• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'll just say... Metaknight's b moves allow him to get back on stage, reducing his predictability. Something Diddy, Snake, Marth, Rob, D3 can't do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll just say... Metaknight's b moves allow him to get back on stage, reducing his predictability. Something Diddy, Snake, Marth, Rob, D3 can't do.
Somebody is lying about Diddy's SideB and its massive amount of priority. :p

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Awesome, a thread that I can stir up controversy in by making a simple post. Let's see if this turns out as well as it did in the results thread from that one HOBO tourny from before.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
as Of Right Now...i Can't Go To Hobo16 -___-.

Apparently My Parents Are Leaving For New Orleans And Want Me To Stay Home And Dogsit...i Had Already Told Them I Had Plans To Come To Houston =\.

I'll See If I Can Figure Something Out So I Can Still Come...

What No :o You Must Come!!!

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
huh, MK is banned
I guess the last tourney did something to influence this?

WHOBO looked good though, didn't get to go, but nice to see different coasts coming here

I'm looking forward to HOBO 16

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
considering That Only Goes So Far And A Simple Step Back ***** It. Try Again.
NO JOHNS, Johnhopper. Also, you talking to someone who plays a character that has NO invincibility or hitboxes during recover...absolutely NO form of protection against attacks except mindgames. :p

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
As of right now...I can't go to HOBO16 -___-.

Apparently my parents are leaving for New Orleans and want me to stay home and dogsit...I had already told them I had plans to come to Houston =\.

I'll see if I can figure something out so I can still come...
NUUUUUU!!!!! You have to come. D:

This could be your time to shine.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Sonic and Lucas huh....

interesting.

i predict lucas doing a upsmash and sonics fast *** running into it

Gnes

Smash Master
NO JOHNS, Johnhopper. Also, you talking to someone who plays a character that has NO invincibility or hitboxes during recover...absolutely NO form of protection against attacks except mindgames. :p

Why are u johning about recovery when your chracter lives FOREVER with proper DI and benefits because of it.

Gea

Smash Master
And YOUR character causes tripping and has arguably the best momentum game in Brawl. All I can do is float.

OH MAN you left before we played smash 64 and I did some EPIC DI.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Why are u johning about recovery when your chracter lives FOREVER with proper DI and benefits because of it.
And YOUR character causes tripping and has arguably the best momentum game in Brawl. All I can do is float.

MMMM, EXPOSED.

Your character has banana pressure, which is STUPIDLY good. And bananas cannot be canceled by an attack. You can either dodge it, get hit, catch it and lose aerial options, or shield it...all four options are bad and leave an opening. And they have shieldstun and can sometimes trip you EVEN WHEN YOU SHIELD IT.

Also, that's just the benefits of good DI. Honestly, if Lucario didn't have an Aura boost, he would be crap. And the fact that I have to put myself in kill range in order to kill is risky business. Everybody can learn good DI. Characters can't randomly start throwing bananas since it isn't part of their moveset. :p

<3 Gnes, Gea, and Johnhopper

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario with crappy DI is still lives on the side stages. Don't give me that.
That has to be the most generic statement ever. You could replace any character name and get the same result. A Snake with bad DI can die at like 80% with Meta's Dsmash. I've seen it happen to Razer.

Learn to DI.

No Johns. :)

Gnes

Smash Master

MMMM, EXPOSED.

Your character has banana pressure, which is STUPIDLY good. And bananas cannot be canceled by an attack. You can either dodge it, get hit, catch it and lose aerial options, or shield it...all four options are bad and leave an opening. And they have shieldstun and can sometimes trip you EVEN WHEN YOU SHIELD IT.

Also, that's just the benefits of good DI. Honestly, if Lucario didn't have an Aura boost, he would be crap. And the fact that I have to put myself in kill range in order to kill is risky business. Everybody can learn good DI. Characters can't randomly start throwing bananas since it isn't part of their moveset. :p

<3 Gnes, Gea, and Johnhopper

NO JOHNS Gea u chose peach as a main lol

RT...ive never heard so many johns(well maybe not recently lol) But i wont fall for your mindgames. I wont tell u the secret to beating diddy. We dont need any more Kos Mos's in here. I :3 Kos Mos

me and flip have started practicing at UH again, LEVEL UP TIME!!! Flip its official DI out of tornado to UP B is amazing at high percentages.

Gea

Smash Master
lol and you guys chose Diddy as yours, making your own johns null and void. That's the point, holmes. Glad you agree.

Also D: for not getting any props. Thanks man. Thanks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You johning about the ONE and ONLY thing (Aura) that helps me forever trumps the millions of johns I made. Aura has an inherent risk because I HAVE to live forever in order to take advantage. Please tell me the disadvantages of using bananas, because I would REALLY love to hear them...and don't say that they can be thrown back, because that NEVER works, lol. :p

It's obvious how to beat Diddy...PLANK with META. But that applies to about every other character in the game.

I want to go to UH for games. :(

Gea, I love you for using Peach. <3

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
In reading this, I've thought of a fifth option: :link2:'s shield. :grin:
After testing, it's actually really effective: while crouching, all naners thrown on the ground by :diddy: (unless thrown RIGHT in :link2:'s face, in which case one would probably just roll instead) will just bounce off his shield and pop up in the air, and all naners thrown in the air (unless thrown from a good distance, in which case :link2: can still block it with his shield by standing back up) will go right over :link2:'s head. Once I get the spacing down, I think I'll permanently drop my bombgame against :diddy:'s...cuz this is just too good xD

*frustrated chimp noise*
*plink*

I think I've underestimated :link2:'s shield, just a bit. I think I'll see who else this works against. Maybe :toonlink:?

*pew pew*

*plink plink*

Or howzabout :peach:?

*turnip throw of justice*

*plink*
*jump to aerial or to dodge + zair*
GOT YO TURNIP.

Gnes

Smash Master
lol and you guys chose Diddy as yours, making your own johns null and void. That's the point, holmes. Glad you agree.

Also D: for not getting any props. Thanks man. Thanks.
Uh uh i didnt john considering i dont need to...ive at least 2 stocked every lucario ive ever played. TAKE THAT!!!!

Stop juaning about naners...theres a reason flip cant beat me...step your naner game up. Naner control is universal. Yes diddy has more applications but even before maining diddy and using kirby I utilized naners well. U just have no naner skill :) but never fear ill help u. But only if u become my pet...FOREVER

MORE IMPORTANTLY....WHY THE **** ARE WE STILL UP JOHNING ABOUT CHARACTERS!?!?!?!?!
THIS IS STUPID...We all suck...Kown is the best in Texas...GOOD NIGHT...GG

**** PLANKING!!!

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
^^ nono, it's "plinking." :)

...man, I'm too tired to be on this forum. And for that...you gotta be friggin tired xD

gnite every1

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Psh, I know banana setups, but they won't beat a good Diddy since Diddys usually control their bananas. But don't worry, I have a surprise in store for you...

We should play...like today! I don't have school tomorrow. In fact, does anyone want to play today or tomorrow? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom