• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
Bah, everyone's bailed on me. Don't think I'll be making it.

Cake said he's gonna try and get off for the weekend but I doubt that. We'll see what happens I guess. :(

U sir....are just mean now...

Who will abuse metas invincibility frames now....WHO!!!!!!....WHO ****IT!!!!!!

heytallman

CTALL
Hey guys,

I'm from the Houston area and I'm new to the smashboards community. I intend to attend HOBO 13 to get my first taste of the Smash world outside of my small group of friends. This is my first tournament, so can anyone let me know of the basics? Mainly I just want to know if I have to pre-register to attend or if I can just show up and pay $5 and play.

Thanks
Whereabouts in Houston do you live? Practice might be able to go down.

kown

Smash Lord
Thanks UltimateRazer!

Haha kown... I probably won't be significant anyways. I'll fall to the pressure of the tournament and go off as a newb metaknight player.

Is the tournament double elimination?

i'm just kidding... have fun at your tourney...btw theres a tourney going down this saturday if your intrested.

heytallman

CTALL
heytallman I live in the Clear Lake area... you?
I live at UH during the week, and SW Houston on weekends/this upcoming Christmas break after finals.

No cap?
Low tier tourney?
Good drinks?
Awesome. I'm there.
You gonna show everyone what's up with your :link2:? Too bad my :lucas: won't be there to wreck shop. I cannot make it to this tournament!!!!! You better **** up in low tier.

*sigh* good luck to everyone on Saturday.

CY

Smash Ace
Body movin' body movin'
A1 sound in the town so soothing
Body movin' body movin'
We be getting down and you know we're crush groovin'

CY

Smash Ace
Zori lives in the clear lake area... U should practice with him.... Ill tell him about u ;)
no one asked for your input, ozzy osbourne

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head
(Oh) Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead
Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all those people with magic
(Yeah)You waited on Satan's call

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
What exactly does practicing involve...? Do we just meet up at someone's house and then Brawl I guess? I'm still a high school student, so bringing people in that I met online probably isn't cool with my parents, but I could more than likely go to someone else's house now that I can drive and all.

CY

Smash Ace
What exactly does practicing involve...? Do we just meet up at someone's house and then Brawl I guess? I'm still a high school student, so bringing people in that I met online probably isn't cool with my parents, but I could more than likely go to someone else's house now that I can drive and all.
Like everybody else, when I started bodybuilding, I wanted bigger biceps, even though I am blessed with good arm genetics. I thought the route to follow was doing barbell curls, but my early experiences with that exercise taught me that although barbell curls allowed me to use heavy weights, the muscular stress caused by the poundage was in no way being applied 100% to my biceps. I believe that the heavy weights employed for barbell curls encourage the user to cheat through the exercise, perhaps without even knowing it. A person tends to bend the upper torso to let the momentum of the weight take over. In addition, instead of the biceps powering out the reps, forearms and front delts are called into play too much.

You must analyze what kind of development you are aiming for with your biceps training. You should seek full development in terms of thickness and fullness of your biceps muscle attachments, plus optimum accentuation of the biceps peaks. Those aspects are best achieved by exercises that isolate the biceps - ones that allow you to put maximum stress on your biceps throughout the completion of each set. Cheating on barbell curls means that at certain times during the course of a rep, the biceps are given an easy, if not free, ride.

Based on the preceding thought, I came to the conclusion that cable work provided the required dual facilities of isolating the biceps while allowing them to be under constant stress throughout the completion of each set. The latter element is particularly difficult to attain during the negative (descending) part of each rep. This is where cables score heavily. With cables, you can maintain muscular stress during the negative phase to an extent that is not mechanically possible with free weights.

Many authorities claim that cables are solely for advanced bodybuilders, in order 'to refine what they've already built.' I don't agree. Cable work allows you to attack the biceps with 100% concentration, and that sort of exclusive application will make the biceps grow. Muscle fibers don't know whether the stress is being applied by free weights or a machine; they respond only to the level of muscular stress being placed on them. Whatever does the job, will do the job!

Remember, my biceps training routine can be followed by weight trainers of all levels, though for beginners, I would suggest a slight modification to the routine. As you will notice, I advise that a beginner reduce the number of reps and increase the weight on the last two sets of each exercise. This is because a beginner's need for sheer size is more urgent than building hardness and density. The lower rep range and heavier poundages will fulfill that need.

pretty much all you need to practice. also, eat whey protein everyday and try to stack about 4-5 meals a day of lean, good protein.

hope this helped you on practicing.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You gonna show everyone what's up with your :link2:? Too bad my :lucas: won't be there to wreck shop. I cannot make it to this tournament!!!!! You better **** up in low tier.

You're making me feel bad because I won't get to go to that tourny and show off my :ivysaur:, :lucas:, or :samus2: D: (Sorry, just wanted to use those smilies xD)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I live at UH during the week, and SW Houston on weekends/this upcoming Christmas break after finals.

Yeah, and I'm gonna seriously practice like CRAZY for this one, considering it's prolly the last chance I'll get to LOOK at smash till school's over this semester (finals FTL :\). Can't wait, sry u can't go man D:

You're making me feel bad because I won't get to go to that tourny and show off my :ivysaur:, :lucas:, or :samus2: D: (Sorry, just wanted to use those smilies xD)
Lols, whip out :ivysaur: at the next one for great justice (pun intended :p)! Jk, sry u can't go either :urg:

I gotta hav a 1v1 chat with ur mom sumtime about this, no items, :fox: only, final d. :grin:

CY

Smash Ace
**** me i just realized i was taking the SAT on the 6th. buttttttttt, i'm going to reschedule the test date because i forgot about it and haven't prepared for it, plus i don't want to miss HOBO. :)

Santi

Smash Lord
Beah I cant come, but can you house me anyways Beah?

Beah? Hellllooooo?

=)
kekeke

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tallman, you'll still be coming to the UH thing Thursday right?

All hail Beah! It's almost as funny as Gner. GNER! :)

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Ill be willing to house friday night.....
I have a big house and its warm.....hehe...
so just hit me up.......

is anyone willing to practice for the rest of the week between 4pm-9pm

heytallman

CTALL
Tallman, you'll still be coming to the UH thing Thursday right?

All hail Beah! It's almost as funny as Gner. GNER! :)
I shall attend. As always, I will show up at about 9-930 for the destruction. I have no Wii console in my dorm room, rather, just my controller. So no Smash tomorrow, Flip, and gner.

....GNER!!!!!!!!!!

garrR

Smash Apprentice
i might actually sacrifice finals study time to make the drink station tournament, if flip is willing to give me a ride. i love you flip :)

kown

Smash Lord
man i remember when i was in the exact predicament as you.

**** me i just realized i was taking the SAT on the 6th. buttttttttt, i'm going to reschedule the test date because i forgot about it and haven't prepared for it, plus i don't want to miss HOBO. :)
lol you cant just reschedule test dates...fool get your priorities straight!! SAT is for your future...smash is for fun...

BTW JUST FINISHED MY COLLEGE APP FOR TEXAS A&M WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i better get accepted... BEAH work some magic.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I expect to play with everyone in houston when I come....

If not I'll be satisfied playing with just roy r and RT. You guys are too cool

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I expect to play with everyone in houston when I come....

If not I'll be satisfied playing with just roy r and RT. You guys are too cool
No No No, I'm not letting you leave houston without playing a fellow toon link.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Guys! I will be doing friendlies all day if i can! Please just walk up to me and ask if you want to friendly :). I will try to say yes unless im hungry/tired XD. I'm gonna show my stuff this HOBO...even more ;)

CY

Smash Ace
man i remember when i was in the exact predicament as you.

lol you cant just reschedule test dates...fool get your priorities straight!! SAT is for your future...smash is for fun...

BTW JUST FINISHED MY COLLEGE APP FOR TEXAS A&M WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i better get accepted... BEAH work some magic.
i have my priorities straight, i just said since i haven't prepared for it i don't want to make a bad score. i've taken the SAT once and i made around an average score, so i want to do good on this next one. and yes, you can reschedule the SAT, i already looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom