• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
alright. If you want I could post the cinna-challenge battle too :p

Also, I guess if I'll be recording some matches for you, I might as well have a couple matches against you. I'll be nice and won't use Ice Climbers in those :p since they're hard to combo.
actaully there easy to beat if i use MK...he dominates them

Mks dtilt owns the taste out of them

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
weren't you there...or was it that i didn't know you at that time well anyways...some guy i forgot his name went into teams with a partner...but his partner left (i guess) and he was still there without a partner so he picked a lvl 9 zelda...i also forgot who he playerd against but i know they were really good...anyway he died...and what was left was the lvl 9 zelda...she killed of of the guys and was kinda beating the other...

also KRD i want to comisson you for a combo vid...i seen the work you did for hylian and it was amazing...if you do i will make you a free sig!(that being if i make it to hobo 5)
Bahaha I know one of them was SideFX. What a loser!!! Probably has a small p*nis.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Cars in Mute City:
-can be easily seen coming from the background and move slowly so that they can be easily dodged
-the entire group of cars can be completely shielded to prevent damage
-platforms can be used to avoid them completely
-small and can be destroyed
-do moderate damage with some knockback and can combo players who don't DI
-can kill but only at ridiculously high percentages (160s+% depending on character)

Cars in Port Town:
-can be seen moving in the background but by the time you react, they're already about to hit you
-there's one part where the cars run across the screen; the cars randomly appear at this part (sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't), but they do so without any warning and are nearly impossible to dodge
-the platforms are usually so low that they don't prevent you from getting hit, because the cars are freakin' huge
-cars will WRECK your shield
-they're HUGE and can't be destroyed (as far as I know) and move insanely fast; you wish you could DI the hit in time
-moderate damage, but INSANE knockback (can kill heavy characters at like 90s% and some of the lighter characters at high 60s%?)

Seriously, please ban it. Most tourneys have it banned and there's no real reason to keep it on, unless there's some personal reason why you want to keep it on. As long as you admit to this, then that's fine. But inevitably, it will be banned and you know it. ;)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Sorry for going offtopic, Im a houston local looking to meet other smash players. I was at the UofH houston tourney, but have not been to any others since. Anyone in the clear lake area or surrounding areas that wants to meet up on weekends? I dont mind driving either to play smash for a few hours, always looking to get better by playing with better people.
I used to live in the Clear Lake area, but I recently moved to Pearland, but I have a couple friends in Clear Lake that play smash.

If you like, I'm having some friends over this coming Friday to spend the night at my house for a birthday party, and also as a smashfest to prepare for Planet Zero.

I don't know you, but you're free to come. My dad might not agree with it...
Maybe we could get together sometime next week and play?
WHat part of Clear Lake do you live? I was in the Brookforest area, and we're still doing stuff to get the house ready to sell, so I'll be down in that area until we're finished and I get a job.
I should be getting a car relatively soon, so I'd be able to drive back and forth.

@ people complaining about Port Town.
YOu guys know you can still strike a stage every set you play at the beginning right?
So if you don't want to play on Port Town, you can strike it.
I really haven't heard of anybody striking any stages, but if it bothers you that much, just strike it until it's banned if you're so sure it will be banned eventually.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I used to live in the Clear Lake area, but I recently moved to Pearland, but I have a couple friends in Clear Lake that play smash.

If you like, I'm having some friends over this coming Friday to spend the night at my house for a birthday party, and also as a smashfest to prepare for Planet Zero.

I don't know you, but you're free to come. My dad might not agree with it...
Maybe we could get together sometime next week and play?
WHat part of Clear Lake do you live? I was in the Brookforest area, and we're still doing stuff to get the house ready to sell, so I'll be down in that area until we're finished and I get a job.
I should be getting a car relatively soon, so I'd be able to drive back and forth.

@ people complaining about Port Town.
YOu guys know you can still strike a stage every set you play at the beginning right?
So if you don't want to play on Port Town, you can strike it.
I really haven't heard of anybody striking any stages, but if it bothers you that much, just strike it until it's banned if you're so sure it will be banned eventually.
Striking Port Town would be a waste, as your opponent would probably not wanna play on it either. I rather strike FD or Brinstar.

However we should still ban Port Town for the same reason we ban the other stages.... too many hazards

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Luckily I probably won't have to worry about lylat cruise, from what I saw quite a few people banned it in their sets :p so that leaves me free to ban something else (like luigi's mansion).

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
It says it, right under the picture of Houston. "Location: Planet Zero Arcade, 12303 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX (next to the Whataburger.) Its on Left hand side if you are going WEST on Westheimer Rd. And on the Right hand side if you are going EAST on Westheimer Rd."

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
My DDD eats space animals Throws gorillas around like a B Ball. C grabs Two plumbers like a yoyo. Magnetizes a Robot into CG. Wop more the half the cast . i wanna play bad :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pimpslap, you know infinites are banned at me tourney. that means dedede infinite cant be used in our CC. ok? Look at the front page to see what u can do(u can grab me up to 5 times then u must throw me)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
My DDD eats space animals Throws gorillas around like a B Ball. C grabs Two plumbers like a yoyo. Magnetizes a Robot into CG. Wop more the half the cast . i wanna play bad :(
but can it touch a woman who wear a big clunky metal suit that turns into and slick very revealing skin tight suit?

SATURDAY!SATURDAY!SATURDAY! Witness TGM put DDD in a whole heap of *** whipping...and watch as the fearless Oniichan takes the cinna-challenge and nearly has a heart attack...So come on down to the PZ bring the kids and the elderly...kids get in FREE! WHAT WAS THAT? I SAID FREEE! witness the greatness and the awesomeness of randomness...remember people...SATURDAY!SATURDAY!SATURDAY!

*results may vary...TGM and PZ can not be held liable for unwanted death during cinna-challenge...*

or at least thats how i see it in my insane mind...:(
i can't wait for this

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Thanks pwny thats if i have saturday off lolz if not i will make a glass of special milk and let axxo give it to onii to drink that milk you owe me is still in my hot room:)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yeah that sounds wirght how much is are MM gona be?

Tgm i will cg up to five times i guess even though this is not a tournament match as long as you don't do broken ghey stuff to me i won't too u:)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
CG and jabs or just CG. u can only do 5, period. i ban lylat cruise.

PS: samus as nothing gay. she sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom