• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Woot, Sf4. I don't think you need to worry about many people entering sf4 though since I believe a lot of houston's players are going to austin for a big tourney there.

**** Random character.
Thats this weekend and I already have promoted to 100+ SF4 people already so We should be ok and have a good turnout.

Stitz come this weekend to test your skills at Play N Trade in SF4.

Xyro Got a call from a guy at funplex wanted to know whats up with the SC4 tournament. I let him know that we are doing friendlies at HOBO 16/TYS 1 and the next event we will host a tournament. Just thought Id let you know the new promo idea worked. He seen the flyer at funplex.:chuckle:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Why bother to even come? We all know you're going to do horrible so might as well save yourself some money and just troll the board that saturday, cause in the end trash is trash.
you are still crying about the mk incident, why dont u do all of us a favor and get off peoples balls. You switched to mk cuz u suck, get the **** outta my ***.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan, I can rig up stuff quickly on Wiis to make the random never get Meta. Hell, we could do low tier randoms if you wanted to, it is easy enough.

We all know why you wanna do low tier ;)
when its time to do RC stuff, ill let you and RT take over.

untill then, LOW TIER TEAMS!!!!!

so kown and furbs and 3000 wanna team? hmmmmm

you are still crying about the mk incident, why dont u do all of us a favor and get off peoples balls. You switched to mk cuz u suck, get the **** outta my ***.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok Xyro. I completely understand. You're the TO and you make the rules. I like you as a TO. You run things and handle situations very well.

I do, however, have one request. Instead of deciding on this thread, where half the people that the tournament don't even visit before hand, can we decide at the event? You can poll people as they pay their 1v1 and 2v2 entry fees. That way everyone at the event can choose which event they want to do after the normal 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments.

I understand this means YOU don't get to make the final choice as the TO about what event happens at your tournament. But honestly, would you rather do YOUR event (because you love low tier so much) or let the people who will play in it decide THEIR event? I think that we are perfectly capable of having fun at Hobo 16 with either of these events, so why not let the participants decide without being forced between two decisions they don't really want?

If you don't like my idea, thats fine. I just want people to have fun. HOBOs are amazing and bring a big crowd. I wish Dallas had it that easy. We still can't find a venue =(

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
LMAO Jack it doesn't even matter if I pick up MK, I think it's just ******** people are complaining about him when in all reality they to can pick him up to. It's just ****in ********, anyways my MARTH is way better then my MK dude. Anyways I was just giving you some advice and save yourself a couple of bucks, anyways talking about someone being on someones balls how about you give XYRO some ****in room and stop asking questions after every post he makes it makes you look ****in ********. Who are "you people", uh its the people who are attending the tournament other then him, its pretty ****in obvious.

Gea

Smash Master
Alright, sure thing Allan. :)

I'm going to rock your team's *** alone in low tier doubles :D

Peach is low tier, right? :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
LMAO Jack it doesn't even matter if I pick up MK, I think it's just ******** people are complaining about him when in all reality they do can pick him up to. It's just ****in ********, anyways my MARTH is way better then my MK dude. Anyways I was just giving you some advice and save yourself a couple of bucks, anyways talking about someone being on someones balls how about you give XYRO some ****in room and stop asking questions after every post he makes it makes you look ****in ********. Who are "you people", uh its the people who are attending the tournament other then him, its pretty ****in obvious.
aint like u gonna win, u gonna spend the same money im spendin stupid. Im asking Xyros these questions cuz i've never been to a hobo, i would like to know some details. The "you people" thing is a joke, i knew what he was talking, come on man use ur brain before u type, if u got a problem with me talk **** in person at hobo 16, dont talk on the internet.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
aint like u gonna win, u gonna spend the same money im spendin stupid. Im asking Xyros these questions cuz i've never been to a whobo, i would like to know some details. The "you people" thing is a joke, i knew what he was talking, come on man use ur brain before u type, if u got a problem with me talk **** in person at hobo 16, dont talk on the internet.
Trust me there will be alot of me talking to you at hobo 16, mainly me **** talking you while you're getting wrecked by everyone. Anyways lately I've been winning teams and playing high in singles so yes I do believe if MK is banned I have a good chance of winning.

Xyro77

Zac, the RC event is happening but it will happen after low tier teams. we are there till 2 am. relax.

infinity, you dont owe me. you really dont. You had a HORRIBLE day that day and i saw a way to make it SLIGHTLY better and so i took it. Consider it a gift for being a very good guy and always being nice to me.

this jack vs dpaht stuff is tasty.

oh, dojo and razer are teaming for low tier teams. this MIGHT be SICK

peach is not low tier. metaknight is

Suspect

Smash Hero
Trust me there will be alot of me talking to you at hobo 16, mainly me **** talking you while you're getting wrecked by everyone. Anyways lately I've been winning teams and playing high in singles so yes I do believe if MK is banned I have a good chance of winning.
so basically **** talk behind my back and when your friends are around.

yea i not as good as you but im not no scrub, you're not gonna win hobo 16.

come on dphat, get real

DallasPhat

Smash Master
so basically **** talk behind my back and when your friends are around.

yea i not as good as you but im not no scrub, you're not gonna win hobo 16.

come on dphat, get real
LMFAO ask anyone I got no problem **** talking you in your face dude, and yeah I think I have a good chance of winning at hobo 16 dude. I am "real" dawg.

Suspect

Smash Hero
LMFAO ask anyone I got no problem **** talking you in your face dude, and yeah I think I have a good chance of winning at hobo 16 dude. I am "real" dawg.
man i called yo bluff already, ur **** talk dont phase nor will it.

seriously, what u gonna say to me dphat?

Xyro77

so Basically **** Talk Behind My Back And When Your Friends Are Around.

Yea I Not As Good As You But Im Not No Scrub, You're Not Gonna Win Hobo 16.

Come On Dphat, Get Real
lmfao Ask Anyone I Got No Problem **** Talking You In Your Face Dude, And Yeah I Think I Have A Good Chance Of Winning At Hobo 16 Dude. I Am "real" Dawg.
both Of You Are Traaaaaash!!!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
man i called yo bluff already, ur **** talk dont phase nor will it.

seriously, what u gonna say to me dphat?
LOL You know I'm pretty notorious for **** talking man, so why even question if I'm going to **** talk you? Thats just ********, is a predator going to hunt his prey? Pretty ****in obvious he will man. I don't know what you mean by bluffs cause I hope you enjoy your stay at houston even after I **** talk you right next to your ear for 12+ hours straight.

Gea

Smash Master
This **** talk is weak. Quit using stereotypical lines and go for where it hurts.

WHOOO <3 Jerm

Edit: Oh yeah Kown, I was already teaming with Jerm for doubles so... maybe next time?

Suspect

Smash Hero
LOL You know I'm pretty notorious for **** talking man, so why even question if I'm going to **** talk you? Thats just ********, is a predator going to hunt his prey? Pretty ****in obvious he will man. I don't know what you mean by bluffs cause I hope you enjoy your stay at houston even after I **** talk you right next to your ear for 12+ hours straight.
idc what you're notorious for. My stay in houston is gonna be legit, if you wanna follow me around all day and be in my ear that's on you. Like i said, what u gonna say dphat? Nothing u say can phase me.

heytallman

CTALL
Well I don't care about you guys, but I'm pretty notorious for being bald. Just sayin'.

I am super excited for HOBO 16. DPhat vs Jack Frost will be EPIC!!! It's the next KRD vs Esca, or the next Infinity vs CY!!!! HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Gea

Smash Master
Or Jog v Ding Ding.

I'm still waiting for that ****. I got a front row ticket.

I want a cheap hot dog. I might even paint my face/body. I'm hyped.

Suspect

Smash Hero
naw if i recall those were money matches. I wouldn't mm him for character matchup wise and i know he is a better player. I would play him tho no doubt, id play anyone, main reason im coming to houston, to play better players.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*makes blanket statement on how everyone is trash in order look cool*

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
yo kown we got doubles. assuming mk is not banned in doubles, we shall team.

low tier doubles..... hmm ill team with blue J/ jaime if he wants but he doesnt look at this thread. jeremy can u ask him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom