• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Did it fry everything on the computer, or just the power supply? If just the power supply, just get a new one installed.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Who all's going to OH SNAP 5?

I need a ride, and housing.

And I really doubt I'd be able to go anyways lul. >.>

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know that I already informed Xyro, and the RGV is backing Xyro up and all RGV events are now Meta Knight banned as well.

We encourage (but understand if it isn't decided upon) making all of Texas Meta Knight banned.

I understand that without MK being banned universally Texas will suffer a little bit, but with this hopefully all of the USA will follow suit.

If not, at least Texas tournaments will be way funner.

:laugh:

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Without Meta Knight, Snake might not even be so high on the Tier list.

There are many safer characters and better overall characters. Snake is mostly that high because he does so well against MK.

Marth has virtually no bad matchups other than MK and Wario has absolutely no bad matchups period. DDD rivals Snake in brokeness too.

Besides I made that decision in general to support Houston (which has always welcomed us and treated us very well) and because I sincerely believe that this game is funner, more competitive, and overall better without Meta Knight.

I actually place better in MK tournaments because of Pax and his crazy MK that matchup is not even close to my worse.

I get ***** by Falco's and Wario's more often.

:laugh:

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
when mk gets banned =
snake
marth
DDD
wario
falco
diddy

im proud houston/RGV has banned the ***** and i hope dallas/SA follows

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wario does have bad match ups lol.

Marth and D3? They're not horrible but they're not in his favor. I mean once D3 gets a grab its OVAH BAYBE! Plus Snake isn't an easy match for Wario either. I'd also like to know how D3 rivals Snake in brokeness. Also Snake isn't that high on the tier list because of how good he does against MK it's based on "tournament success" but I mean with MK out of the way who really stands in the way? I don't see Wario as a Snake counter. The best is maybe Falco.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ughh, MK isnt THAT broken. Other characters are just as good. Gnes went pretty much even with dojo, seth beat dojo in a set. So did razer. There were other MK's at the tournament, and they didnt **** everyone. Other characters are catching up to MK.

Popertop

Smash Champion
*shrug*

I don't really have trouble with the Snake matchup anymore.
It's just the players now, like Razer beats me, but I just need to learn him.

Wario has a couple other matchups that are even, but Wario can gay it up by air camping.

And D3 is pretty brokn I mean he has a walking smash attack who else has that?

heytallman

CTALL
Ughh, MK isnt THAT broken. Other characters are just as good. Gnes went pretty much even with dojo, seth beat dojo in a set. So did razer. There were other MK's at the tournament, and they didnt **** everyone. Other characters are catching up to MK.
Shut up Toon Link fanboy.

COLD BLOODED, DAWG!

Popertop

Smash Champion
jet hammer is so broken.

I was over at the jiggs board and I was asking about the D3 matchup
they were like "don't rest him unless you wanna get Fsmashed"

I was like "I'm more afraid of Jet Hammer it's a WALKING smash attack!"

CY

Smash Ace
i agree, but this is houston, so MK is gone and there is no way to bring him back.

and also, yes wario has some bad match ups like people have said: marth and D3, with many very even match ups like MK, g&w and Peach. these are all VERY debatable depending on the style of the wario and the other player. snake isn't too big of a problem unless it's ****ing razer :( but i still managed to get him to one stock both times in our set.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Heh, that one comment sparked all this. XD

This might be the last time you guys see me. :( I'm dying, at scout camp this week. I wake up at 3:45 tomorrow, then drive to Bastrop (1.5 hours), be in 100 degree weather, observe plants, then sleep in a humid tent. x.x

Save. Me.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I can't unfortunately make HOBO 17 jog... because of work. Anything after mid August for Houston events I will make probably, no matter what.

:/

Gnes I posted some lulz for you on my thread I'm surprised you didn't see them already. :p

<333

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
For those still wondering about FS6 results, Xyro said he posted them on AllisBrawl.com however I looked all over the place and can't find them. May be they are processing still but I can't find them.

Can someone help me? I wan to get the thread up and make shout outs as much as the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom