• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
All I can say is, those kitties must be exhausted after pulling you up onto their cart who knows how many times and pushing you towards the ends of the Mosnter Hunter Universe just so they can find your body all the way back over in the Jaggi's nest.

Poor little things.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was carried until HR 4.
"I never learned even the a monster's most basic attacks or how to dodge them. I'm sure it won't be a problem later when they use the same moves at higher ranks, but they just come out faster or have some variation. I didn't even do single player because it was soooooooooooooooooo hard, how do people solo Great Jaggi?!!"

After that, I managed to get a decent lance, pumped my armor with spheres and memorize certain things monsters do so I could actually help out. it sill doesnt fix the slow *** game.
"THIS GAME IS TOO HARD FOR ME, WHY CAN'T I JUST STEAMROLL EVERYTHING!!11111!!!!?!!!!?"

it still don't fix monsters trapping you and killing you the ONE time u F up.
"Usually when I get hit, it's obviously the game's fault. It's not because I didn't learn how to properly dodge attacks back in HR1"

**** game
mh is ****
"I HAET THIS GAME, GIVE ME RESIDENT POO OR ANY GAME WITH PIRATES INSTEAD!!!!1111!!!"

I see Xyro has become casual.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I was carried until HR 4. After that, I managed to get a decent lance, pumped my armor with spheres and memorize certain things monsters do so I could actually help out. it sill doesnt fix the slow *** game. it still don't fix monsters trapping you and killing you the ONE time u F up.

**** game
mh is ****
C'mon dude you have some of the worst armor (Gobul) in the game due to the fact you like it's color and you use one of the worst and funny enough one of the slowest weapons (Lance) in the game now. If you learned patterns more you wouldn't get killed so often and really there's only a few scenarios where you can gets combo'd to death (Brachydios and Ivory Lagi comes to mind), normally you take a hardy hit and just heal up.

You have to realize you can't constantly hit the monster, you gotta hit a few, move around, hit some more and move some more, keep applying pressure and you'll get flinches and knock downs, use traps to stop monsters, use status weapons to also hinder monsters. There's tons you can do but missed out on because you don't wanna sound like a hypocrite and put the needed work into the game to actually enjoy it, you want it to be spoon fed to you like most everything else. Though not that this game can't come very easy with just a little work put in.

tldr
there's really no reason why you should be getting trapped and dying due to one mistake, and the game is slow due to your weapon, and you still need to realize that this isn't a superhero game, they're normal human hunters.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
All I can say is, those kitties must be exhausted after pulling you up onto their cart who knows how many times and pushing you towards the ends of the Mosnter Hunter Universe just so they can find your body all the way back over in the Jaggi's nest.

Poor little things.

ive never died from a jaggi. get yo story straight before u fail at making me look bad, u computer nerd rat faced butt eatin' jew boy.

"I never learned even the a monster's most basic attacks or how to dodge them. I'm sure it won't be a problem later when they use the same moves at higher ranks, but they just come out faster or have some variation. I didn't even do single player because it was soooooooooooooooooo hard, how do people solo Great Jaggi?!!"
damn RT, u need to work on your MH skills.

"THIS GAME IS TOO HARD FOR ME, WHY CAN'T I JUST STEAMROLL EVERYTHING!!11111!!!!?!!!!?"
pop quiz: what does construction work and monster hunter have in common? NOT A STEAM ROLLER! Why are you so dumb, YOU JACK WAGON @$$ DRAGON 55 YEAR OLD RHINOCEROS RAPIST?

"Usually when I get hit, it's obviously the game's fault. It's not because I didn't learn how to properly dodge attacks back in HR1"
*puts on "how to MH like a god" movie found on NetFlix*

A fine looking gentleman with a speedo+necktie walks up to the screen, tilts his head inwards towards the screen and whispers with a seductive smile, "Lance users cannot dodge. they can only hop......like bunnies."

*credits roll*

"I HAET THIS GAME, GIVE ME RESIDENT POO OR ANY GAME WITH PIRATES INSTEAD!!!!1111!!!"

I see Xyro has become casual.
spoilers:

pirates and resident evil isnt casual.

go back to your fukcing ANIMAL CROSSING you casual game asian bich.

C'mon dude you have some of the worst armor (Gobul) in the game due to the fact you like it's color and you use one of the worst and funny enough one of the slowest weapons (Lance) in the game now. If you learned patterns more you wouldn't get killed so often and really there's only a few scenarios where you can gets combo'd to death (Brachydios and Ivory Lagi comes to mind), normally you take a hardy hit and just heal up.

You have to realize you can't constantly hit the monster, you gotta hit a few, move around, hit some more and move some more, keep applying pressure and you'll get flinches and knock downs, use traps to stop monsters, use status weapons to also hinder monsters. There's tons you can do but missed out on because you don't wanna sound like a hypocrite and put the needed work into the game to actually enjoy it, you want it to be spoon fed to you like most everything else. Though not that this game can't come very easy with just a little work put in.

tldr
there's really no reason why you should be getting trapped and dying due to one mistake, and the game is slow due to your weapon, and you still need to realize that this isn't a superhero game, they're normal human hunters.
thanks for the help today. the sword/shield is pretty zesty and the armor will be good too once i get the full set.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's okay Xyro. You have yet to realize that your attitude to MH is the exact same type of attitude noob Melee players have, which is ironic because you hate this kind of attitude.

"WAAAAAAH, TOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD"

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
The monsters in this game honestly don't do very much damage to you at all, it's pretty lenient on that, compared to past games in the series (this one was made pretty casual in that regard)

In freedom unite for example, high rank monsters do about the damage of g rank monsters in tri, and pretty much anything g rank in freedom unite can 2 shot you ez if not 1 shot while enraged at the highest levels.

Xyro77

It's okay Xyro. You have yet to realize that your attitude to MH is the exact same type of attitude noob Melee players have, which is ironic because you hate this kind of attitude.

"WAAAAAAH, TOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD"
i have never once said this game was hard.
melee is a party game we made into a fighting game. MH is an rpg. u cant compare them.
i was playing with p4 today and even he was getting hit with toxic and **** when he KNOWS how the monsters work. there is a lot in this that that when u commit to ANYTHING you get punished. dumb slow game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What bad video game players do:

-refuse to learn game basics
-blame the controls and game mechanics
-say it's too hard to play
-refuse to acknowledge own mistakes and blame game for "being cheap"

What you've done so far:
-get carried past HR4 and not learn any of the lower level monster attacks
-called the game clunky and slow
-not play any village quests and call them too hard to finish
-call the game cheap for getting combo'd to death, despite it happening <1% of the time

Congratulations, 4/4, you're certified bad.

Also, remember how you refused to play the demo to see how the gameplay would be?

So, you get a bonus point, 5/4, you're certified bad with a side of derp.

Xyro77

Allan vs Nibelsnarf

Allan vs Wroggi

Nible isnt that hard tbh. Him, gobul, royal ludroth are really easy imo.

I dont know what a wroggi is but if he is poison then i already hate him.

What bad video game players do:

-refuse to learn game basics
-blame the controls and game mechanics
-say it's too hard to play
-refuse to acknowledge own mistakes and blame game for "being cheap"
Ikaruga is deemed "hard" by 100% of the people who play it. Event those who beat it and do not get hit once. If "good" palayers say that and "expert" players say the the same thing then this proves that the blanket statement of "bad players say its too hard" for game XYZ is false.

Ive learned the games basics. i know how to hop/shield/counter/combo/combine/cook/upgrade/forge/run/taunt....ect.

I have also mentioned several things are my fault (like using a bow and the beginning) and i never blamed the game for being "cheap." Its still like $60 at GS. oh you meant as in "unfair" yea i never said that either.

And there is no way anyone can say "these controls are awesome/good/perfect" even gea said the controls are not ideal. they are def do-able but not GREAT.

What you've done so far:
-get carried past HR4 and not learn any of the lower level monster attacks
Incorrect. i got carried TO hr4. ive learned several monsters patterns. gobul/green tweety for example.

-called the game clunky and slow
the game is clunky and slow. you can help fix that by using double swords or sword/shield. oh and fight slow monsters too.

-not play any village quests and call them too hard to finish
im on hr4 in the village.

-call the game cheap for getting combo'd to death, despite it happening <1% of the time
when a gigginox hits you with toxic and u try to stand up to heal but u get knocked down again and this time you are dazed.....you die. this is just one of MANY examples (p4 mentioned 2 more iirc) of this game setting you up to die if u do one thing wrong. Hell, ive seen YOU go from near zero to death back when u played.

Congratulations, 4/4, you're certified bad.
0/4 is the correct rating.

Also, remember how you refused to play the demo to see how the gameplay would be?

So, you get a bonus point, 5/4, you're certified bad with a side of derp.
sorry but spoilers> gameplay. i will not be spoiled anymore than i have to. so F demos.

pretty sure i literally destroyed you on everything, like normal. you are just upset because i insult your **** game and how YOU can accept a **** game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, you just have **** tastes and are bad at games.

Now go back and play your "hardcore" Pirates of the Caribbean game.

Trela

Smash Lord
Oh don't worry, he never played with me anyways.

Nobody did.

I was alone.

On my ship.

And it sunk.

I can't wait until I become Emperor in the Elder Scrolls Online so I can send out ****ing Denti on all of you dumb *** mother ****ers and banish you into ****ing Oblivion.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pikmin 3 is pretty neat.

Rock Pikmin da best.

Xyro77

Nah, you just have **** tastes and are bad at games.

Now go back and play your "hardcore" Pirates of the Caribbean game.

awwww someone is butt hurt ROFLMAO

and i dont play PotC. that is trela. hes into computer nerd games. also, its a free-to-play game so it cant be "hardcore" LOL u STILL suck, rt

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's okay Xyro.

Knowing you triple carted to LR Great Jaggi auto-destroys everything you say. You lost to the Goomba of large monsters.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're johning...about Great Jaggi.

GREAT JAGGI OF ALL THINGS.

It's both amusing and sad at the same time.

Xyro77

Johning is saying "i was too tired" or "i wasnt trying." I was literally stating facts and you know it because i had the original armor and bone lance til like HR3. Jesus you dont even know what johning is and you have been in the smash scene for a while. now THAT is amusing and sad at the same time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shhhh, no need to explain your shame.

Only Great Jaggi now.

Xyro77

There is no shame. tons of people die from that and worse (ive seen people die from cats before). i don't feel bad at all.

Suspect

Smash Hero
did you like not do a single sidequest, how did u beat it so fast??

I'm at pluto castle atm, not sure how far in that is.
I didnt do any sidequests unless I needed to except for like 2. Saving the rest for new game +

you're pretty close to the end

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
idk all of em, but that one is asherah.

So I think I got neutral cause I just created a black hole that destroyed everything and now the credits are playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom