's definetly beatable on neutrals

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
KYLE: Ban metaknight, your scene will expand and your players will have more fun. Its worth a shot.
No one in San Antonio plays a good metaknight anyways. Espy and K Prime always cover 1st and 2nd, and they don't even play the top 5. And if a scrub cp's MK against you and you lose, no johns learn the matchup or play another character. That's the law of all games. Yes there are scrub metas in San Antonio but they don't change the results much anyways.

In all honesty, a Metaknight ban is VERY irrelevant to my scene. We're more concerned about keeping regular smash fests and tourneys going at the moment because Gamelot is being difficult.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
So, all dojo has to do is win one of your events? Or get second. Ok dojo, make it happen, we are all doing this pretty much for you, so you finish it off lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
tgm, ppl will start throwing matches, i dont agree with the deal imo
You think people like Mikehaze would throw matches against Dojo? Or that he's not good enough to place top 3 again?

lol.

TGM

Smash Lord
So, all dojo has to do is win one of your events? Or get second. Ok dojo, make it happen, we are all doing this pretty much for you, so you finish it off lol.
lol

good call!

ive thought about that already. remember, i am the ULTIMATE say-so on the matter so i will judge and see if they are giving free wins. if i feel wins were given out(in the case of mike vs dojo, dojo earned the **** out of that fight) ill not count it.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Kk. So other top players like lain and adhd travel all the way to TX just to throw their match to Dojo, one person, just so he can get unbanned in OUR region.

Hmmm.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How about you just cancel it instead?

Things like this shouldn't be done by deals.

TGM

Smash Lord
You know what, i thought about it again. If a CERTAIN SOMEONE is willing to throw matches vs ally then why wont any other meta main?

DEAL IS OFF!!!!!!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
This arguement about mk could all be simply avoided
Dojo is a mk main,cool,he says he mains mk
We can all name 12 people who cp mk

Tx has 1 "mk main" and 15 regulars who cp mk when losing

If tx wasn't a ****** then there probably wouldn't be a big problem

Personally,if idk,light, came up to me and picked mk match 1 I'd be like,ok let's do this,but if he picks his "main" and maybe loses then goes mk,its gay

That goes for the other 15,its like a silly plague,it just skews results.

And holds back the community

And both players

Mk is like steroids and certain people are weak and subjectable

If you main mk that's fine whatev,but tx is just a mk cp state

I usually don't agree with allan but its not like this is "xyro xyro xyro" its just "no mk"

Just like a drug free zone.

Expand your minds.

If sbr banned mario day 1 nobody would argue

If allan banned mario you'd go nuts

Everyone should just take the ban for what its worth

Its not being able to use a specific character in specific matches in a specific city.

Doesn't make you worse.dojo prob get "dojo good" without mk,and the only thing we lose is the mk cpers

Sounds neat to me

Post legit*

Broly

Smash Lord
ehh, dojo is very good, but whos not to say razer or gnes would give their mches away at losers finals or GF for split pot or an agreed amount of dojos winnings just to see mk unbanned?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ehh, dojo is very good, but whos not to say razer or gnes would give their mches away at losers finals or GF for split pot or an agreed amount of dojos winnings just to see mk unbanned?
It doesn't matter, it's off.

TGM

Smash Lord
see?

kalo makes a great post
jerm is happy
im sorta happy
the public is free form the cheap ****

it all works out in the end!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: yea broly thats exactly what i thought(again good call dude) so the deal is off

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
HYLIAN,

I have a request.

I'm not trying to argue.

I just want to know.in one post.

Exactly what you want,and why
And I don't mean "mk banned" or "mk not banned"

I haven't read the whole argument,I just want to know why you want,mk "not banned" right?

Is it because banning him hinders our mk exp,or changes results in a way that mk doesn't affect them,or that it makes the tourney non sbr certified? I just want to get on the same page soi can "discuss"

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Someone plz go back and read my previous post and give feedback cuz I think it's a good compromise that will both stabilize the cp system and cut whining in half while not affecting the metalnight mains

TGM

Smash Lord
HYLIAN,

I have a request.

I'm not trying to argue.

I haven't read the whole argument,I just want to know why you want,mk "not banned" right?

Is it because banning him hinders our mk exp,or changes results in a way that mk doesn't affect them,or that it makes the tourney non sbr certified? I just want to get on the same page soi can "discuss"

Prepare yourself!!!!!!!

Magik0722

Smash Champion
but your idea of stealing wins can still happen even if MK is banned.

Heres an example
In the RGV there is a diddy kong player that has now started to always beat my Pkm Trainer, However in touramnets i can CP snake or falco on him, two characters i hardly play at all. In a main vs main match he beats me but i can win simply because of snake and falco being a tough matchup for him

though he may overcome this because taht diddy kong player beat a good snake in the last tournament

Suspect

Smash Hero
i would agree with you ozz but thats the point of counter picking. What's the difference if someone counter picks D3 just to beat Xyro? yea he uses low tier but still, there are counters for high tier characters other than mk, even if slight.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
HYLIAN,

I have a request.

I'm not trying to argue.

I just don't believe MK is good enough to be banned.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I feel no satisfaction from beating Dojo's alternates, even if he is still the same amazing player.

I really hope you'll allow the agreement clause, b/c I already told Dojo I'd be going Ganondorf if he doesn't use MK vs me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How cool do you have to be so that you are the best player in your state, take everyones money, use the most controversial character in smash, and then have people fight for your character to not be banned when you are the only one using them.

Dojo is too good ha.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Skool boi: the difference is xyro can cp that d3 player with charatcer AND stage but he can't cp a meta player cuz meta has no bad matchups AND no bad stages

Mainly, I think my compromise would make the community healthier

TGM

Smash Lord
Skool boi: the difference is xyro can cp that d3 player with charatcer AND stage but he can't cp a meta player cuz meta has no bad matchups AND no bad stages

Mainly, I think my compromise would make the community healthier
except that meta has SICK advantages on BF and sv. its EVEN match-up on FD and yoshis. lylat is in meta favor(if its a random) and pkmn is in his favor too(if its random). The times delphino is legal(ohsnap 5) its in meta favor big time too

wont work.

in the sbr we thought of EVERYTHING

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
How cool do you have to be so that you are the best player in your state, take everyones money, use the most controversial character in smash, and then have people fight for your character to not be banned when you are the only one using them.

Dojo is too good ha.
I say we have an MK only tournament in his honor.

The catch: if Dojo enters he can't use MK.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He would go Diddy, Dphat would take his Banana's, and run.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
@hylian: ok that's very very reasonable so this is what I have to say:

I currently believe like some others that mk ruins the cp system

Personally because at a high level of game knowledge a lot of it is shared between players

And with a lack of technical skill,or a overall community peaking factor added in,

The cp system becomes knowledge that we all know like,if I'm dk and they go d3 then I should go falco or mk

If I'm falco/diddy and they cp norfair I should go gaw or mk

If I'm getting gimped I should go mk

If I'm getting outspaced I should go mk

And basically any situation can be made better for you if you go mk.

What I just posted is common knowledge also but what I mean is,the cp system is almost "will I pick mk or not" or "will they go mk"

Like pokemon,if you have a special attacker and they have blissey your sp.attacker is useless and a waste

Wolfs best stage is said to be norfair and some other obscure characters also including mk,I really can't use it cuz they just cp mk,this happens.

So it affects everyone.

But,if you can prove to me that mk isn't the best,or most solid answer to 90% of brawl,

Then I would be against the ban,

And I hop that other pro-banners,would sway themselves if mk was no longer the "problem solver",knowlege of the game shouldn't be "should I pick mk,or not",some of us don't pick mk and some do,banning him is basically eliminating this aspect and opening a WIDE range of options,imo

Also my main point:if dojo showed up to a mk banned tourney in a bikini I think it would change the results more than if he used mk,

Idk guys take the ban for what it is.if allan banned air conditioning I'd be more upset than if he banned my character

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Xyro, meta beats samus regardless of stage. However meta is beatable on neutrals against some chars. FD with diddy/Falco/ICs etc....

TGM

Smash Lord
Xyro, meta beats samus regardless of stage. However meta is beatable on neutrals against some chars. FD with diddy/Falco/ICs etc....
what i said is the truth, no matter which char you pick. Metaknight is NEVER at a disadvantage on ANY random stage. Your plan is a good idea but it fails. Nothing works except banning him.

lol your 16, it shows.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I never said metaknight has disadvtanges on neutrals. I said he's beatable/ u have a fair chance of winning rather than on a cp stage. Lulz ur just an idiot and u don't really understand what I'm saying.

K I'm done. Put in my input and suggestions and no one listened really

U guys can continue arguing with a man who thinks he
is right even when he's wrong. Have fun

Also allan, if you weren't a *******, u would realize that my compromise is a direct solution to the problem u CONSTANTLY bring up which is- " esca/bear/etc steal wins with mk"

I did nothing but try to help u with my compromise but you chose to be ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom