• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
RGV tourney ended today.. it was so epic.

I wish Houston (BlueJ, Carnage, GNES, etc) who planned on coming would have really made it.

We had approx 40 entrants, so with you guys we would've pulled off a decent mid-size tourney.

Hopefully another time!

<3 Houston.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol Gnes, I've been playing basketball since I was 5, watching it just as much, and I've been to basketball summer camps almost every summer since then. So I know a thing or as well. :)

Smashfest update

I forgot to ask for setups! If we want this to be good we'll need setups! (Wii, SSBB, TV). If you can bring a setup please do and let me know!

Guys start calling spots for this!

CY

Smash Ace
So I'm no longer considered an Ice Climber player... YAY! NOW I'LL SWEEP HOBO 17 WITH THEM WITHOUT ANYONE EXPECTING IT! Wait... you didn't hear that.

By the way, since I've seen a few complaints about it... I wonder if Xyro should apply the "No coaching" rule to the HOBOs. Someone told me that SoCal uses it, basically to make you rely on your skill and knowledge instead of bringing your friends with you to tell you what stages and characters to pick and stuff, and how to fight their opponent.
umm if by sweeping hobo 17, you mean getting 0-2d and out, then yes, you are very right sir.

also, have you guys ever taken the poop fart gamble?

it's when you try and take a fart, but you have that feeling that some **** could come out, not just gas. have any of you guys ever taken this gamble, and did you win? basically to win the gamble, you only fart. but if you lost the gamble, you just shhhhhhit your pants.

plz share.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've lost that gamble on purpose to get the hookers out of my room.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
\also, have you guys ever taken the poop fart gamble?

it's when you try and take a fart, but you have that feeling that some **** could come out, not just gas. have any of you guys ever taken this gamble, and did you win? basically to win the gamble, you only fart. but if you lost the gamble, you just shhhhhhit your pants.

plz share.

LMAO wtf... so random and LOL.

I can always count on CY posting something absolutely unnecessary yet so hilarious. lol

heytallman

CTALL
CY, another epic post.

I will share my thoughts on this. I've taken the gamble, and always win. But I have another one for you. Ever been watching TV or at a computer or playing a game or something, and you really have to ****? But you wanna beat the level, wait for a commercial, or wrap up an online conversation quickly, so you wait it out? I've taken this gamble a few times playing Guitar Hero lol. To win this gamble is to win at the last one, you **** yourself, you lose. Never lost.

Also, jog, I'd be down for Friday, but if not, I'll probably go to the Astros game. Or play Pokemon.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Real talk

i took the gamble in jr high school during a passing period, i was sick that day.

never took that chance ever since

good thing i lived walking distance from school so i was able to run home, when ur stomach is bubbling like like you run pretty fast without care also.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
guys i wanna know if anyone is coming to my fest or if i should make other plans >_>
BlueJay and carnage said they gonna go. I'll ask quivo, but he's busy on weekends sometimes. Give it some time p4, its the first day of the week, and we just got through with another smashfest two days ago

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
More like don't get gimped.

Or don't Dsmash with Falco.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Even though i have been a victim of the effects of "coaching" i will allow it. Offering advice to a friend before/during/after a match is 100% ok. In fact, if the person loses a match and turns around to ask the crowd( who is watching) "what stage should i CP" is 100% fine with me. The public/friend is NOT always right and it does NOT promise that you will win your next match(as seen in MLG/who wants to be a millionair/the price is right/.....ect).

However, if player ABC think coaching is unfair and does NOT want it to happen during his match, he can ask player XYZ to agree on NO COACHING. If just ONE of the players do NOT want the "no coaching rule" then it is ok to recieve coaching.

To be honest, the BEST coaching can do for you is to help you with CP levels and or helping your buddy relax during a match.

My story: I was at OHSNAP4 and i was fighting foggo on norfair. Furbs was pissed because me and kown beat him and royr in teams so he went up to foggo and said " u know u can infinite samus, right????" This kind of stuff i look down on BUT thats just another reason to have that brken **** banned.

PS: lucas and ness mains, this is for you. Explain to me how marths infinite grab/release grab works. From what i understand. Its ban worthy. Ill let you decide though.

heytallman

CTALL
Marth can grab release, walk forward slightly and regrab. If you DI away, he has to walk a little bit further but can still regrab. From a grab release, Marth can Dsmash or Fsmash. If you DI away, you are in the tipper range of the Dsmash. Fsmash doesn't tipper ever but you have to guess which he's going to use or react quickly to DI the right way. Slants in the stage mess the grab release up so that he can't regrab. (Taken from the Lucas Back room)

Honestly the chain grab isn't the worst part of it. The fact that marth gets a tippered smash out of it, and that many other characters can use a KO move out of it is the worst part. Not really much you can do about that.

But what's ironic is that DDD has almost no options out of grab release, so I don't dread the chain grab becasue it's not insta-death when I get grabbed. Lol.

edit for Allan I got details from the Lucas Back room. I copied and pasted it. That's all you should need.

edit2: Only ban coaching if it results in stalling. AKA for DPhat.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
@ xyro all you do is grab, pummel, step forward a pinch and grab again. you might not have to step forward i'm not entirely sure, but it is ban worthy.

@ nefarious 4139 club valley, houston, tx 77082
if you know where PnT is i'm just 5 minutes from there.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Coaching before and after a match is cool, but during a match isn't such a good idea. It's ok when someone is just trying to give the player small pointers, but when it turns into occurrences like an observer telling a player that he is standing on a Snake C4 when the player didn't know it, the match has then turned into a battle with more than just two participants. During match coaching should not be allowed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I played against someone who asking his friend which edges of Frigate you can autosnap onto during the match. FOR REAL? The game has been out for over a year...learn to play more than starters, plz.

heytallman

CTALL
lol DPhat I was referring to you vs Flip at like, HOBO 14 or something. I was chillin eating lunch with Dojo and Razer, and I see you walking around and I was like "I bet he's in the middle of a match right now" and sure enough you walked over and were like "HEY GUYS IM STALLING" And I think you told flip you were off to get coaching or some controller john or something like that? I don't remember. But I relate it to coaching for some reason, idk.

Truly appalling. But feel free to coach yourself whilst playing. **** is too funny. "DPHAT DPHAT!!!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom