• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zori

Smash Champion
Zori is trash. I'm not good enough to play his Olimar. I see how it is. :(
i dont play olimar vs people iv already played mutiple times, i run out of mindgames :p.it was my first time playing trela and i never sandbag vs someone the first time.

+ i was on the same tv for 4 hours, i think it was my good luck doll :}

<3 rt

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Not being able to laugh and enjoy the game takes away from the experience. Honestly, if everyone played serious all the time, I would quit smash...

There's a reason why Texas is mostly nice. We can trash talk to each other, but we also make sure it's funny. And we know not to take everything so serious. At least, I would hope people don't take things too seriously...
The problem is when the "joke" is too repetitive and it gets annoying for those the joke is about.

IE: the Beaumont jokes are getting really old. It would be one thing if we were great from the start and didn't need acknowledgment of our effort or improvement, but we had to work our way to being good by playing within our group of 4 for 12 months.

You guys have no idea how good you have it. At just about any given time, you can call up a great player or 2 and practice for a few hours. We have to constantly make the 2 hour drive to wherever you guys are just so we can hang with a few of you and get some practice outside of the usual.

Now we are even with, if not better than, most of Houston but we never trash talk you guys the way you constantly troll us. A little respect goes a long way in a competitive gaming community.

Esca

Smash Champion
Precisely. And it's not like it's EVERYONE joking about it. RT, your the only one that does the "joke".

Instead of drama and other ridiculous antics, then why can't we seem to help each other get better, instead of calling the opposition trash, or someone not in your town. It's getting a bit old, considering we've been nothing but hospitable to EVERYONE. I spend at least $100 dollars everytime I have a fest, what does Houston do? Don't even pay gas money, when promised.

I'm not going to stop coming to Houston, yet, but if this BS continues, you're actually gonna lose a couple of good smashers, and friends, to most of you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The problem is when the "joke" is too repetitive and it gets annoying for those the joke is about.

IE: the Beaumont jokes are getting really old. It would be one thing if we were great from the start and didn't need acknowledgment of our effort or improvement, but we had to work our way to being good by playing within our group of 4 for 12 months.

You guys have no idea how good you have it. At just about any given time, you can call up a great player or 2 and practice for a few hours. We have to constantly make the 2 hour drive to wherever you guys are just so we can hang with a few of you and get some practice outside of the usual.

Now we are even with, if not better than, most of Houston but we never trash talk you guys the way you constantly troll us. A little respect goes a long way in a competitive gaming community.
*rant mode*I could say the same thing about the panda jokes and being like 50 years old. Do you know how many times I've had to put up with it now? And now that you, take, made that picture? Seriously the panda jokes have been almost what, three months now and you don't think I know where you are coming from? Guess what, I'm probably the target of more jokes than anyone in Houston.*end rant*

But here's the thing: it's SUPPOSED to be good natured and not taken seriously. You're supposed to just laugh and shrug it off. If everything was all serious all the time, then people would lose interest in the game. Despite the jokes made about me, I just laugh it off because I know you guys are kidding. And I don't mind people poking fun at me as long as they aren't serious about what they say. At least, I hope they aren't...I love the community and you guys. If the community weren't the way it is, I seriously would quit.

Beaumont is good. You've already proven it. Calling you trash isn't meant to be serious, and if you guys got that impression that it was meant to be taken seriously then...I apologize for myself and promise to never make another Beaumont joke ever again.

Also, playing in a small group IS how you get better. Smashfests really don't help you get better per say. They are more of a testing ground to see if strategies and ideas work. So, keep doing what you are doing. ;)

Continue with the panda jokes...I already secretly hate everyone anyways. :p

Obviously kidding about hating everyone.

Gea

Smash Master
Actually Take and Esca, I remember playing both of you a LONG time ago and then not really that much for a long time. I was impressed by how good both of you are now.

I don't feel like I need to say that though. You guys were a blast to play in doubles. If dislike all the Beaumont stuff, just tell the person nicely to quit. Actually that might not work. Dave made it clear he hated when Roy put his feet ontop of Dave's head, but that never stops Roy.

Gea

Smash Master
People like "getting in on the jokes." I hear about stuff I do from people who I've never heard of, LOL. Just consider yourself as famous. And if they don't know you, just play along until one day you play them. **** **** **** **** ****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dear god, Roy is a terrible person if you get to know him. Oh, the horrors I've experienced...I could write books.

Or maybe it's just me. I think getting told to "go blow up" is high on the list. Honestly, who says that? :ohwell:

Oh and addendum to my above post...seriously, some of the jokes that Beaumont tells are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. I say this not to offend, but just to state the fact that...they are weird. ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's Colombian, he was obviously talking about drugs when he said "go blow up."

At all you guys *****ing about being joked about and stuff, I only have two words to say "PX Status"

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
for sure! pits ftw. lolol
TEXAS smash scene just jokes WAYYY to much...it goes both ways...
we need to kinda stop or do less of it.
no kown, what furbs did to you was pretty ****ty. That **** is about to change.

Not being able to laugh and enjoy the game takes away from the experience. Honestly, if everyone played serious all the time, I would quit smash...

There's a reason why Texas is mostly nice. We can trash talk to each other, but we also make sure it's funny. And we know not to take everything so serious. At least, I would hope people don't take things too seriously...
Yes. when we joke(except for a select few) its just to get a luagh then move on. Nothing serious.

Precisely. And it's not like it's EVERYONE joking about it. RT, your the only one that does the "joke".

Instead of drama and other ridiculous antics, then why can't we seem to help each other get better, instead of calling the opposition trash, or someone not in your town. It's getting a bit old, considering we've been nothing but hospitable to EVERYONE. I spend at least $100 dollars everytime I have a fest, what does Houston do? Don't even pay gas money, when promised.

I'm not going to stop coming to Houston, yet, but if this BS continues, you're actually gonna lose a couple of good smashers, and friends, to most of you.
*rant mode*I could say the same thing about the panda jokes and being like 50 years old. Do you know how many times I've had to put up with it now? And now that you, take, made that picture? Seriously the panda jokes have been almost what, three months now and you don't think I know where you are coming from? Guess what, I'm probably the target of more jokes than anyone in Houston.*end rant*

But here's the thing: it's SUPPOSED to be good natured and not taken seriously. You're supposed to just laugh and shrug it off. If everything was all serious all the time, then people would lose interest in the game. Despite the jokes made about me, I just laugh it off because I know you guys are kidding. And I don't mind people poking fun at me as long as they aren't serious about what they say. At least, I hope they aren't...I love the community and you guys. If the community weren't the way it is, I seriously would quit.

Beaumont is good. You've already proven it. Calling you trash isn't meant to be serious, and if you guys got that impression that it was meant to be taken seriously then...I apologize for myself and promise to never make another Beaumont joke ever again.

Also, playing in a small group IS how you get better. Smashfests really don't help you get better per say. They are more of a testing ground to see if strategies and ideas work. So, keep doing what you are doing. ;)

ok look this is what i think:

1. At DS there were 2 set-ups(melee one doesnt count) and there were about 15 people. This is OUR problem. NO ONE shares and EVERYBODY is lazy. Take/esca/pop/cy. Of you 4 how many wiis/tvs/ssbb do you have? NO JOHNS. Bringing ONE doesnt cut it. Dont start *****ing when you are partly to blame for set-up problems. And as for houston, we make up 90% of the tourney seen and only 5 of us can bring set-ups?WTF **** is THAT! Set-ups arnt required to enter a tournament but it makes events like DS go much more smooth and allow more and more people to get matches in(so dont be stupid, bring set-ups, houston). Trela drove 1.5 hours here to play smash and he BARELY got to play ANY(thank god pnt happened). That kind of crap drives people away from the scene an i HATE that. Both sides are to blame here. LETS ALL BRING SET-UPS(yes its a hassle but ive been doing it for over 5 years, man up)

2. I will admit i "joke" or "trash talk" just like all of you but things need to change. RT jokes need to be stoped(this means stop laughing if some one says it). The "buttmont"/"buttmountain" jokes need to stop too(this means stop laughing if some one says it). Calling people TRASH is ok cause i started it and every time people say it it TRULY means no harm. Over all i guess the reason why we need to tone this stuff down(me included) is:

A. It gets old FAST(except for that panda photo of RT). We can all agree on this!

B. Some of it goes too far and then becomes serious(im not name-ing any specific jokes or trash talk) and you know it.

C. Some of you DOUBLE TEAM or JOIN SIDES when it comes time to degrade or make fun of someone(the SERIOUS stuff, not jokes). I wont name any names(esca/furbs) but that **** needs to stop. I heard 2 people do that yesterday and it wasnt the first time its happened...... You double team when it comes to making fun of people(and your serious about it, i was there) then later you switch sides and be all "buddy buddy" with that person. I cant force you to stop it but i will point you out in ever instance i see it untill people realize what a scumbag you are.

D. I will "name drop" one person cause the thing he did pissed me off to no end. FURBS. That crap about not letting Kown play on your wii or tv because he beat the **** out of you yoshi at ozzfest........that wont happen again( i assure you). That is 100% pre-school stuff. Wether you were "joking" or not. Dont do that ****. I love you( your one of the few from the old days) but i WILL not stand for that stuff. I fully agree what kown did is absolute ******** but he FINALLY wants to start winning so hes going to do what he needs to do(kinda like you going ddd just to GC 80% of the cast).

E. Lastly, me. I pretty much have been the LEAD trash talker(even way back in melee, sethlon/kalo knows this to be true) and ive pretty much taught alot of you to trash talk the way you do now. I apologize, i didnt know you people couldnt dish it out right and couldnt take it right. Back in melee i HONESTLY dont recall stuff liek this happening, so again i apologize. I will cut down on my level of trash talk cause i can already see its HELPED cause problems.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Flip is a better trash talker than Xyro. Nuff said.. Anyways, if you hear me talking smack, just blow it off. Oh, Whobo is like in 2 weeks... Flip needs to get on hyper mode.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro, you misunderstand. You guys are more than welcome to keep making panda jokes. I honestly do not mind, even though I might suffer some psychological damage. I do find it funny, but maybe it's because I already self-deprecate myself anyways. My reaction will only be the same every time...facepalm or head on table covered with both hands. I know it's a sign of endearment if anything.

Group hug for everyone. I missed Houston drama. :)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
We are bringing it to you next week though =].. specially all the upsets!.. dojo and razer team second place! =@

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
People just like to make a big deal about everything(jokes,trashtalking,skill). I personally never found how constantly degrading others is fun, even if it is just a joke.

Just play to improve, and have fun. Serious time is for tournaments :).

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'd just like to say I love every single one of you like my own brothers, and I seriously mean that from the bottom of my heart. <3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

*cuts wrists*

*then proceeds to stab knife in stomach*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gosh, Zori is such a bully on AllisBrawl. I HATE YOU.

*cries in corner*

So, looks like I will be taking Gnes, Gea, Tallman and Furbs to College Station tournament. Prepare for the Metas. :ohwell:

Trela

Smash Lord
Yesterday was fun for me, it being the first time hanging out with Houston Smashers. Sorry if I didnt talk much; I'm still getting used to everyone. It'll take about a month or 2 until I start talking :( I'm also trying to get my mom to allow me to bring my Wii :I it's tough.

*is also trying to learn the Snake, Pit, and Olimar match up*

Oah hai thare RT. <3

And Zori, I think that is the best Sig evar! Though I dont feel like editing my Sig :p

=Trela=

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Yesterday was fun for me, it being the first time hanging out with Houston Smashers. Sorry if I didnt talk much; I'm still getting used to everyone. It'll take about a month or 2 until I start talking :( I'm also trying to get my mom to allow me to bring my Wii :I it's tough.

*is also trying to learn the Snake, Pit, and Olimar match up*

Oah hai thare RT. <3

And Zori, I think that is the best Sig evar! Though I dont feel like editing my Sig :p

=Trela=
We need to play more, i could tell you were nervous in the crew battle for some reason. I always have fun when we play =)

Trela

Smash Lord
We need to play more, i could tell you were nervous in the crew battle for some reason. I always have fun when we play =)
I'm always nervous. It's mostly because I'm new and dont know what to say. I just keep my mouth shut for now...

And yeah, Marths own :d

Btw, Xyro, it's pretty hopeless right now. My mom was almost screaming at me over this stuff. You gotta help me think of something. I tried the Information stuff and it really didnt work :(

=Trela=

Trela

Smash Lord
screaming at you, why?
Trela's Summary on Quote from mother: "I HATE WHEN YOU DO THIS KIND OF STUFF. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE, AND YOUR WAISTING YOUR TIME WITH THIS GAME! I REALLY DONT WANT YOU DOING THIS ANYMORE..."

:I

I'm trying to get to go to more Tournaments...

When the time comes, she will explode. When that happens, I'll be forced to quit Brawl. I really dont want that happening...

=Trela=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom