• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wii U gamepad extended battery (~10 hours)

Useful, but looks disgusting.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I agree, but it effectively doubles/triples the battery power. Appearance vs convenience.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Does it really matter how ugly it looks? You can't use it more than 30ft from the console so the world won't have to see that nonsense anyway.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Estimated is about 30ish feet.

Keep in mind, video is being outputted to the gamepad. It's far larger amounts of information than inputs from a controller...

I remember reading that during development, they wanted to test for 100ft or something like that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm becoming more and more disappointed with WiiU the more I read. I know Nintendo is iconic enough to beat Sony and Microsoft in other ways, but eventually there will be a generation of adults that grew up playing Halo, Gears of War, Infamous, God of War, Little Big Planet etc. and the Mario, Metroid, Zelda and Starfox powerhouses won't be important enough to coast on.

I think this console should have been more powerful even if it had to be more expensive. The gamepad is nearly pointless right now and should have been a non-essential add-on like the classic controller or motion plus or balance board once it became more useful.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
The gamepad is nearly pointless right now and should have been a non-essential add-on like the classic controller or motion plus or balance board once it became more useful.
That's a really strong opinion. For me, the gamepad is perfect for me since I travel between my apartment and parents house every day. My room at my parents house doesn't have access to a HDTV, so playing directly to the gamepad with no additional wires is a HUGE plus. Imagine just laying on your pillow playing a console quality game. I love it for that feature alone.

Tesh

Smash Hero
That's a really strong opinion. For me, the gamepad is perfect for me since I travel between my apartment and parents house every day. My room at my parents house doesn't have access to a HDTV, so playing directly to the gamepad with no additional wires is a HUGE plus. Imagine just laying on your pillow playing a console quality game. I love it for that feature alone.
this is a PERFECT example of something thats been done and didnt need to ship with the console. There is a wii accessory that attaches to the wii and flips open so it looks kinda like a laptop. Its a portable screen that would function pretty much as well as that gamepad (i guess aside from the weight and moving around from room to room). I'm 100% that there is a cheap wireless monitor that could be used the same if you really needed to move around while playing. If attaching directly to the wii or moving from room to room isnt important than hundreds of <$100 small TVs/monitors could easily be taken to your parents place with ease. Now imagine the same console released @ 150-200$ instead of 200-350 (really how much is the tablet adding to the cost here?) and you could easily purchase a portable TV or if you are like 90% of people who dont want to need to play on a 7 inch tablet in their laps, you could have 100+ dollars in your pocket to spend on games or food or hookers.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Jeez you are so ignorant about the WiiU. I'm not using that term as "you are dumb" I'm using it as "you just don't know."

There isn't a single piece of tech out now that can do what te WiiU can do and still compete in price. And I'm not talking about graphics.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Big deal its a touch screen. I'd much rather point my wii mote at a 70 inch TV than crane my neck down and poke a 7 inch tv.

Wii u gamepad defies the "sit back and relax" rule of gaming harder than the wiimote. Show me someone tired after a long day sitting BACK, relaxing and gaming with it and I might see it as more than a step backwards.

I know it can do stuff, I just think the stuff it does is pointless.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Jeez you are so ignorant about the WiiU. I'm not using that term as "you are dumb" I'm using it as "you just don't know."

There isn't a single piece of tech out now that can do what te WiiU can do and still compete in price. And I'm not talking about graphics.

Thought I'd just pop in and say that if I'm concerned for price and want something the wii U can do, I'll go get a GBA, Gamecube, Connector cable and Final fantasy crystal chronicles. or play tingle in wind waker. But we aren't talking about grapics here.

HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING AWESOME!!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Obviously i know of a LCD monitor attachment been there since PSX. Yeah it's not ideal bringing the system from room to room. Plus the high latency isn't ideal. It's good for casual play. Wiiu is still ahead of the curve in that sense. You can play COD Mario and other games with no fear of delay.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
QUESTION

Does anyone need a roommate? I just found out that the people I had planned to move in with don't have enough space anymore. I'll pay for rent and stuff etc. no problem. I'll be looking for a job ASAP as well.

:059:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
You could try living with Sync and them, and you'd probably be able to work at the cafe too, seems to be the popular thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom