• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
$1 Green Greens Only MM. Friday night.
:laugh:

I have an entire set of ATs developed around that stage.

That and Japes. Sucks that everyone only has one stage ban for me xD

I <3 counterpicks.
Green Greens is my favorite stage too, tied with Green Hill Zone and Final Destination.

No one has beaten me on GGs to this day. (Although that's not saying much, lol)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is kinda lame :\ I would not have voted for it. Granted, it's one of my better stages, but I do better and enjoy playing on plain, flat stages. They give me room to work with, and no hassle from the design of the stage or the stage itself. LOL cp neutrals any1?

So is PS2, however. The different terrains skroo with the stage WAAAAHAHAHAAAY to much. So frustrating to play on :\

Gnes

Smash Master
Hmm...so not one stage on that cp list gives diddy an advantage over mk/snake....gay...Guess im goin neutrals.

Razer were playin on battlefield now...its time to dethrone u.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Praxis coming to HOBO 16? Nice.

Green Greens? I'm not scared.

Japes? Pbt.

I'm dirty Praxis. I like to run out the timer. I've turned camping into an AT :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's really easy to stop GW planking lol. He only has one jump. If he had 5 jumps I agree it would be worse then MK, but he doesn't. Even pit is better at planking then GW.

Seriously, PhantomX has no problem getting me off the ledge with wario. GW's invincibility frames only last during the start of his up-b, and it's pretty easy to just hug the edge and punish. For example Marth can hug --> hit up --> Upsmash and there is nothing GW can do. He can't do that to MK(or pit..even) because of their multiple jumps.

I don't even think planking is a problem in the first place though :/.

Also. Razer ***** me on Norfair snake vs GW when I almost beat him on battlefield >_> lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hylian take him to Norfair again. I scarred him there with G&W at the college station tournament lol.

Also G&W planking not bad, he doesn't have multiple jumps but he's still pretty darn good at it if you do it very well.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian take him to Norfair again. I scarred him there with G&W at the college station tournament lol.

Also G&W planking not bad, he doesn't have multiple jumps but he's still pretty darn good at it if you do it very well.
Haha, I agree that GW is really good at planking, I'm just saying it's punishable by almost every character, where apparently MK only a few characters can punish. *shrugs*

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
But on Norfair you can't punish G&W planking. Same is true for Jiggs.

I don't understand why Xyro is making fun of me for losing to a Jiggs on norfair who 2stocked Karmacide's Snake on FD in tournament. Have you ever tried playing against a Jiggs on Norfair who REALLY wanted to win?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*is bored*

Yall better not hope I see u in brackets at HOBO 16. I'll be in godzilla mode...and it won't be pretty.

BRING iT! Samus vs Link! 5$mm or No johns match!

I'll be honest here: I don't understand the logic behind putting a restriction on one single character so you can allow an already extremely time-consuming and game-interfering map to the list. Isn't there a better option?
after world hobo(light/poptart) im not allowing metaknight any more EXTRA advantages.

$1 Green Greens Only MM. Friday night.
:laugh:

I have an entire set of ATs developed around that stage.

That and Japes. Sucks that everyone only has one stage ban for me xD

I <3 counterpicks.
accepted!

ozz: norfair helps BIG time against snake and ddd. Hylian wants it, i want it, it was number 11 or 12 on the list. Heck i could have automaticly included lylat and brinstar on the CP list cause we ALREADY knew they would get a spot.

But on Norfair you can't punish G&W planking. Same is true for Jiggs.

I don't understand why Xyro is making fun of me for losing to a Jiggs on norfair who 2stocked Karmacide's Snake on FD in tournament. Have you ever tried playing against a Jiggs on Norfair who REALLY wanted to win?
no no i wasnt making fun!!!!!

i honestly do not know how jiggs could win

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I go to sleep and wake up to all this arguing about Norfair.

I love this thread.

Santi

Smash Lord
Didn't I almost three stock it? ;)
lol
yea
then got reversed 3 stocked.
then you wanted to MM and got mad when I declined because I had better things to do like scratch my butt in the corner.

So you came up to me later and asked for more friendlies and advice in the matchup.
I said I would play you again but not give advice, it was your responsibilty to learn for yourself.
After I kept beating you and beating you... we played one more match and you were destroying me... then I came back and gimped you in your last stock with a rest>stagespike

you pulled out your controller and glared at me.
I blew you a kiss but it wasn't enough to heal you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I love you Santi...seriously.

I want to pay your Jiggs at Hobo 16. Over and over and over. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol, you're trash. Why would he team with you?

If he teamed with you it would be team trash ftl.

And I am in no way saying DMG is bad, I'm just saying even he's not good enough to make up for how much you will drag him down.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Dang, DMG! Needle **** calling you out!

wahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DANG I AM TRASH...

AT ZANGIEF DITTOS!!!

Lol *Shakes hand* This is ****ing bull****. I used to think Zangief Dittos were amazing... I guess I was wrong.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Lol, you're trash. Why would he team with you?

If he teamed with you it would be team trash ftl.

And I am in no way saying DMG is bad, I'm just saying even he's not good enough to make up for how much you will drag him down.
the last time i checked a scrub made u quit, Y ARE U TALKING? BTW MM ME AT SF4?

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Then you checked wrong, cuz I entered doubles for WHOBO and I still play every now and then. Better check your sources on that one.

The same reason you're talking.

Haha, my sagat vs your ken?
i dont care who u pick the **** aint goin matter. and tgm u will be a fool to put $ on him>me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom