• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
I am thinking of purchasing a GBA flashcart just for the use of Mother 3. I shall play it on a Micro and poop my pants at how good it is on an actual system.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, it is pretty dang amazing. You gotta like quirky RPGs though. Like if you enjoyed Superstar Saga this would blow you away.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So good, you'll poop your pants.

Gea

Smash Master
Mother 3 is on par in quality and memorable moments as Mario RPG imo. The only thing that puts Mario over Mother 3 is honestly Mario characters.

Get the ROM and try it out Allan. Or not. :)

And yes, play Super Mario RPG if that's the only RPG you ever play.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yeah it really is. BEAUtiful game. Do yourself the favor. Rpg's are the best Genre out there!

And when you say you only like certain ones... example please?!

Good call Flip... Good call indeed. <3 Geno.
Dragon warrio 3, crono trigger, secret of mana, pokemon red, phantasy star online, tales of symphonia

sorry dude you're right. I'm sorry. but that was a little harsh.
its cool. im over it.

TO ALL: there is a meeting with shigeru miyamoto going on RIGHT NOW and only select few are allowed to be at this meeting. They released some info:

1. shigeru miyamoto wanted to show off the new Wii ZELDA game but he decided to focus on other games.

2. The NEW Wii ZELDA game WILL appear at next years E3.

Gea

Smash Master
If you liked Tales of Symphonia there is no way you wouldn't like Mother 3/ Super Mario RPG. Both are better in every sense.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
If you liked Tales of Symphonia there is no way you wouldn't like Mother 3/ Super Mario RPG. Both are better in every sense.
ive played no other mother game. tales was really good cause you could co-op and it was a long game and lots of things to do. do mother 3 have all of that?

Gea

Smash Master
Mother 3 is roughly 30 hours and you'll miss stuff the first time through. It is not CO-Op but ToS Co-op was terrible anyways.

The battle system is rythmn based for combos (you tap the button to the music to do multiple hits) but you don't have to ever use it to beat the game. The story is actually good (ToS' had a weird, messed up story).

You need 0 backstory. There is no grinding. It is a very emotional game but at the same time packed with humor and vibrant characters. Think of it as a stylish game that is just plain enjoyable with a great story to boot.

I mean seriously. There are some bad *** scenes. Lucas' Dad may as well be Chuck Norris.

Gnes

Smash Master
Mother 3 is roughly 30 hours and you'll miss stuff the first time through. It is not CO-Op but ToS Co-op was terrible anyways.

The battle system is rythmn based for combos (you tap the button to the music to do multiple hits) but you don't have to ever use it to beat the game. The story is actually good (ToS' had a weird, messed up story).

You need 0 backstory. There is no grinding. It is a very emotional game but at the same time packed with humor and vibrant characters. Think of it as a stylish game that is just plain enjoyable with a great story to boot.

I mean seriously. There are some bad *** scenes. Lucas' Dad may as well be Chuck Norris.
How biased >.> DONT U EVER COMPARE SOMEONE TO CHUCK NORRIS OR ILL KILL U.

Play persona 4, that is all

Gea

Smash Master
Have you even played Mother 3? He seriously is THAT badass. You obviously have not played it. And I'm not even a Mother fanboy like Tallman.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't do very many RPG's. I understand the appeal of usually having a very diverse and exciting story line followed by a plethora of in game options/paths to take, usually with a buttload of different items/skills/warrior classes, but I just can't niche myself down into a groove far enough to play many RPG's to the end.

Probably sounds weird coming from the guy who runs out the timer on people in Brawl lol.

Gea

Smash Master
Not really DMG. The majority of RPGs are boring/ a grindfest. I LOVE RPGs but only if they are quality ones. Which are few and far between...

heytallman

CTALL
Dude, Flint IS Chuck Norris.

Mother 3 and Super Mario RPG are too good. I would recommend them even if the person hates RPGs.

Mother 3 is one of the most emotional games I've ever played. I'm replaying it now. ****ing Fassad.

Edit: Allan, you don't need to know any backstory for Mother 3. Only two characters from Mother 3 were in Mother 2 (unless you count a few specific enemies and Mr. Saturns), and they don't refer to Mother 2 at all.

And if you don't like Mr. Saturn, something is SERIOUSLY WRONG with you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Chuck Norris' ***** is so big, he uses it in Texas to beat down criminals in New York.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hate Mr. Saturn. What are you going to do now, Tallman? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rocket Trainer, I hate Mrs. Saturn.

Tallman better find his God fast, before I find that Kirby Picture.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I stared SMRPG but I didn't really get very far before I stopped for some reason, probably school.

I still need to play that, Mother 3, and a few others on my list...

I'm playing Paper Mario TYD right now, I love the paper mario series.
The pacing is kinda bad tho.... And badges make the game too easy

Gnes

Smash Master
Dude, Flint IS Chuck Norris.
I am going to play this game. And if this guy does embody all things Chuck Norris, I am going to come to your house, knock on your doorbell, shoot u when u come to door, take your dead body and dismember your remains, and lastly set them on fire as a ritual to the great Chuck Norris.

P.S but seriously, nobody is as awesome as Chuck Norris.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I stared SMRPG but I didn't really get very far before I stopped for some reason, probably school.

I still need to play that, Mother 3, and a few others on my list...

I'm playing Paper Mario TYD right now, I love the paper mario series.
The pacing is kinda bad tho.... And badges make the game too easy
dude paper mario TYD is soooooo good.

and paper mario 64 is probably my favorite RPG ever.

followed by earthbound and mother 3

Gea

Smash Master
P.S. I promise he is.

And yeah, Thousand Year Door was AWESOME. God**** it why doesn't Nintendo make more RPGs? They do them RIGHT.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think they just hit it on the nose when they did Paper Mario.

So many things just happened right.

I'm hoping there's another Dojo or similar thing in TYD. Trying to get the right badge combos to beat the insanely powerful enemies was my favorite part of 64.

Now I want them to make a Paper Wario loloLLol, or maybe they'll actually do Paper Luigi, the man in green needs the spot light.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I think they just hit it on the nose when they did Paper Mario.

So many things just happened right.

I'm hoping there's another Dojo or similar thing in TYD. Trying to get the right badge combos to beat the insanely powerful enemies was my favorite part of 64.

Now I want them to make a Paper Wario loloLLol, or maybe they'll actually do Paper Luigi, the man in green needs the spot light.
You can get Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi clothes and Luigi actually has a story in this one if you talk to him he shares it with you, but what would be awesome is how you hear Luigi's story in TYD, well what if they made another game that is his story in TYD and you get to play it then you can hear Mario's story of TYD and how that's going. It's like Luigi's version of TYD.

and there's like a pipe in the map room where you can battle 100 baddies in a row but you have like stop points where you can leave after every 10th bad guy and after the 10th one you get a shiny new badge.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude Paper Mario 64 was Broken. Against the later bosses, all you had to do was wear a few stone hats to protect Mario, use Goombario's Charge, then MultiBonk on the boss and it would kill them in one shot. Took probably 10 turns, but no boss was immune to it.

Also TYD was pretty good, and the best part were the Wario/Luigi Badges. What was better was equipping both of them to get the Waluigi Mario lol. So badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom