• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

G@BE

Smash Lord
hey...

Ill be coming to this one... Ill try and play brawl but i do not expect anything big to come from it haha

if melee is played anyone want to play???

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have a the wii and the game ive decided to bring along w/ my recording hardware. I couldnt bring my tv cause my roommates use it also so thats the best i could do. Also Im gonna be taking pictures of every1 w/ my phone too to show who the trash talkers on the thread actually look like...if they walk the walk tommorow that is. Make sure to have some sexy matches for all the youtube haters tommorow. :laugh: GOOD LUCK TO EVERY1!!! Im out to practice!!
on the front page of this thread there is a photo album that has pics of most of the houston smashers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I thought i sensed someone speaking out of line about my magic.... *beast mode*

Hey giga koopa, MM?!?
MM?! yeah!! how about 10$ or more, sound good?, willing to negociate ;)

**EDIT**:
on the front page of this thread there is a photo album that has pics of most of the houston smashers.
is that so? then I will update my info later on, I can't right now since I'm at work, and my pictures are on my hardrive so...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, this is my last post of the day!!!!!!!

1. If any of you need help with directions or ANNYTHING, plz call me(409-692-0697). If i do not answer, LEAVE ME A MESSAGE OR TEXT!!!! i will call you back.

2. Plz be sure to check the rules, i have made small adjustments. If you have any questions about ANY of the rules.....POST now. Do not post about why levels are banned and why some arnt. Also, the new stage strike system is simple.....plz learn it. I will need ALL of your help explaining it to the other 80+ people attending.

3. Plz be at the venue by 1130 or 12. i will ask planet zero to let you guys in early this time. If you are coming from dallas area, leave by 8am at the LATEST!!! Austin and San antonio area should leave around 8:30am at the LATEST. Please be on time guys.

4. Fees, if you DO NOT bring a full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb) expect to pay an entry fee of 5$. If you do bring a full set-up then u wont have to pay entry fee.

5. Food!! there is a pizza place two rooms to the left of planet zero. There is also a whataburger 4 stores to right of planet zero.

6. Planet zero has the new arcade STREET FIGHTER 4!!!!!
I have a question about the rules!

First of all, yay for 5 of everything lol.

Are wall infinites such as fox shining you against a wall banned? Or rob dtilting? Ect. You don't have them listed, only the wallgrab infinites.

Just wondering. Most of the attacks that keep you against a wall can be smash DI'ed out of at around 60-80%.

I'm basically asking if things like waveshining someone against a wall in melee with fox are banned.

Since it's not in the rules I would assume not, but I don't want people to get in trouble if it is >_>.

heytallman

CTALL
If i forget u guys just remind me when were there...ill be the black guy thats by a white guy whos by the tallest asian guy in the world whos by a guy with purple/black hair with a lizard fetish *breathe*
You forgot the Tallest Man ever! And lol @ your description of Furbs. And Yao Ming will be there?

Tomorrow, Lucas is gonna ****! Singles AND doubles!

Edit: Who all is going to Axxo's smashfest? I'll be there, and I'm bringing mah pokemanz!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have a question about the rules!

First of all, yay for 5 of everything lol.

Are wall infinites such as fox shining you against a wall banned? Or rob dtilting? Ect. You don't have them listed, only the wallgrab infinites.

Just wondering. Most of the attacks that keep you against a wall can be smash DI'ed out of at around 60-80%.

I'm basically asking if things like waveshining someone against a wall in melee with fox are banned.

Since it's not in the rules I would assume not, but I don't want people to get in trouble if it is >_>.
yea the wall tilts/waveshine is ok in my book.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Furbs, I want a serious set with you. Yoshi Dittos. Let's do it!
jesus,

this is why i hate playing yoshi! every other yoshi player wants a ditto this is getting to be ridiculous!

j/k but dittos don't mean anything i never play yoshis lol

CY

Smash Ace
jesus,

this is why i hate playing yoshi! every other yoshi player wants a ditto this is getting to be ridiculous!

j/k but dittos don't mean anything i never play yoshis lol
your yoshi is trash.

but ****, decisions. go to this tournament or go to the football game tomorrow and get trashed? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ughhhhhhhh :confused:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
your yoshi is trash.

but ****, decisions. go to this tournament or go to the football game tomorrow and get trashed? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're a communist if you pick Football.

Come to HOBO, have fun, be a man and do it for the lulz.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
your yoshi is trash.

BAWWWWWW someone made fun of me on the internet, OMG

how could you disrespect me like that!? the internet is serious business! :mad::mad::mad:

i hate you i hate you i hate you!!!!

I'm gonna prove you're an arrogant by MM you! how much!??

:lick:

fyi: i love you

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I wonder if I play as Ganon more that I will be as humorous as you Lee, just don't give me cancer. :laugh:
Haha, Ganon is the key to everything

Hylian, I wouldn't mind beating the **** outta you at the tournament. When I'm done taking $100 from you, the first thing I'm going to do is pay to **** your mom, and with the $99 I'll have left, I'll buy some food, pay for my entry fees and gas, and use what's left as a make-shift fan.
I genuinely liked those comebacks; keep up the good work!

Ah I love your posts so much. :)
Anything for you babycakes ;)

y do u take dubs more seriously than singles?!
Because someone else's results count on me doing well, so I genuinely try.

I am trying to cure all this hatred with more hatred. I don't think it's working :p

By the way, come to this amazing doubles only tournament:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

Basically I and a bunch of other SBR members think 2 v 2 has more competitive potential than 1 v 1, so I'm testing out a 2 v 2 only tourney using the Swiss system (it's much better than DE bracket and you get to play more rounds!). It's going to be sexy

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Smash Fest Today!!!!!!!!!! Trance music will be playing!!!!!

Call for anything: 832-659-9561

Ppl already here:

1.~Axxo~
2.Pimpslap
3.Richy Rich
4.Onii-Chan
5.Joker
6.Spade
7.Captain Kirby
8.Tino

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Double Dave's is the McDonald's of pizza. Somehow even worse than Lil' Caesars. If tap watered down sauce, low quality bread, roaches and mediocre toppings are your thing you'll love it!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Rockettrainer-

This is just incase you didn't get my text. Let me know if i can get a ride by tomorrow morning, if you cannot take me, let me know asap so i can tell my parents that i need a ride from them. thanks

Zori

Smash Champion
ok im coming to this thanks guys for helping me get a ride >_>>>>>>>>>> ill remember that.

MM are :
hylain falco
and gnes

I don't want to mm anyone else XP.

Esca

Smash Champion
zori, please mm me? 1$

EDIT: my mms are...

Keif with teef- 1 buck.
Dojo -meta- 10doll-hairs.
Ozz- 1 buck.

XYRO VS. ESCA CINNAMON MATCH GUYS!!
Be prepared to see xyro eat cinnamon.

I still need more mm's.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Smash Fest Today!!!!!!!!!! Trance music will be playing!!!!!

Call for anything: 832-659-9561

Ppl already here:

1.~Axxo~
2.Pimpslap
3.Richy Rich
4.Onii-Chan
5.Joker
6.Spade
7.Captain Kirby
8.Tino
9.HeyTallMan
10.Some Dude
11.Bebo
12.Dawn

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Guys I'm back home in Houston! :D :D :D :D :D

I don't remember all my MMs
If you wish to MM me
Walk up to me at HOBO and ask.
And for $1, I'll probably accept :)

DOUBLE LUCAS WILL PWN TEAMS!!!!!!

T MINUS 14 HOURS

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lee harris and I will be there 100%.

Can't wait.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
oh, it's different than play n trade.

it attracts about 3 TIMES as many people.

it attracts NEW and DIFFERENT players from beyond the reaches of houston.

it's also the ONLY spot for many rare japanese arcade games. that are AWESOME.

oh yeah, it's the most anticipated tournament in the history of texas brawl.

i highly encourage you to go :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Do your best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom