• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
if gas wasnt so stupidly priced id be willin to drive lots of places this week
unfortunately that is not the case

and hylian

i guess $2 mm will do
poor man mm :/

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
In other news, blah. Anyone going to Dallas this weekend, for the "you should know, if you're going" event?
I'll be leaving tomorrow morning with some friends from Houston to A-Kon, I'm so excited ^^. Anyone know anything about the Brawl tournament there, besides it being best 2/3, no items? The website isn't too specific about it...I want to know prizes and such =/. I'm not going for Brawl obv, but it'd be a nice bonus for the weekend.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I just finished the first book, and oh man, what an ending.
Wow.
Anyways, I really want to go to Ceaser's fest tomorrow, and I need a ride there and back.
Is anyone willing to take me?
I can pay ten dollars gas money.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be leaving tomorrow morning with some friends from Houston to A-Kon, I'm so excited ^^. Anyone know anything about the Brawl tournament there, besides it being best 2/3, no items? The website isn't too specific about it...I want to know prizes and such =/. I'm not going for Brawl obv, but it'd be a nice bonus for the weekend.
A-kon ruleset

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Single elimination

1v1

Rules are still being decided, pending more testing for the stages. But, all characters are legal, and items are turned off. No smashballs.

Sets are 2/3, 3 stock.

Maximum players: 256
In other words, you probably won't find out what the prizes are until you get there. It'll probably be something good. ;)

heytallman

CTALL
I just finished the first book, and oh man, what an ending.
Wow.
Yeah I remember the ending to the first book. It was pretty intense. Also, to answer your question from a couple pages back, I live in SW Houston, right off of Gessner and Bellaire

Also, I just watched Hylian's new combo video made by KRDsonic. Great job making it KRD, and great job Hylian, for being a kickass player.

Here is the video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpzCjyusCw

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I remember the ending to the first book. It was pretty intense. Also, to answer your question from a couple pages back, I live in SW Houston, right off of Gessner and Bellaire

Also, I just watched Hylian's new combo video made by KRDsonic. Great job making it KRD, and great job Hylian, for being a kickass player.

Here is the video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpzCjyusCw
Thanks ^_^.

<3 KRDSonic

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Nice video. I didn't see it, so close to TallMan's sig.

That kill you got from around 2:18 to 2:30 or so was badass.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yes...i lost to pimpslap in a milk match...i will be a soldier and drink his disgusting milk infront of everyone...or at least on camera...i stay true to my words because in this world of corruption all we have is words

also its all good...i still got two more mms to go pimpslap...just two more chances to beat you

___X___

Smash Lord
HEY SMASHERS!! this is dancing fighter X

and i would like to tell you all that theres a PLAY N TRADE BRAWL TOURNAMENT

MAY 30th, friday, OREM UTAH. starts around 6:30

i heard its gonna be really big and the winner is gonna get a WII!

and like 2nd place is 100 bucks or something i dunno,

come check it out!!!!

COME!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

Popertop

Smash Champion
Oh, sorry.
I was harsh and I apologise,
but if you're going to post about a tournament in the future,
be sure it is in the appropriate thread and give proper notice.
I.e. a week/month/whatever before the tournament instead of a day.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
It's $300+ for 1st if they get full attendance, and apparently they have filled up 128 spots or so in 30 minutes, so I don't doubt it. I hope I do well :D.
Hey remember me at that tourney at Ronnies house back when. I was the jiggs, and we did jiggs dittos >_<

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, for this tournament ONLY, im giving my tournament powers to GABE. For once i want to relax and play smash. Me and dugfin can film a shiz load now!!!

Cinnamon Challengers:

Oni-Chan(ZS) vs Xyro(samus)
PimpSlap(DDD) vs Xyro(samus)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Guys, for this tournament ONLY, im giving my tournament powers to GABE. For once i want to relax and play smash. Me and dugfin can film a shiz load now!!!

Cinnamon Challengers:

I got my money on the Cinnamon :(. Gah one more week baby :D

heytallman

CTALL
Secret HOBO is no longer secret.

Sounds very interesting Allan, and although it is a tad pricey, I shall be there. Expect any OOS people to show up? Or too soon to tell?

I'm excited.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hmm... I would bring a TV to HOBO 5, but... no one would want to use it xD. It was plugged in during a storm so now it has lines across the screen at times (not bad), but when you plug it in, random things tend to turn on/off, so plugging it in may end up cutting someone's match off xD. And I'm not going to bring the normal TV :p Wonder if I should bring my wii though...

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
This tourney sounds like it will be big Xyro. Maybe announce it in the Tournament Listings? Or somewhere where OOS'ers will see it more easily.

onii-chan

Smash Ace

Cinnamon Challengers:

to make it more interesting also would like to take a challegne from me...a HOT SAUCE CHALLEGNE!!...just playin...because someone can actaully die from this in about 10 yrs...of high blood pressure...but at the time it would be the "ring of fire" for the loser...but if you are up for it let me know!

also i might bring a friend along...he is not on the boards...but wanted to check out the tourney scene in houston...surprisingly he is philipino-dutch-and mexican all at the same time :O

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*evil smile* it seems I've been getting really good with sheik. I'm thinking of using Ice Climbers only as a counterpick at HOBO5 :p Especially since there are so many Ice Climber counters. I seem to be getting better and better too. Someone I never stood a chance of beating a few weeks ago I can play at the same level with now, and someone I was at the same skill level with a few weeks ago lost every match we had today against me :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This tourney sounds like it will be big Xyro. Maybe announce it in the Tournament Listings? Or somewhere where OOS'ers will see it more easily.
OOS will not travel to a tournament with rules like this. That was made pretty clear by the backroom and top players.

What are the rules for the secret Hobo?

If you advertised it because of the venue size OOS might be intrested. But only if the ruleset was similar to other national tournaments such as AZonetwo step and FAST.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rockettrainer, i live near clements. wanna brawl on sunday?
Sure, just tell me what time. Also, I need your address again. :)

And clean out your PM mailbox. ;)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
OOS will not travel to a tournament with rules like this. That was made pretty clear by the backroom and top players.

What are the rules for the secret Hobo?

If you advertised it because of the venue size OOS might be intrested. But only if the ruleset was similar to other national tournaments such as AZonetwo step and FAST.

give me the rules and ill change mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom