• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I played FFX. It was soooooo boring lol I can't believe that's the best RPG you've played o.o...

Try Chrono Trigger to start out with.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
really? i thought the story was pretty cool and it got really good reviews from every site. ;\
That's because it's FF lol.

I really enjoyed FF3 for the DS, as well as 7/8..10 was boring imo.

Try ChronoTrigger out if your looking for an amazing RPG.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Or persona 4.. =]

FF4 for the DS was really good. And I enjoyed FF10. FF13 looks good. FF12 was lameee. The Tales series is one of my favorite series. Tales of symphonia and abyss are awesome.

Gnes

Smash Master
Okay first Gea its unfair that u bring out the worst part of the game....in its defense...IT GOT SO MANY AWARDS...though personally i believe it deserved maybe a 8.5 or 9 at the highest.

Secret of Mana is amazing. Im playing that right now actually. BOF 2, Secret of Evermore, Tales series has good products(not counting Dawn of a New World...HORRIBLE **** IT)

For new age Rpgs u got to put Persona 3/4 both games are excellent in their own right but Persona 4's kick *** story puts it over the top. So freaking good. Storywise Xenosaga is good. The first one was amazing. The second was TRASH. And the third one was epic, not as much as the first one but still very epic.

Hylian...weve never been more in sync. I would kill for my chrono trigger game at the moment. FF6 is one of gods greatest gifts to mankind. If u havent played it go die. And why havent u guys played FF7...i mean gawd >.> Now that i think about it ive played every final fantasy...yes even the first one :)

I love rpgs...ill stop now before i right an essay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yargh, I can't go to Roy's unless I get a ride...

CY

Smash Ace
oh gea, you mentioned diablo. dude, i've always been interested in playing that game but i never played it. should i pick it up and play? my laptop does kind of suck though, but it runs WoW pretty smoothly.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
ffx was more entertaining than ct imo. Chrono Cross was fun to play as well.

FF8 can be interesting once you learn to bear the ******** plot.

I find that the best games are the ones that arent mind numbing with all the repetitive battles.

In conclusion, I say you should play FF9. Or try the Suikoden series.

Suspect

Smash Hero

I find that the best games are the ones that arent mind numbing with all the repetitive battles.

FFX is a good game but im starting to get bored of it... i also really hate how you get into a battle every 3 seconds

FF8 is a game people either love...or hate. I hate...then i loved it...now i hate it again for good.

FF9 is one of the best Final Fantasies (7 being the best imo) If people are gonna play Final Fantasy they should just play 7,9 and tactics..ha

im a rpg fanatic...like espy is with sonic.

Oh yea get devil summoner 2

too goodz

heytallman

CTALL
I really enjoyed FF3 for the DS
Why does it seem like we always disagree on stuff.....I HATED FF3 for the DS. No character development, story was meh....I gave it back to the friend I borrowed it from probably about halfway through.

The Best Final Fantasy I've played is 4 (known as FF2 on the Super NES). Six is also good, but slows down a bit after the halfway point of the game.

CY....you should play Earthbound. Download it on a SNES emulator or something, it's really great.

Jack Frost, I agree Marth is gay. I play Lucas.

Edit: RoyR fest? I'll see if I can make it. I should be able to.

edit2: I'll be at Roy's at around 7.

Gnes

Smash Master

GO KILL YOURSELF!!!!!! J/K i cant believe ffx was more entertaining u. I mean dude, its Chrono >.> Of course if ur a new age gamer i can understand why u wouldnt like it so much.

FF8 was good but the plot was like a pretzel, tasty on the outside but once u lick the outer shell off, dry and annoying. FF9 is one of my favorite rpg. Its not that popular but i love it for personal reasons. Plus, Zidane, for looking SO MUCH like a girl, IS SO BADASS.

Suspect go play Final fantasy 6, its so epic. Plus it has the best villian of the series (YES HE TOPS Sephiroth >.>.)Kefka is too ****ing good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to go to Roy's, but need a ride. Oh well...maybe next time...

Suspect

Smash Hero
silly gnes

no one tops sephiroth (fanboyism)

i keep hearing about it but i dont really like the old ones....i have it tho so ill play it

Gea

Smash Master
oh gea, you mentioned diablo. dude, i've always been interested in playing that game but i never played it. should i pick it up and play? my laptop does kind of suck though, but it runs WoW pretty smoothly.
Hell yeah. It will run perfectly on your laptop no sweat. Very very much worth it. Just have a mouse for your laptop, as it involves lots of clicking.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I never played 6 although I heard nothing but good things about it. I played 7 through 10-2

FF7 was amazing. <3
I enjoyed FF8. The plot was kinda meh.

The rest were all good but none of them ever matched 7.

Gea

Smash Master
Best FFs: I, IV, VI, VII, Tactics

Good FFs: III, V, Tactics A2, Mystic Quest, X (PAL)

Okay FFs: VIII, IX, X, XI, Tactics Advance

Bad FFs: II, XII, X-II, Spinoffs that aren't RPGs

Gea

Smash Master
LOL without the schooling he could only be a tech. But a pharmacy tech pays alright and doesn't have much training involved.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
im not a new age gamer, but alot of CT was just weird to me.

Now that I think about it, I believe i enjoyed blitzball and the monster arena more than I enjoyed FFX.
Breath of fire 3/4 are where its at tho.
FF7 is alright, its just the field animation is hard to look at due to most people having the Popeye build.

What are the good rpgs for gamecube/wii?

Gnes

Smash Master
Yeah. They aren't respected in the medical industry though.
I wonder how u know??? >.> <.<

Why did u call me ****...i was at work.

Gamecube RPG:Baten Kaitos series, Tales of Symphonia,
Wii:ur kidding right

Wait...i should put on my glasses before i read anymore >.>...im about to play FF6..u guys have put me in the mood

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Is Chrono Trigger really that popular? o.O I got it about 11 years ago I think? I don't remember when it came out, I just remember it was either before or during 1st or 2nd grade. I still have it too, though my SNES doesn't work as well as it should anymore.

Hmm... in terms of Final Fantasy games I've played, the best to worst, IMO:

5, 6, 9, 8, 4, 10, 7, 10-2, tactics for PS1, 3.

I just liked 5 so much because you could customise your characters so much (and hey, I'm KRD, I'm already known for using like... everyone in Brawl, so I guess that's where I got that from xD. Sticking to 1 or a few characters is boring to me.)

Popertop

Smash Champion
Blitzball was my favorite part of FFX
I missed the other best scorer though. AND the other "best" team got him so it was like this huge epic rivalry.

I still haven't played FF6, I was wondering which one had Kefka.

And Colin, I would recommend the Golden Sun series. Golden sun is amazing, I'm SOOOOO happy they are making another on the DS.
Good story, and messing around with Psyenergy and Djinni are fun :)

I'm try to go to roys today I gotta finish laundry tho

Zori

Smash Champion
im playing final fantasy tactics a2 right now :]

i loved the first one for gameboy so i gave this one a chance on the ds, luvin it

kown

Smash Lord
but i still get more girls than you. :)

also, you're a loser for playing guild wars.
nope. lol guildwars is amazingly better than WoW ...its free enuff said,
girls pretend to like you.
My last day is tomorrow

WoW is the best MMORPG. guild wars sucks ***
ozz go back to school! s

Yeah. They aren't respected in the medical industry though.
whocares? hes making money fool!!!!!!!!!!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Psh, most pharamcists realize they hate their job. Not worth working for the rest of your career when you hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom