• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Just had a word with UTDZac.

UTDZac, Hylian, and Bwett are coming to Ozzfest. Zac wants to have his birthday bash at Ozzfest, meaning Duelist will be a side event (it only takes 2 setups).

HOWEVER

They NEED housing, from Friday to Sunday Morning..................... I can't do it despite the event being at my house, and Bear is in Abilene. Someone... anyone

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You might have to start everything about an hour or two earlier than what is currently listed in your time table.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Save Duelist for the end. Or at least until everything is 95% complete. If there are enough setups (which I doubt because there never is....), one TV should be dedicated to friendlies only.

In other words, everyone should bring stuff. Wii or TV...if you have one and aren't a lazy ***, bring it! More setups=faster tournament=more friendlies=don't have to stay until midnight.

heytallman

CTALL
I MIGHT be able to house Friday, but I wouldn't be able to Saturday. I'll talk to my parents and stuff.

edit: And I'm guessing they'd all want to be housed together?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Well Zac said Duelist needs 2 setups, he's running that, not me.

Here is the New Schedule:

11:00am -> 1:45pm = Registration & Sign-Up for Brawl+ & Brawl 2v2

2:00pm = Brawl+ and Brawl 2v2 begins

3:45pm = Brawl 1v1 signup CUTOFF

4:00pm = Brawl 1v1 begins (1 TV for friendlies open)

As usual, we go out to eat after Brawl 1v1 is over. When we come back, we will do the Duelist tournament and have friendlies on the side.

@Tallman: Yeah, the 3 of them. I'd appreciate if you could house them Friday night, and hopefully someone else can house them Saturday Night.

@Kown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccJnX0n7yg

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll take you on in Box of Pain, Gner. BRING IT!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Alright. Since I can't come, someone must run a stream so that I can be with you in spirit...lololol

I'm looking at you two *glares at RT and Zac*

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have everything that's needed to run a live stream... except for the fact that I can't get my laptop to recognise my capture card plugged in with the live stream thing x.x It worked when I used my setup on jS's computer though, so I could bring my capture card and AV cable splitter and stuff. I could record it on my laptop at the same time too I guess, if there're enough plugs.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
All you need is the dazzle. Basically, all you have to do is create an account on ustream. After that, it is relatively easy to do. RT knows how to do it. If he can't help you out once y'all are at Ozzfest, give me a call. I'll walk you through it. :)

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Oh snap!
I've never done duelist, I must!

I also will probably bring my wii if I can make it. It can be used for Brawl+ until that ends and then for Brawl.
We're using the OFFCIAL 4.1 code, right? I update mine frequently so I'll just have to redownload.

Zori

Smash Champion
i have a dazzle..... but my computer is rather slow but if someone is willing to dl the software on there computer that's fine with me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Jog (or anyone else), just bring your laptop and dazzle card, and I can bring the correct wires. It takes about five minutes to setup up. As long as your laptop isn't like 5 years old, it should work good enough. The rest is up to Ozz's internet connection, lolz. :)

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
If you want, I can do one at PnT if everyone wants to go.:chuckle:
well july 3rd is warped and pierre n lee might come with me n since they would already be here i was seein if there was anythin smash related like the day after or before its not set in stone though i was just askin in case there was

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm considering going, I might.

For live stream, I have a relatively fast computer, a dazzle, and I believe I have the correct cords. Which cords do you need exactly? I've never actually done one, but if someone could VM me how to I think I could help out.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm considering going, I might.

For live stream, I have a relatively fast computer, a dazzle, and I believe I have the correct cords. Which cords do you need exactly? I've never actually done one, but if someone could VM me how to I think I could help out.
You just need three Y cables and double sided AV cables. I have all the wires and a ustream account, so if you want to just bring your stuff and I can bring my stuff and set it up. Honestly, as your as your laptop isn't like mega old, it should run fine. Bear's is slooooooow, but it still streams without any problems.

Jog should bring his laptop. I think Ozz already has one too.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't have all those cables. That sounds nice, but I'll have to get permission from my parents to bring this laptop. Also, I'm running Windows 7, would that make anything not work? Most things I've tried that worked with Vista/XP works on W7 so I think it should work

Yeah, I got super excited when I modded mine too XD. But now I don't do much with it.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
We only need one live stream guys.......and i think RT will do it. and yeah we're using the Official 4.1.

GUYS plz sign up for brawl+. even if you know you will suck, its 3$ and you'll have fun.

and for those not bringing setups. plz bring one, theres no way it can get stolen because we're all in one big place and i can notice if anyone walks out. if your parents arent letting you, explain to them that by bringing a setup, the tournament can finish quicker.

The stream was fine last time right? my neighbors wifi might have a better signal since we are in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom