• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
If you pick up Dream Team from Toys R Us you can get any game/stratguide/accessory $19.99 or less for a dollar

Denti

Smash Master
I'm going to start some Monthlies in Dallas for Brawl and Project M. You guys are more than welcome to come when it happens :)

I'm guna try my best to make it biggg. All out bby

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Night life is eh. Depends on what crowd you're trying to go with. Midtown is where mid 20's and 30's go to party at. Music genres usually go towards the EDM/Top 40. Currently the busiest spot in Houston right now. Downtown is more of the hiphop/urban crowd

Hope that helps.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Player 4 might have a point about the brawl roll and air dodge in ssb4, ill still give it a chance tho.
Its faster than brawl and tripping is gone. That means dash dancing is back as well as over all faster play. ssb4 is auto better than brawl.

Xyro77

Alan will you carry the ship for SSB4? I wonder if Gamestop will run tournaments again.
yeah I will do ssb4 events for a while as long as school/work allow. the only reason why I "quit" last time was because I was married, new baby and I was in school. well the wife became a ****ing w h o r e and I only get to see my kind like 2 times a month so my only obligation every day is work/school. This means I came back to do HOBOs/WHOBO/LSC but even then it seems you guys (tx as a whole) are not all that interested in brawl anymore and that is why I am done with BRAWL once whobo 5 is over.

You can bank on it I will never do brawl again on any major level. it may be a side event one day or something but never again will I host a brawl focus event. the game is **** and the people who foam at the mouth over it are **** (atleast in tx). My next series will be more than just smash but it will stay on the Nintendo side of the fence. None of this esports or fgc bull****.

Tesh

Smash Hero
we party all day every day tho

xyro what does nintendo have though? you gonna host smash, pokemon, mario kart and..... mario party?

Xyro77

Those 3 sound good. I may or may not do more. it depends on what comes out. we dont even know when smash comes out so there is plenty of time for other cool games to come out before then.

Pokemon
Kart
Smash

Those 3 ill try first. Pokemon/smash probably will never leave the lineup. Im thinking about injustice/cod and other games that we dont know about yet.

The only reason why i am doing this is because i have realized over the years that smash isnt enough to keep a scene alive. Especially if the game sucks like brawl does (MK/tripping/**** mechanics....ect). I guarantee you people like p4/that pkmn trainer dude from the valley and a few other smashers would have stayed going to HOBOs had i done competitive pkmn this whole time. Though they suck at smash, they **** a pokes so even if they lost in smash they would have won some pokes money.

The same can be said for kart. Do you know how many little kids (14 and younger) have gone to HOBO/WHOBO and had their pools/brackets are filled with OLIMARS and METAKNIGHT and homosexual biches like PJ who will time out a zelda even though she is over 200% with 1 stock while he has 28% and 2 stocks? That kind of bull**** makes kids not return. But a super kid friendly game like kart might keep them going to hobo because even if they get treated like poop in smash they can still shoot turtle shells and stuff.

This brawl generation (maybe its just this generation of kids) has taught me a very very important thing: most of you all are selfish and ENTITLED. You do not think about the event or TO or how your timeouts/attitudes/gay play styles/ "good ol boy" buddy systems/drugs....ect mess with the scene. Im not saying THAT is the sole reason why HOBOs/WHOBOs/Tx has died off but it is def a LARGE reason. Ask ANY player who has quit/retired/gave up and i almost guarantee they will mention some of the things i listed. Knowing this, i am adding NON smash games and it will keep the scene alive.

Tesh

Smash Hero
have you wii u owners tried out wonderful 101 yet? I just played the demo yesterday and I'm glad I held off on getting pikmin 3. This game is way more my style so I think I might preorder whenver I find a good deal for it.

People can ruin Mario Party/Kart or anything if they try hard enough. I no longer play the N64 Mario Party games because of this community.

Xyro77

People can ruin Mario Party/Kart or anything if they try hard enough. I no longer play the N64 Mario Party games because of this community.

There will always be "try hards" in every game that can be competitive. I tend to see it a lot less in **** like kart aka kiddie games. Plus, the only REAL way to "ruin" kart is to snake and i can ban that **** no problem.

Mario Party cannot be competitive and cannot be taken seriously when there is a feature that literally switches players positions with one another. The game relies more on luck than actual skill. Russian roulette is more along the lines of mario party imo. Its a matter of chance, not skill.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mario Kart is just as bad when it comes to dumb item distributions based on yoir current position.

Anyways, fun is subjective. Everyone has different opinions.

Xyro77

Mario Kart is just as bad when it comes to dumb item distributions based on yoir current position.
"just as bad" is an opinion

not all kart games have ******** item distribution like MkWii

Anyways, fun is subjective. Everyone has different opinions.
true. but mine is the only one that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom