• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Thanks to one of Tallman's speedrunning tip videos, I was able to beat A Link to the Past in 5 minutes. Now I can say I've beaten that game.

I mean, I didn't actually do any dungeons or anything, but I got to the credits, so it counts right?

:059:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Xyro, if you can give me a call either tonight or tomorrow on my cell, I would like to discuss Smash 4 and the impact on our tournaments that we are going to TO in the future. I want to plan out for The Fort Worth Classic XI, but I don't know what you are going to do next year and what not, so I would like to get that straight before I go making plans.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
lolololololooloolololololololoolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
whats a goku?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
3 things.

1. you are not an old gen. you first competitive game that you went to several tournaments for was BRAWL. this means you are a new gen.

2. since you are not old gen, you cannot become ANCIENT gen, like me.

3. When brawl comes out and you pick up ssb4, you will be considered old gen.

These are the only old/ancient gens i can think of in houston that at least post here sometimes.

Ancient=Xyro (1999 literally the reason why all of you are here), Gea (late 2004 or early 2005 and played melee for years)
Old= RT/Flip (2006 and played melee for years)
New gen=everybody else

if you are trying to make yourself feel special you can say you are the "old gen of the new gen brawl nerds" because you did come around in 09, right? while some like Ford came around in 2013.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ancient gen sounds bad. It should be decrepit gen.

In other news, Breath Of Fire 6 announced for PCs, smartphone, and tablets. I'm sure fans wanted this.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Had to the put the two oldest Houston Smashers as "Old" Gen :(

Wait I was able to post on one try!?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember Sex2, where PC Chris destroyed TX. I wish I had stayed to watch GF. This was pre-2006?

The venue was poop.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I went to the last tournament at Side Effect's house. I did beat Dawn at a night club one time. T-Rex and Mr. 3000 were at that one lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Who do you use? Fox? Falco?

...Jigglypuff?

Xyro77

Razer is a typical smasher aka tier bich so i guarantee he uses fox/falco/shiek . one of those 3. or maybe hes one of those bandwagon jiggs players

and BoF 6? LMAO i stopped playing after 4. they kept getting worse. i think i played dragon quarter but gave up 3 hours into it. **** game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's the Frontier one, which means MMORPG style. Which probably means monthly fees.

PASS

Welp, MH4 will be fun without you.

Xyro77

I can literally see myself never playing another MH game unless that **** is faster or at least add a level up system of some sort. Its hard enough to deal with the one im playing now. As soon as i get the best lance in my lance tree, G rank Gobul armor and reach the last possible quest (HR 100 iirc) im done with this trash.

I want some REAL games like WatchDogs/Smash 4/Mario Kart 8/Assassins Creed 4 (pirate time!)...ect.

Xyro77

Also, for those of you that have played the Assassins Creed series, would i be missing a crap ton of story if i started with AC 3? i didnt read much into it but it seems like each game is in a different historical period so i doubt its connected. Let me know the deal.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
New Monster Hunter announced for PS3 / Wii U I wonder if it's cross system play :diddy:
America won't be getting this

I can literally see myself never playing another MH game unless that **** is faster or at least add a level up system of some sort. Its hard enough to deal with the one im playing now. As soon as i get the best lance in my lance tree, G rank Gobul armor and reach the last possible quest (HR 100 iirc) im done with this trash.

I want some REAL games like WatchDogs/Smash 4/Mario Kart 8/Assassins Creed 4 (pirate time!)...ect.
Sorry you never got good :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would be mad too if I were bad at a simple game.

Xyro77

It's not simple. It's funny how you MH nerds get insulted when I spill the beans on your poop game.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm not insulted, you're just the only one who didn't enjoy the game and I blame the fact of you never getting the real hang of it, simple as that. And yes the game is pretty straight forward.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, you're just bad with patterns.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I didn't say you didn't give it a chance, you're right 119 hrs is def a chance, but you were carried through most of it and never got the hang of the game.

Xyro77

I was carried until HR 4. After that, I managed to get a decent lance, pumped my armor with spheres and memorize certain things monsters do so I could actually help out. it sill doesnt fix the slow ass game. it still don't fix monsters trapping you and killing you the ONE time u F up.

**** game
mh is ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom