• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol I think you misinterpreted what I meant to convey, though I do admit my grammar was a bit shoddy. Everytime I go into a match, I go in believing I can win. In some instances I believe because I am the more skilled player, others because I believe a little luck is all I need to surmount whatever disadvantage I'm at. Even if I fall behind, I tell myself "Hey, this guy can make mistakes of the same magnitude that I just made." Though at times this is very untrue considering the extent of my own mistakes, it's what I use to avoid intimidation and desperation affecting my playing ability. Crazy, unlucky s*** goes on in this world, who's to say your match won't be an instance of that.
but to be fair, you use metaknight and olimar.

To the rest: the 14th-15h will be another HOBO. so prepare.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I won't be able to enter the tournament on June 7, but I plan on being there for some part of it. I have a tryout for a battle of the bands that day, but I plan on playing some friendlies and maybe some MMs there. Also, what's going on on the 14th? I've heard people talking about that day, but I have no idea what's going on. Details, plox
Hobo 5 is June 7th at PZ.

Hobo 6 is June 21 at the Play n Trade where the first Brawl tourney was held.

There's supposed to be a Brawl tourney at Beaumont on June 14th?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
nah your right. i forgot about play N trade. edit your post, plz. ill edit mine.

i requested 14th thru 15th off to set up a tourney but i need to see if the venue is gonna work out. its a "secret HOBO".

CY

Smash Ace
Very true. If you go to a tourney with the assumption that you will win, it will TOTALLY mess up your playing style if you're losing, considering it's next to impossible to keep a cool head when you're losing and you wanna win. On top of that, it's nervewrecking to defend a title. So why defend a title that doesn't exist? Thusly, instead of assuming you'll win, assume you'll lose.

Actually, the best thing to do is to not assume anything at all until after the first match. In the meantime, study your opponent's playing style, memorize which of his moves trump yours and vice versa, and watch out for his tricks. If either of you switch characters, repeat the process.

The one other thing that can possibly help someone to win is sheer experience and preparation, so that you feel more comfortable playing in tourney matches. Those are just my thoughts on tourney matches. I felt like throwing em out there cuz I'm bored.

And Ike pwns. :p
wait, actually i meant it should be fun GETTING owned, not me owning him. lol

i think you guys got that from the post, but i meant opposite.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
yea, my bad stiltz, i didn't mean for it to come out like that. i was talking about me getting owned, not you sir.
Lol I understood that. I think you..... I'll just explain it in person this saturday.

but to be fair, you use metaknight and olimar.
Yea I was merely trying to post about a proper mindset to have. Strategy and character selection are a whole new chapter.

BTW, you can go ahead and add snake to those two.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yea stiltz god you don't get anything

Rocketrainer good games last night i did ultimate awesome combo to you with DDD:)

Esca

Smash Champion
Dude vincent,, this tournament should be good, we need to friendly alot in it also, because i'm getting dead sick of just playing Noah, considering he's the only one around here. We end up wrecking shop on each other, so we get mad, and in turn usually quit playing, so I need to learn some new, more experienced Brawl players. Can't wait till this weekend.

CY

Smash Ace
Dude vincent,, this tournament should be good, we need to friendly alot in it also, because i'm getting dead sick of just playing Noah, considering he's the only one around here. We end up wrecking shop on each other, so we get mad, and in turn usually quit playing, so I need to learn some new, more experienced Brawl players. Can't wait till this weekend.
you play me too son AND get wrecked shop on by toon link.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I still can't wait for HOBO 5. I remember watching a zelda/sheik ditto match early on in the tournament (think it was TV1) that made me want to start using them. I'll want to bring my camera to record some of the epic matches at the tournament, since last one I didn't get to record anything.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Lol I think you misinterpreted what I meant to convey, though I do admit my grammar was a bit shoddy. Everytime I go into a match, I go in believing I can win. In some instances I believe because I am the more skilled player, others because I believe a little luck is all I need to surmount whatever disadvantage I'm at. Even if I fall behind, I tell myself "Hey, this guy can make mistakes of the same magnitude that I just made." Though at times this is very untrue considering the extent of my own mistakes, it's what I use to avoid intimidation and desperation affecting my playing ability. Crazy, unlucky s*** goes on in this world, who's to say your match won't be an instance of that.
I know I kinda did, I was just showing a n00blet's perspective. :p

I was just giving pointers to anyone out there new to tourneys.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
wait, actually i meant it should be fun GETTING owned, not me owning him. lol
i think you guys got that from the post, but i meant opposite.
Oh, whoops. Sorry then. :ohwell:

I'm sorry we can't all be able to stand up to even a fraction of Lucas' awesomeness, but stuff happens. Lucas is just too good for you I guess.
Its not like he's history for me. I've still got my mad twinkle-toe skillz with him, I just have reasons to switch to Ike:

A.) He is an ENTIRELY different animal than Link, thus it is rather difficult to switch between the two of them in tourney matches, and in general.

B.) He doesn't have a giant golden sword.

C.) He doesn't fight for his friends...he fights for a tree branch. :ohwell:

Jk about C, but yeah, the main reason i'm switching to ike is that Link is to Lucas as apples are to kiwanoes. They are just too different.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yeah that the tipof the ice burg lolz there's alot of other things he has going for him three locks and a BABY chain grab FTW!

well tgm the next toury your going down and i won't counter pic myself lolz

Popertop

Smash Champion
Well Dugfinn did mine.
I was all like, *overtly complitcated design*
and three hours she was all like, *done*
and I was all like, *woah, awesome*

And I'm not giving away my secondaries.
One of them starts with P, and another starts with D
:)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
wtf lolz get over your GIANT egololz i was just saying something lolz i got stuck with him on random so i used him and did not go zero suit samus lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom