• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
yea golf that sounds good

resume what the hell where you been?

I had a falling out with melee...it just kinda died out for me. I tried getting back into it several times but I couldn't so I just decided to stay away from SSB until brawl came around. I don't have a wii though so I can't play at my house X_X.

Like I said though, I'm going if I don't have to work past 11 on saturday.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yea...... sure so who do you main sideffect in brawl.
i hope you main some one that wins.
i will play you in melee some time....

thrillho60

Smash Rookie
Guys, you're all mostly gay. Stop saying you are busy, and if you actually are due to senseless things, no one cares. Don't even mention it unless you are actually willing to get something going, geez.

4-7 am? WTF? WHO ARE YOU? etc.

Roy, Jeremy, Cesar, Gabe, Vince, Alex... get at me. I'm ready for Brawl.
Dude, I'm seriously trying to get something going here, I'm desperate! I know I keep saying to peeps "maybe I can play today/ tomorrow around X:XX" and then I bail, but that's because family emergencies, meetings and other responsibilities to people who depend on me for things they need trump brawl every time. The major things right now are that I have a wife and daughter, my sister and nephew are in the hospital, I'm working on re-entering the active duty military (army), and we're trying to move out/ work out a lease on our house. So I'm sorry if I try to squeeze a little bit of smash juice out of all that and nothing comes out.

As for 4-7 am, I don't know or make assumptions about what peoples schedules or sleeping habits are, so I didn't think it would be a problem to throw it out there in case someone was available during that time. If I didn't mention it, most people would probably assume I was sleeping during that time, but I'm not, and most days it's the only time I can get to commit to myself and my own designs.

I'm sorry if I offended you side effect. But this is the way my life works right now and I'm just trying to make room in there to play this game against a person. I'm still going to be there on Saturday.

Oh yeah, and I'm not gay. I have no idea what that had to do with anything or where or how I implied that, but just to make things clear, I enjoy sexual intimacy with my wife, who is a female, and the thought of two men or two women making a mockery of that gift from God makes me vomit a little. Also I don't think this forum is of that nature, so I suggest we avoid the subject and stick to smash. If you want to talk about that, go just about anywhere else on the internet.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
For the old smashers who remember me....GET HYPE MOTHAS! I might show up if I don't have to work past 11 on saturday.
Oh shiz, its da pika!
Whats up resume, how've you been doing?
Roy, Jeremy, Cesar, Gabe, Vince, Alex... get at me. I'm ready for Brawl.
Ronnniiiie! You've got a car now right? Come down to my place any time (and for you I mean literally any time ;)) and we can brawl it up! I can show you all the stuff I know so far, jump-start you for tournies :)

Omg Bike Omg Bike
Dude, the bike is gonna be so awesome.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm seriously trying to get something going here, I'm desperate! I know I keep saying to peeps "maybe I can play today/ tomorrow around X:XX" and then I bail, but that's because family emergencies, meetings and other responsibilities to people who depend on me for things they need trump brawl every time. The major things right now are that I have a wife and daughter, my sister and nephew are in the hospital, I'm working on re-entering the active duty military (army), and we're trying to move out/ work out a lease on our house. So I'm sorry if I try to squeeze a little bit of smash juice out of all that and nothing comes out.

As for 4-7 am, I don't know or make assumptions about what peoples schedules or sleeping habits are, so I didn't think it would be a problem to throw it out there in case someone was available during that time. If I didn't mention it, most people would probably assume I was sleeping during that time, but I'm not, and most days it's the only time I can get to commit to myself and my own designs.

I'm sorry if I offended you side effect. But this is the way my life works right now and I'm just trying to make room in there to play this game against a person. I'm still going to be there on Saturday.

Oh yeah, and I'm not gay. I have no idea what that had to do with anything or where or how I implied that, but just to make things clear, I enjoy sexual intimacy with my wife, who is a female, and the thought of two men or two women making a mockery of that gift from God makes me vomit a little. Also I don't think this forum is of that nature, so I suggest we avoid the subject and stick to smash. If you want to talk about that, go just about anywhere else on the internet.
This message was edited by the real SideEffect

Slitzskin was on my account and made that phoney post.

thrillho60

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that came off pretty serious. I rant & ramble sometimes, and the parts where I was joking, my sense of humor doesn't lend itself well to online forums. I'll try not to take things personally.

You'll see on Saturday, I gesticulate a lot, which does most of the work of conveying what I'm realy saying.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I was half serious, but yeah its all good thrillho I really admire how mature you were about the situation. See you Saturday. Word of advice, avoid most of the people on this forum.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Okay, so I'm coming home.

I can have people over Friday night, but I don't have any furniture, so if anyone wants to spend the night, you'd have to bring a sleeping bag, or sleep on the floor :p
I can bring my tv, and I think my friend can bring a setup.
But yeah, we could get pizza and stuff and have ourselves a little smashfest.
Whoever is going to PZ on Saturday could carpool from my house if it's any closer.
Pimpslap, I'm looking at you!

But yeah. Anyone that wants to come over is welcome.
I'll brawl or melee with anyone that wants to, but if you wanna melee you'd prob have to bring it cause my friend doesn't have his copy anymore.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I just mapquested the place, and it's about an hour from my house.

So if you live on the west side of houston, it would be faster to just go from where you live.

Get at meh!

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Oh shiz, its da pika!
Whats up resume, how've you been doing?
I've been pretty good...I've honestly BEEN going to Planet Zero since I left Melee sometime back in September and repping low tier in Guilty Gear Accent Core ^_^. I ran into XZalla and Tarzan one or two times when I was over there in the past. There was a May 3rd Brawl tournament announced at their forums, so I figured I'd come over here and see what anyone has said about it at this point.

Did you move on to Ike seeing how Roy is gone now or did you move on to someone else? I'm kinda curious who everyone is using now. I'm guessing

PIMPSLAP: Toon Link
Ronnie/SideEffect: Wolf
Sethlon: Ike, maybe Marth?
G@be: Falcon or Pikachu?

I don't see anyone else I recognize from the past, so those are my guesses for who I've seen so far. As for who I play, you all know who it is and will remain to be ^_^.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
XYRO= samus

Im the only true samus main in tx. i currently have palced over all higher than all samus in the state. BAM!

BRING A FULL SET UP TO PZ IF YOU WANT YOUR ENTRY FEE REDUCED!!!! Wii/TV/SSBB!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've been pretty good...I've honestly BEEN going to Planet Zero since I left Melee sometime back in September and repping low tier in Guilty Gear Accent Core ^_^. I ran into XZalla and Tarzan one or two times when I was over there in the past. There was a May 3rd Brawl tournament announced at their forums, so I figured I'd come over here and see what anyone has said about it at this point.
Ahh, nice, Accent Core is too good.

Yeah, i started with Ike, but pretty quickly switched my main to Falco. The bird is good, and i wanna actually win tournaments this time around :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just me. but dugfin alwyas helps when im in matches or takin a food or potty break.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman

Did you move on to Ike seeing how Roy is gone now or did you move on to someone else? I'm kinda curious who everyone is using now. I'm guessing

I don't see anyone else I recognize from the past, so those are my guesses for who I've seen so far. As for who I play, you all know who it is and will remain to be ^_^.
Hey, are you that one Anji player that we played this past Saturday?

Don't know if you remember, but on Saturday there was an Eddie and a Testament play.
I used to use Ky, but recently switched to Testament.

IIRC, that Eddie player told me that you might be coming to Austin soon.

This true?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord

...........nagh i use snake resume:)
At popertop i will try everything i got to get there top i mean anythng lol.

golf your cool and i will like play you.... when i know it's possible..

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Hey, are you that one Anji player that we played this past Saturday?

Don't know if you remember, but on Saturday there was an Eddie and a Testament play.
I used to use Ky, but recently switched to Testament.

IIRC, that Eddie player told me that you might be coming to Austin soon.

This true?
Yep that was me playing with Anji. I remember your Testament and your friend's Eddie(GOD DAMMIT), and yes I will be moving to Austin in a few months.

And to Ronnie, Fox was my main in N64 too...I heard that Fox got a little worse and Wolf is one of the best now, so I wouldn't know really.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey guys, Im bout to move back to humble so I can finish the 2nd part of meh school. I want to play most of yall when I get over there... school is over for me already, and I'll be over there by 7pm today. I haven't posted much because Iv been packing.

Anyways, this should be my last move because my moms been packing for her move to California but Im staying here with my Grandma in Humble.

Good Day.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
wanna play today? isidro now is like good for me:)

my sig is directed at you resume:)
ahaha thats great. I've been meaning to ask how characters have changed since melee since I'm still a little out of the loop for brawl...I've heard things such as Peach is bad now, Zelda's good, and Wolf/Snake are two of the best. THen there are other ridiculous things such as pikachu becoming top tier and jigglypuff becoming rock-dead bottom. I'm not the one who's really played enough to know...

heytallman

CTALL
ahaha thats great. I've been meaning to ask how characters have changed since melee since I'm still a little out of the loop for brawl...I've heard things such as Peach is bad now, Zelda's good, and Wolf/Snake are two of the best. THen there are other ridiculous things such as pikachu becoming top tier and jigglypuff becoming rock-dead bottom. I'm not the one who's really played enough to know...
I wouldn't say that Snake is one of the best, T-Rex is just too godly with him right now. Game and Watch is looking to be very high tiered, and JIgglypuff really does suck now. Nerfed rest FTL

But Lucas is top tier

Jake. Would you like to get together after school tomorrow or Friday to play a little bit of Brawl? Get at me if you do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yep that was me playing with Anji. I remember your Testament and your friend's Eddie(GOD DAMMIT), and yes I will be moving to Austin in a few months.

And to Ronnie, Fox was my main in N64 too...I heard that Fox got a little worse and Wolf is one of the best now, so I wouldn't know really.
Fox can still ****. His pseudo-waveshine and dair into other attacks are too good. Plus shine can still ****, though it requires better guessing where you opponent is. His Usmash still kills at relatively low percentages (90-100% on mid weights).

Jake. Would you like to get together after school tomorrow or Friday to play a little bit of Brawl? Get at me if you do.
Me too, plz?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Snake and Meta Knight are current top tier, with others such as Marth, Dedede, and Toon Link following behind.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Fox can still ****. His pseudo-waveshine and dair into other attacks are too good. Plus shine can still ****, though it requires better guessing where you opponent is. His Usmash still kills at relatively low percentages (90-100% on mid weights).
Well said. My friend Salocin is a friggin ninja with him, check out his match against t-rex on xyro's new brawl vids.

AAAAGGH...SAT FTL!!! :( It's too late for me to sign up, but I'm gonna come early and check if there are any open slots to take it, called standby methinks.....so unless there aren't any open slots (which would also suck), I seriously doubt that I'd make it to PZ on time...oh wellz. Summa mah homeboyz might still go.

Pity this is, like, the last popup tourney for a looong time. I'm gonna miss goin to tournies weekly, cuz this past month was freakin sweet. AAAaaah wellz. C yall at the next one. :ohwell:

Aion

Smash Rookie
roy good time at your place with alan and brandon. Me gusto juegos brawl contigo. We need to play more, i live close and can play whenever. Let me know.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
roy good time at your place with alan and brandon. Me gusto juegos brawl contigo. We need to play more, i live close and can play whenever. Let me know.
same here dude, you should have come to the movies afterwards! lol high school sucks though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom