• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, I'm glad Nike got my message. Thanks for getting it for me. :)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Who's up for another smash fest?

I'll be having one this Friday coming. July 24th and this time I'll have a 20 player cap :bee:

Few rules a need to lay down though. My mom went ape on me after Pop dropped that F*** word 3 times in a row, nice and loud. So guys please, please watch your language. I know I run my mouth too, but you know how parents are. Now there is a good chance they'll be gone for the majority of this fest.

Also I'm going to run this like Gea's fest, and have a mini tourney if you guys are up for it. So how about we get some pizza for dinner? So bring some money for pizza, soda, and tourney.

$3 for pizza
$1 for soda
$2 for tourney

I'm starting this at 4:00pm, sadly I can't do it earlier but thems the brakes.
I'm ending this at 11:00 so you guys gotta head out at 11! Now I love being everyone's friend but if I need something from you guys please respect it: (such as keeping the language down and taking care of my house and such)

Okay so 20 player cap! I'm going to reserve a spot for the following, the rest of you better call a spot fast!

Gea
Gnes
RT
Tallman
Jerm
Pop
Esca (pending)

ONE MORE THING!
I can't house anyone for the night this time, sorry.

edit:

address 4139 club valley, houston, tx 77082

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Although....I might play with it...and **** it...and eat it...and poop it...and then eat it again...and then return it to you. We'll see. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
KaloKross (7:47:44 PM): 4gnes00
KaloKross (7:47:53 PM): I just saw that license plate
Tupacalypse568 (7:48:05 PM): rofl

oh i'll probably go to the smashfest, but I hope i can go to PnT too

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gnes should get a license plate that says EXPOSED. But I'm going to go ahead and assume you can't put that on a license plate in TX...

P4, I'll go, assuming I get a ride, blah blah blah, bring Wi/laptop, etc.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
@ozz i gotta know for sure because you've told me you'd come to every fest of mine and never do.

@panda you always find a way to show.

Smoom77

Smash Master
>_> This is so dumb. P4's fest is on this Friday (the day I leave to NYC), then HOBO 17 is Aug1st (The day I get back). I can't come to either...

I hate it.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Btw, I can't really think of any ICs players but me and Hylian in TX. (esca? Lol). Are there any other serious ones?
So I'm no longer considered an Ice Climber player... YAY! NOW I'LL SWEEP HOBO 17 WITH THEM WITHOUT ANYONE EXPECTING IT! Wait... you didn't hear that.

By the way, since I've seen a few complaints about it... I wonder if Xyro should apply the "No coaching" rule to the HOBOs. Someone told me that SoCal uses it, basically to make you rely on your skill and knowledge instead of bringing your friends with you to tell you what stages and characters to pick and stuff, and how to fight their opponent.

Suspect

Smash Hero
By the way, since I've seen a few complaints about it... I wonder if Xyro should apply the "No coaching" rule to the HOBOs. Someone told me that SoCal uses it, basically to make you rely on your skill and knowledge instead of bringing your friends with you to tell you what stages and characters to pick and stuff, and how to fight their opponent.
omg this

Xyro please inforce this. I see this happening so much, to me and others.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're not supposed to coach other people during a set or match. It's DUMB to see people talk to their friends during a set to get tips. You talk to people before or after a set, not during. I've even played someone who asked a friend for help DURING a tournament match. It's really stupid IMO. <_<

Esca

Smash Champion
i like coaching people because i can. and wtf penalty do you give someone for coaching another player? kick them out? for talking? wtf. jsut play ur match and lose, ***ggg.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
i like coaching people because i can. and wtf penalty do you give someone for coaching another player? kick them out? for talking? wtf. jsut play ur match and lose, ***ggg.
Says the person who always gets coached ;) Just learn to rely on your own knowledge and skill in Brawl to win instead of having to rely on other people to do it for you.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Penalize the person asking/listening for/to coaching BAM disqualified. Xyro you are a Tyrant, u got this.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Coaching is annoying. At Hobo 15, I was playing one of our Lucas/Ness players and he had a coach telling him which stage to pick and to switch to Lucas second match.

Was crap.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'd really like the no coaching. I don't study my match-ups too much, and I don't find it fair if someone told me what to do during a match. And I know I have been coached, I'm not saying I haven't.

Edit: I really doubt it, but does anyone have an games of me at Geasis?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Coaching lol. While jog and Smoom were playing their set, I was like, aw, Smoom doesn't know how to play an MK correctly, and I wanted to tell him to camp so bad, but I didn't, and I'm glad hehe. :pimp:

Xyro, you going to P4's? I doubt I'd be able to come though lol.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well, I think that was just an odd match. =/ Once I think about it, I should of just spammed desynced sh blizzards outside the mansion. He'd go up, then to fh blizzards, lol. Well, I don't like camping...

Gnes

Smash Master
bryant, odom, fisher, gasol, and bynum for your starting 5.

that's like a meta knight (kobe), 2 snakes (bynum and gasol), a diddy (fisher), and a wario (odom) for a team

gg sir
Uh...firstly what coach do u believe can win if they dont have a supporting team. NONE. Secondly, lol at Bynum doing literally anything of worth in the season and Odom being seen as good. Sooooooo overrated, just like falco.

U dont want to argue sports with a black man whos dad has been a referee for high school, college, european basketball/football/baseball for 10 yrs. It will not end well for u. ^__^

GAME SET MATCH

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Odom is definitely overpriced, but that doesn't mean he's not a versatile, solid player. He just isn't worth the $10 million a year he's asking for.

Phil is a great coach because he lets the players be the players without making rushed moves or decisions, or trying to execute so many plays.

Of course...add Artest to the mix next year and he has an even better lineup to work with LOL.

Jeez.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Coaching very rarely does anything. Most people don't know what the **** they are talking about anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom