• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I highly recommend Delphino be on counter-pick and Mario Circuit be banned. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The neutrals should be Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Lylat Cruise (even though everyone and their mother hates this stage). I'm pretty sure most tournaments agree on this part with a few exceptions, like Poke Stadium 1 and such.

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
good stuff today

i like how you added ...only other... in your post takeurlife haha
._.
but yea
more matches this week? melee and brawl

READYGO

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
OOS will not travel to a tournament with rules like this. That was made pretty clear by the backroom and top players.

What are the rules for the secret Hobo?

If you advertised it because of the venue size OOS might be intrested. But only if the ruleset was similar to other national tournaments such as AZonetwo step and FAST.
what are the national rules?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
pimp, you sir are not a DK. Flip is probly the only other texas smasher with a DK worth fighting =p
hmmm thats f-ed up but i guess you assume too much i'm about 200% possitive i have a awesome Dk I beat a really really good Falco with Dk and i don't think you could my friend i mained Dk for like 4 months in Melee so yeah i don't know you assume i'm not good i guess i have to proe you wrong.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
hmmm thats f-ed up but i guess you assume too much i'm about 200% possitive i have a awesome Dk I beat a really really good Falco with Dk and i don't think you could my friend i mained Dk for like 4 months in Melee so yeah i don't know you assume i'm not good i guess i have to proe you wrong.
Haha, pimp send him a trap card next time you battle! Who you plan on using next tourney dood

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The most agreed upon counter-picks would be Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Luigi's Mansion.

Whoo, HOBO next week. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I looked at he AZ and FAST thread. im gonna go with them. You guys are gonna need to check the first post for updates.

Xyro77

port town is no different than mute city in melee.

Its a moving stage that stop at certain points, like mute city. the plat form has no ledges, like mute city.
the cars can be avoided, like mute city.

peanutplanters

Smash Rookie
Sorry for going offtopic, Im a houston local looking to meet other smash players. I was at the UofH houston tourney, but have not been to any others since. Anyone in the clear lake area or surrounding areas that wants to meet up on weekends? I dont mind driving either to play smash for a few hours, always looking to get better by playing with better people.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Sorry for going offtopic, Im a houston local looking to meet other smash players. I was at the UofH houston tourney, but have not been to any others since. Anyone in the clear lake area or surrounding areas that wants to meet up on weekends? I dont mind driving either to play smash for a few hours, always looking to get better by playing with better people.
Go to planet zero tourney next saturday. You'll meet alot of people there and most likely people that live near you! Oh, Diddy vs Dk first. Beat diddy, then Dk ^_^

peanutplanters

Smash Rookie
Go to planet zero tourney next saturday. You'll meet alot of people there and most likely people that live near you! Oh, Diddy vs Dk first. Beat diddy, then Dk ^_^
Thats a good idea, Im also interested in just making some friends to play smash with on the side, you know like a friday saturday sunday type thing. That way i can practice BEFORE i goto the tourneys. Hehe. Playing online sucks and so does lvl 9 computers.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Thats a good idea, Im also interested in just making some friends to play smash with on the side, you know like a friday saturday sunday type thing. That way i can practice BEFORE i goto the tourneys. Hehe. Playing online sucks and so does lvl 9 computers.
lvl 9 computer sucking...not likely...i guess you haven't heard waht happen at the last PZ tourney...Lvl 9 Zelda was owning some really good players...she probably would be the best to play against for practice...but waych out for her godly timed attacks

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Orly Onii? I've never tried playing a level 9 Zelda, haha. Who was being beaten?

1 week! I still have some improvement to do before the tourney though.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Good news! (for me)

I now have everything I need to be able to record matches in brawl with perfect quality, so that means I'll be able to record some matches without having to use a camera that's at a bad angle.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Orly Onii? I've never tried playing a level 9 Zelda, haha. Who was being beaten?

1 week! I still have some improvement to do before the tourney though.
weren't you there...or was it that i didn't know you at that time well anyways...some guy i forgot his name went into teams with a partner...but his partner left (i guess) and he was still there without a partner so he picked a lvl 9 zelda...i also forgot who he playerd against but i know they were really good...anyway he died...and what was left was the lvl 9 zelda...she killed of of the guys and was kinda beating the other...

also KRD i want to comisson you for a combo vid...i seen the work you did for hylian and it was amazing...if you do i will make you a free sig!(that being if i make it to hobo 5)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
weren't you there...or was it that i didn't know you at that time well anyways...some guy i forgot his name went into teams with a partner...but his partner left (i guess) and he was still there without a partner so he picked a lvl 9 zelda...i also forgot who he playerd against but i know they were really good...anyway he died...and what was left was the lvl 9 zelda...she killed of of the guys and was kinda beating the other...

also KRD i want to comisson you for a combo vid...i seen the work you did for hylian and it was amazing...if you do i will make you a free sig!(that being if i make it to hobo 5)
Ok. You have to get enough battles to have enough combo video material though :p In other words, do good. I won't be able to record tournament matches if I'm in the middle of a match though, keep that in mind. I can record matches before the tourny starts though. And if nothing else, if you have wifi you could send me replay datas of you fighting that I could record.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Ok. You have to get enough battles to have enough combo video material though :p In other words, do good. I won't be able to record tournament matches if I'm in the middle of a match though, keep that in mind. I can record matches before the tourny starts though. And if nothing else, if you have wifi you could send me replay datas of you fighting that I could record.
kool i can do that...during the tourney would you record friendlies also and seeing as how i have a cinna-challenge with tgm would your also record that

Kirin

Smash Journeyman

I was there at HOBO4, but I didn't know you and I was busy watching tournament matches/doing friendlies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
kool i can do that...during the tourney would you record friendlies also and seeing as how i have a cinna-challenge with tgm would your also record that
alright. If you want I could post the cinna-challenge battle too :p

Also, I guess if I'll be recording some matches for you, I might as well have a couple matches against you. I'll be nice and won't use Ice Climbers in those :p since they're hard to combo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Port Town really should be banned. The cars are far less predictable than in Melee and do kill at insanely low percentages especially if you're light. Off the top of my head, I believe each car hit does like 20 or 30 damage and each wall/floor you hit does 10-15 plus insane knockback. There are some spots where you can get juggled by the walls or killed for touching a side wall. The level stops at random spots, so you can't predict where the cars will be. And the cars show up with almost no warning at all, especially at one spot where they run across the screen, and you can't really DI in time.

Most other tourneys do have Port Town banned without question. ;)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'll have to agree. Port Town is nothing like Mute City was. In Mute City, the cars didn't kill you at a very low percentage, and they were very predictable. You didn't have to worry about not touching things either. On this level, you can die near the beggining of the match due to the cars and the cars are pretty unpredictable, but I guess that's why it's only a counterpick then... I doubt we'll be seeing it in the tournament much, like rainbow cruise.

Xyro77

cars are easier to dodge in this game. and they are not random play the stage 3 times and u will see the times when the cars come out. memorize it, like u do with anythig else.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Allan, you want it in because you counterpick it all the time, don't you? ;)

Also, I ordered myself a new controller today. That amazing white one from Play-Asia. Hopefully it's here before HOBO 5, I got UPS 1-4 day shipping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom